Forum

TF2 Is Dead?

Created 20th January 2012 @ 13:26

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 20 Next »

ilike2spin

RLM

Quoted from antyjc

[…]

This really isn’t true though. At least not at a higher level imo, take Byte and TCM for example, me flisko and pena weren’t picked up because of our previous experience in div1 or prem, but because we were talented enough and got noticed. Same with larsa and relic, darn saw him on DM, he had good aim, so he gave him a chance. Same with my team, I noticed crouton on a double mix, and leojan from mge, not because they had previous experience.

That confirms what snyyppis said, take a decent player and put them in prem and they could play prem after a short time. Take someone like jukebox, great dm and has improved loads since joining broder. Likewise with the examples you’ve given. I’m confident you could take any of the players in my team and put them in a prem team and they’d get up to speed quickly but it takes a lot longer when you’re all the same level.

Playing with better people makes you learn faster than playing with people of the same level.

Quoted from antyjc

[…]

This really isn’t true though. At least not at a higher level imo, take Byte and TCM for example, me flisko and pena weren’t picked up because of our previous experience in div1 or prem, but because we were talented enough and got noticed. Same with larsa and relic, darn saw him on DM, he had good aim, so he gave him a chance. Same with my team, I noticed crouton on a double mix, and leojan from mge, not because they had previous experience.

alright, add me for doublemix, I’m talented enough.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Erectus raped us :(.

WOODY[

Op4

no matter how many double mixes i top frag, everyone still thinks i’m bad =(

Ghent

Team

Quoted from WOODY[

no matter how many double mixes i top frag, everyone still thinks i’m bad =(

because you are

WOODY[

Op4

=,C

baerbel

trick17
trick17

Quoted from antyjc

Can anyone tell me what the problem is?

The problem is non-existent. There has never been more than 2-3 good teams, the rest was always “shit”.

Swifty

ξ(゜ヮ゜)ξ

Quoted from ilike2spin

[…]

That confirms what snyyppis said, take a decent player and put them in prem and they could play prem after a short time. Take someone like jukebox, great dm and has improved loads since joining broder. Likewise with the examples you’ve given. I’m confident you could take any of the players in my team and put them in a prem team and they’d get up to speed quickly but it takes a lot longer when you’re all the same level.

Playing with better people makes you learn faster than playing with people of the same level.

Quoted from CUBE

[…]

alright, add me for doublemix, I’m talented enough.

Sure, you could possibly take any player, play with them enough in prem situations and they MIGHT be able to start actually competing at that level properly after a few months/years.

I’d rather take a div 5 player who hasn’t played higher than that but looks like they have a lot of potential over a div 3 player who has been playing at that level for ages.

Last edited by Swifty,

redou

PyRo|GEN

It’s not because high players are gone, that TF2 is dead.

This game is dead, for a long time now. Not especially because this or this player left.

Prem teams don’t make the community, even if you are too proud of yourself to say :”omg you bad go d6″ even there’s alot of players who try to improve.

However it’s not a problem of pickup/mixes with high level players, players who are good enough to go higher div are playing as a team. Every member in a team can’t have the same skill level, they must deal with it. I know some good demo and soldier who could rape litterally the ass of div1/prem players. But they are stuck to their team, because they want to go far with it, not especially leaving them for a team with better players…

redou

PyRo|GEN

D:

Last edited by redou,

Shotgun

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

If you want more “true premier” quality players, do the work and help them get there instead of excluding them for not having played in the right div or saying they’re shit while doing nothing to help them.

Carry me to prem plz I’m stuck with shitty lows.

But yeah we need more high div mixes imo. Pickup/Steam groups only play matches sometimes because not enough players know about it or players have to be invited.
It might be a good idea if ETF2L had some sort of mix thing on the website so everyone can just play whenever he wants in his skill level. I don’t know how you would determine skill level to have good mixes though.

Last edited by Shotgun,

Quoted from Swifty

[…]

[…]

Sure, you could possibly take any player, play with them enough in prem situations and they MIGHT be able to start actually competing at that level properly after a few months/years.

I’d rather take a div 5 player who hasn’t played higher than that but looks like they have a lot of potential over a div 3 player who has been playing at that level for ages.

Buffalo Bill thinks I’m good though. He told me that once. Oh and I’m Top Div1 at Highlander, take that into account too.

Last edited by CUBE,

Coco

[d¿s]

Lol, just because the top tier of TF2 doesn’t have that many players at this moment that doesn’t mean the whole scene is going down. There are LOTS of div6-3 teams out there, so why would you think TF2 is dead? Imo it’s going to be one of the following scenarios:

1) Top teams actually start making new teams with ‘lower’ players like what’s kinda happening now (not just recycling the same players every single fking time) and the top tier of TF2 will increase.

2) The top teams (talking prem/d1) will start folding one by one because they can’t find enough opponents. New top teams will arise.

I don’t see the problem, just play, be nice to everyone who ‘is a shitter’ and try to help them instead of trashtalking them back to CSS.

Septique

Quoted from Coco

Lol, just because the top tier of TF2 doesn’t have that many players at this moment that doesn’t mean the whole scene is going down. There are LOTS of div6-3 teams out there, so why would you think TF2 is dead? Imo it’s going to be one of the following scenarios:

1) Top teams actually start making new teams with ‘lower’ players like what’s kinda happening now (not just recycling the same players every single fking time) and the top tier of TF2 will increase.

2) The top teams (talking prem/d1) will start folding one by one because they can’t find enough opponents. New top teams will arise.

I don’t see the problem, just play, be nice to everyone who ‘is a shitter’ and try to help them instead of trashtalking them back to CSS.

+1

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Coco

And in the end the skill level drops ;).

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 20 Next »