Forum

Hey guys, can you please stop folding?

Created 2nd May 2011 @ 14:26

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 15 16 17 18 Next »

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Krakyn

[…]

Xzr even for you this is a dumb argument. We all used to play vanilla, it’s not adaptation it’s regression.

I doubt everybody here played vanilla.

Dummy

Quoted from Krakyn

[…]

Xzr even for you this is a dumb argument. We all used to play vanilla, it’s not adaptation it’s regression.

the idea that unlocks = positive progress is disputable

xzr

Quoted from Krakyn

[…]

Actually probably the majority of “pro-cinnamon” people have started playing while the unlocks were out.

Krakyn even for you this is a dumb argument.

Sketch

MM

to summarise:

unlocks! vanilla! unlocks! vanilla! unlocks! vanilla! unlocks! vanilla! unlocks! vanilla! unlocks! vanilla! unlocks! vanilla! unlocks! vanilla! unlocks! vanilla! unlocks! vanilla! unlocks! vanilla! unlocks! vanilla! unlocks! vanilla! unlocks! vanilla! unlocks! vanilla! unlocks! vanilla! unlocks! vanilla! unlocks! vanilla! unlocks! vanilla! unlocks! vanilla! unlocks! vanilla! unlocks! vanilla! unlocks! vanilla! unlocks! vanilla! unlocks! vanilla! unlocks! vanilla! unlocks! vanilla! unlocks! vanilla! unlocks! vanilla! unlocks! vanilla!

stfu!

Last edited by Sketch,

Dummy

Quoted from xzr

[…]

Actually probably the majority of “pro-cinnamon” people have started playing while the unlocks were out.

Krakyn even for you this is a dumb argument.

I find this insulting
im stuck in the division 4 area and ive been here for more than a year
edit:
a lot of people wanting cinnamon have been here for a long time is my point

Last edited by Dummy,

Skully

Quoted from kuma

[…]

No, you really have no idea how the game works if you are suggesting unlocks somehow make it more skillful. If it was another argument based on solid knowledge then I’d understand.
I realise I sound really fucking elitist and I absolutely hate it, plus I know I’m not a top player myself, but playing with and against good players I’ve just started to grasp the different strategies available at a higher level, and I can see the game is deep enough without unlocks which just complicate things.
What you’re doing is like someone arguing for or against AV when they don’t even know anything about it.

[…]

I haven’t missed the point. Losing isn’t fun for me, I’d rather go out with my friends for fun than get shit on in a game. You clearly aren’t competitively minded but that doesn’t mean others aren’t.

ok, now Im starting to find a level to talk to you with. if you wanna get political, yes your right its like people bitching about AV, and tbh I dont want AV or the currect system, so to compare me to someone like that is a valid point and I understand that. (this is another debate which would get totally off topic, so lets shh about that in this thread)

I know your not a top top player, however you are sounding like an elitist, but in some way you do have your right to sound like one (if that makes sence). As for strats, I wont disagree I have no idea about strats, Im still learning, but to say because I only know 1/8th of the strats means I have no knowledge is partly true. What I’m wanting to get out is not to complicate things, but just to create a base that brings a balance. For example, wireplay, what were the unlocks for the top divs? Vin +medic + equalizer +sanwitch + bonk. Whats wrong with that? Nothing, and when you look at it, its not Vin or Cin, its a balance. Why cant we look at unlocks like that and see if a couple (JUST a couple) of other unlocks could be added? examples being Jarate, amputaor (sp), shortstop. Basicly, weapons that have a larger disadvatage in comp then their bonuses

as for the losing isnt fun, yes, your right, I have a competitive edge, heck I’ll admit Ive had that competitive edge when in a lobby. And Ive been there in a team where we kept getting rolled. But I could pay a game tonight, get rolled 5-0 5-0, pause, then get back and play a mix and have fun again. As long as you know you were outplayed and you didnt do anything wrong, losing isnt that bad to look at (again, does that actully make sence?!) Ive always looked at the line “you learn more when losing” as something to look at

maybe Im spluring bullshit and senceless things, however, Im not gonna say “stfu dick” because I respect your points, and also, wtf, sensible arguement on the internet? I just lost the game

Dummy

Quoted from Skully

What I’m wanting to get out is not to complicate things, but just to create a base that brings a balance. For example, wireplay, what were the unlocks for the top divs? Vin +medic + equalizer +sanwitch + bonk. Whats wrong with that? Nothing, and when you look at it, its not Vin or Cin, its a balance. Why cant we look at unlocks like that and see if a couple (JUST a couple) of other unlocks could be added? examples being Jarate, amputaor (sp), shortstop. Basicly, weapons that have a larger disadvatage in comp then their bonuses

a balance was already attempted with cinnamon

it failed.

(for a reason)

Skully

Quoted from Dummy

[…]
a balance was already attempted with cinnamon

it failed.

(for a reason)

tried and failed, so why cant we try again? Are we afraid of fucking up again?

Dummy

Quoted from Skully

[…]

because it will fail, again
nobody fucked up, the solution just wasn’t sensible and vanilla was and is much more preferred

Skully

Quoted from Dummy

[…]
because it will fail, again
nobody fucked up, the solution just wasn’t sensible and vanilla was and is much more preferred

fair and valid, but surely an unlock list like [actully, not like, but just IS the unlock list as it worked for the top divs] the one used for div3-prem in wireplay would be the best option to give people a balance?

Last edited by Skully,

AnimaL

Quoted from Skully

[…]

fair and valid, but surely an unlock list like the one used for div3-prem in wireplay would be the best option to give people a balance?

no

Dummy

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]no

word, brother
im out

grimbar

Quoted from Skully

[…]

fair and valid, but surely an unlock list like [actully, not like, but just IS the unlock list as it worked for the top divs] the one used for div3-prem in wireplay would be the best option to give people a balance?

The balance is called vanilla+medlocks. I personally would only allow the Kritzkrieg since I deem the reward for a mere ubersaw hit to be too high but I can live with vanilla+medlocks.

Nothing beyond that though.

xzr

Quoted from Skully

[…]

Top teams want vanilla. Not vanilla + just a few cool weapons. Not vanilla + equalizer.

Vanilla.

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Quoted from xzr

[…]

Top teams want vanilla. Not vanilla + just a few cool weapons. Not vanilla + equalizer.

Vanilla.

Kritz?

I bet Kritz is OK huh? Even though it lets you 1 shot almost every class? Still OK? Still Vanilla? if you allow Kritz shouldn’t you also allow the games counter to kritz…the thingy banner, w/e it’s called. Is it still vanilla now?

Bonk? G’pit without bonk aint so much fun, especially as you can move the gun now too. Still vanilla?

The only way this is ever gonna be resolved if a tf2 god is suddenly spawned who decrees the tf2 10 commandments to us all, for ever and ever AMEN!

Last edited by Monkeh,

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 15 16 17 18 Next »