Latest Rules & Configs Updates
- 2.2.3. Offensive messages, nicknames and avatars are not welcome:
We do not tolerate offensive team names/nicknames, avatars and messages regardless of where they are posted – this includes (but is not limited to) the forum, match comments, and in-game during official matches. Any form of offensive behavior, including offensive bind spamming in the in-game chat, is not allowed. Admins reserve the right to contact the players involved to have their name changed and will change offensive names on their own if the players are uncooperative. All cases are reviewed individually. Penalties may vary based on the severity of each offense, with any decisions being made at the discretion of the admin team. All circumstances will be taken into account.
- Removal of the class limitation in the Highlander config.
- Addition of TwiiKuu ‘s plugin to the config.
- sm_deterministic_fall_damage 1
- sm_fix_ghost_crossbow_bolts 1
- sm_fix_slope_bug 1
- sm_fix_sticky_delay 1
- sm_remove_halloween_souls 1
- We’re adding the crouching sniper player model bug to the list of of banned exploits.
Server Configs Changes
We have decided to put on a restriction on the classes directly in the server configs. To install ETF2L configs on your server, upload the .cfg and .txt files to your server’s orangebox/tf/cfg folder. You must execute the appropriate ETF2L config before any league match, by using the “exec [configname]” command.
General Rules Changes
|Old Rules||New Rules|
|2.1. All players are welcome||1.1. All players are welcome|
|2.2. Only players with correctly entered Steam IDs are eligible||1.1.1. Only players with correctly entered Steam IDs are eligible|
|1.9. Roster locks||1.5. Roster locks|
|3.10. Warnings may lead to point deduction or removal from a competition||1.6. Warnings may lead to point deduction or removal from a competition|
|2.4. Every player has to record Demos||2.1. Every player has to record Demos|
|2.4.1. Penalties for not providing requested demos||2.1.1. Penalties for not providing requested demo|
|4.5. Maps need to be played in the set order||3.4. Maps need to be played in the set order|
|4.6. Deciding sides||3.5. Deciding sides|
- 3.11. Class limits within the gamemode will also count dead players
- 4. Maps
- 6.4. Taunt slide bug is forbidden
- 1.2. Scheduled matches have to be entered on the League Calendar
- 3.6. Switching line-ups or hijacking teams is not allowed
We have added an example to be clearer.
- 3.7. The amount of players with higher experience that can join after the Provisional Tiers are published is limited
We have worded the rule differently to avoid any misunderstanding.
These are centain rules that have been removed or partially reworked in order to make the rules clearer.
|Origin Rules||New Rules|
|1.2. Scheduled matches have to be entered on the League Calendar
1.3. Separate schedule & match deadline for every match – Default Date for all matches
1.5. Only submitted playdays are used to generate the Default Date
3.3. Scheduled matches can only be postponed by a reschedule agreement
6v6 rules 1.7. Late matches are not allowed
HL rules 1.8. Late matches are not allowed
|1.3. Official matches have to be entered on ETF2L|
|2.5. Abusive chat, nicknames and avatars are not welcome
2.8. You can have your ETF2L name changed up to 4 times
2.9. Players playing in matches casted by an org must use their real nickname
|2.2. Nicknames rules|
- 3.13. Weapons and Hats rules
- 4. Premiership only rules
- 6.4. Game Modifications
Modifications that give the player a massive gameplay advantage are strictly forbidden. Players who are caught using banned modifications will be penalized on a case-by-case basis depending on the impact of the modification. Possible penalties may include team warnings, default losses and league bans for the offending player.
Examples of banned modifications:
- Sniper Scope Removal
- Shadow Boxes
- Sound file manipulations that make gameplay situations far easier to detect (e.g. Spy decloak, Medic’s full charge sizzle, footstep sounds)
- Removal of map props
Examples of allowed modifications:
- Custom HUDs
- Custom Hitsounds
- Custom Viewmodels and Crosshairs
- Removing Ambient Soundscapes
- Flat Textures
- No Hats
If you are unsure about the legality of a particular modification, please contact an admin to clarify the situation before using it in an official match.
- 8. Explanations section
- 1.3. Map pool
- 1.6. Teams may not add new players from week 7 onward
- 1.8. Premiership only rules
- 1.9. Prizes
- 2.2. Weapons rules
- 1.3. No mercs allowed unless your opponent agrees
If a team wants to use a merc, they must contact the opponent before the match starts and ask if the merc is allowed to play and on which class. If the opponent agrees, make sure a log of the agreement is taken and provided in the match comments, together with links to the mercs’ ETF2L profile.
To avoid any confusion: If a player is accepted on a specific class they must play this class and are not allowed to switch to another class unless if the opponent approved beforehand. If no restrictions are proposed the player can play any class. Switching a merc to a different class without permission will result in a punishment.
- 1.3.2. A team can use up to a maximum of 1 merc in Grand Final matches
- 2.2. Maps
With a specification where KOTH Scoring has been modified to match Highlander Rules.
When the results of any KOTH map in 6v6 are 3-2 this will count as a Golden Cap win/loss. This change is an effort to divide points fairer as in the current system there is no difference from a 3-2 loss and a 3-0 loss on KOTH maps. Please remember to check the Golden Cap box if your match had a scoreline of 3-2 when submitting results.
- 1.3. Map schedule
- 1.4. KOTH scoring
- 1.7. Teams are not allowed to use new players from week 5 onward
- 1.9. Premiership only rules
- 2.2. Weapons rules
- 1.5. One mercenary allowed by default in mid and open only and up to 3 mercenaries if the opponent agrees
To use more than one merc, you will need specific approval from the opponent for each merc and each class.
To avoid any confusion: if a player is accepted on a specific class they must play this class and are not allowed to switch to another class unless the opponent approved beforehand. If no restrictions are proposed the player can play any class. Switching a merc to a different class without permission will result in a punishment.
- 2.2. Maps