Forum

Hey guys, can you please stop folding?

Created 2nd May 2011 @ 14:26

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 14 15 16 ... 18 Next »

kuma

Quoted from Monkeh

Question: Does the EU or the US have a more healthy scene? Which is growing/shrinking fastest?

Find out and the answer lies within. If US is sprouting new teams left and right and a healthy influx of new players then WHAMMO! If not then….ermmm..DOUBLE WHAMMO!

Thing is, a common ruleset for ALL TF2 leagues would have to be a benficial thing. Do other games have different rule-sets for different leagues? I have no idea, but I bet some of you do…

Depends if the game is designed for competitive play or not. If it is, then obviously there doesn’t need to be much change if any. If the game is purely designed for public play then yes.

Examples:

Public = Comp games: SC2, SF4, HoN, BLC
Public + Comp games: WoW, CS, COD4, QL
Mainly public games: TF2

The further down the list you go, the more different comp play is to pub play.

Cooler

4Queens

Quoted from Dummy

fourth thread I’m asking now, can I get an answer admins as to why having a different ruleset for the top (two) division(s) is a bad idea?

no. vanilla for all and cinamon if both teams agree.

flushy

P.O.P

Quoted from dauk

[…]

i don’t get if it’s a troll ;/

are u handicapped? XD

Extremer

no assembly, no dreamhack…
tf2 is dead. tf2 remains dead. and we killed it.

Cooler

4Queens

[*]

Monkeh

.:ne:.

Quoted from Cooler

no. vanilla for all and cinamon if both teams agree.

My problem with this or the other way round is that you will get TEAMS, (not admins or people in the know or any other person!), dictating to ME how to play our match.

This would lead to much QQ’ing on match pages and let ‘bad blood’ between teams get even badder. We’d end up a tattered shadow of our former glorious selves, bitching and bickering like CSS players.

We wanna use equaliser
No
But…but…awww c’mon, you can use it too!
Nope
Our sollies really need it to play, stop being fags and let us have our pickaxes!
Nope.avi
You bunch of fucking retards, let us play with our axes you mean shits…fuck YOU!!!
Nope.avi ktnxbai
RRRAAAAGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Etc. Wouldn’t end well.

Last edited by Monkeh,

Skully

Quoted from kuma

[…]

Your view is clearly that from a lower level of TF2 and that’s fine, but please don’t pretend to speak for the whole community by your fail attempt at a “truth bomb”.

Am I actully suprised you said this? Nope. Yeah, Im a shitnerd, not gonna hide it, but it doesnt mean I have no idea about how the game works. The view may be from the bottom depths of the league, but it doesnt mean you guys at the top have to be stubborn and not even TRY the sugestions in my post

Quoted from kuma

It’s also not so easy to recruit when there are maybe only 1 or 2 candidates suitable to play at the level you want, and often they turn out to be ragers or emos. It’s very rare to find the right person for your team, you can’t just replace someone from the recruitment page like you suggest.

youve missed the point, they may not be the level you want them to be, but if youve got to the point you could fold and just need numbers to keep the team going until the end of the season, why not just do it for FUN

its a game, not a fucking war trial for genocide, we play, we win, we lose, we laugh, we drink, simple as

Monkeh

Last edited by Monkeh,

Dummy

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

Dunno when or where you played football but I had definitely been taught the offside rule when I was 12 years old :D

Also, comparing 6 year olds to lower div players fails a bit don’t you think?

no it doesn’t, they are like 6 year olds compared to premiership players

xzr

Quoted from Monkeh

[…]

My problem with this or the other way round is that you will get TEAMS, (not admins or people in the know or any other person!), dictating to ME how to play our match.

This would lead to much QQ’ing on match pages and let ‘bad blood’ between teams get even badder. We’d end up a tattered shadow of our former glorious selves, bitching and bickering like CSS players.

We wanna use equaliser
No
Nope
Our sollies really need it to play, stop being fags and let us have our pickaxes!
Nope.avi
You bunch of fucking retards, let us play with our axes you mean shits…fuck YOU!!!
Nope.avi ktnxbai

Etc. Wouldn’t end well.

shitnerds can’t adapt to vanilla

deal with it

kuma

Quoted from Skully

[…]
Am I actully suprised you said this? Nope. Yeah, Im a shitnerd, not gonna hide it, but it doesnt mean I have no idea about how the game works. The view may be from the bottom depths of the league, but it doesnt mean you guys at the top have to be stubborn and not even TRY the sugestions in my post

No, you really have no idea how the game works if you are suggesting unlocks somehow make it more skillful. If it was another argument based on solid knowledge then I’d understand.
I realise I sound really fucking elitist and I absolutely hate it, plus I know I’m not a top player myself, but playing with and against good players I’ve just started to grasp the depth there is at a higher level, and I can see the game is complicated enough without unlocks.
What you’re doing is like someone arguing for or against AV when they don’t even know anything about it.

Quoted from Skully

youve missed the point, they may not be the level you want them to be, but if youve got to the point you could fold and just need numbers to keep the team going until the end of the season, why not just do it for FUN

its a game, not a fucking war trial for genocide, we play, we win, we lose, we laugh, we drink, simple as

I haven’t missed the point. Losing isn’t fun for me, I’d rather go out with my friends for fun than get shit on in a game. You clearly aren’t competitively minded but that doesn’t mean others aren’t.

Last edited by kuma,

Quoted from Monkeh

[…]

We wanna use equaliser
No
Nope
Nope.avi
Nope.avi ktnxbai

Etc. Wouldn’t end well.

Well than u go back to the situation as it is now: Two divided leagues with one with unlocks and otherone with nonunlocks.

How u turn it arround, i don’t think the top teams would like to play with nonvanilla rules so in the end the best solution is to put standard vanilla in etf2l and let teams decide amongst themselves to use unlocks or not.

the very basic is playing without unlocks so even a soldier should be able to play without equaliser.

CommanderX

(ETF2L Donator)
TEZC

Its people like you that make my coverage look good, thanks

Dummy

Quoted from ShitFly

[…]

Well than u go back to the situation as it is now: Two divided leagues with one with unlocks and otherone with nonunlocks.

How u turn it arround, i don’t think the top teams would like to play with nonvanilla rules so in the end the best solution is to put standard vanilla in etf2l and let teams decide amongst themselves to use unlocks or not.

the very basic is playing without unlocks so even a soldier should be able to play without equaliser.

in other news,
playing without the equaliser increases one’s skill as a soldier
edit
Ups you beast, 15 pages in less than a day

Last edited by Dummy,

Krakyn

rEJ

Quoted from xzr

[…]

shitnerds can’t adapt to vanilla

deal with it

Xzr even for you this is a dumb argument. We all used to play vanilla, it’s not adaptation it’s regression.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 14 15 16 ... 18 Next »