Created 20th January 2012 @ 13:26

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 20 Next »

longas

2 words, ELO HELL.

mock

OST

Quoted from Koeitje

[…]

And in the end the skill level drops ;).

How can the skill level drop? It’s not like prem teams have all the knowledge. Skill will come naturally when competing teams want to learn.

antyjc

2ne1

Quoted from ilike2spin

[…]

That confirms what snyyppis said, take a decent player and put them in prem and they could play prem after a short time. Take someone like jukebox, great dm and has improved loads since joining broder. Likewise with the examples you’ve given. I’m confident you could take any of the players in my team and put them in a prem team and they’d get up to speed quickly but it takes a lot longer when you’re all the same level.

Playing with better people makes you learn faster than playing with people of the same level.

I agree to some extent. To claim you could put any of your players in prem and they would be able to adjust and play prem sounds stupid. If everyone of your players is capable of playing prem why is your team only div2? Simply because none of them have had the chance to play any higher? People like flisko or jukeboxx do improve when in prem teams, but they are at the start, capable of playing at that level, neither juke or flisko were div2 standard and then given a chance, they were capable of playing at higher levels without the help of prem players.

Anyway yeah I think playing with better players is the best way to improve, which is why I want a lot more people invited into pickup2.

Alright cube, let’s do it up. I don’t know what class you play but i’m assuming you are talented enough to play all of them, so i’ll kick thy and you can demo.

Last edited by antyjc,

jackkai

8D

Quoted from WOODY[

no matter how many double mixes i top frag, everyone still thinks i’m bad =(

+1 =(

Last edited by jackkai,

jackkai

8D

:|

Last edited by jackkai,

Septique

Quoted from longas

2 words, ELO HELL.

get your head out of your ass

dauk

There are very few ways how to improve besides playing with your team. Getting into pug2 is a nightmare unless you’re a girl or friends with admins, and even if you get there like 1 game in 3 hours. I believe thats the main problem with skillevel, there are very few ways how to improve, and the improvement is very unrevarded compared to other games like sc2 where you have obvious divisions. In tf you just apply for any l ol div you want and you probablly will get into it.

Asskicker

GoT<3
HoT<3

We (GoT <3) have been playing here since what, Season 2? Yeah we lost and gained a few members but for a couple of seasons the core team has been the same.

Yet we are still in Div 5, we tried Div 4 last season but that didn't work out.
Now I'm sure Shabbaman will tell me that we need to train more often (5 times a week instead of 2-3) but I simply “can’t” do that. And if more training is just what is needed then I’m happy where I am right now.

TL;DR (really?) I've been playing this game competitively with the "same" team since Season 2 and we are still in Div5.

Last edited by Asskicker,

Ghostface

spire

Quoted from dauk

There are very few ways how to improve besides playing with your team. Getting into pug2 is a nightmare unless you’re a girl or friends with admins, and even if you get there like 1 game in 3 hours. I believe thats the main problem with skillevel, there are very few ways how to improve, and the improvement is very unrevarded compared to other games like sc2 where you have obvious divisions. In tf you just apply for any l ol div you want and you probablly will get into it.

Pu2 should be prem-div3.

Problem solved.

antyjc

2ne1

Quoted from Asskicker

We (GoT <3) have been playing here since what, Season 2? Yeah we lost and gained a few members but for a couple of seasons the core team has been the same.

Yet we are still in Div 5, we tried Div 4 last season but that didn't work out.
Now I'm sure Shabbaman will tell me that we need to train more often (5 times a week instead of 2-3) but I simply can't do that. And if more training is just what is needed then I’m happy where I am right now.

TL;DR (really?) I've been playing this game competitively with the "same" team since Season 2 and we are still in Div5.

THEN YOU ARE THE REASON TF2 IS DEAD. START GETTING GOOD AT THE GAME

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Main problem is that motherfuckers don’t realise what they doing wrong.

It’s got fuck all to do with aim or “ability”, it’s about attitude and not doing the same retarded shit time and time again and expecting different results.

I’d rather start a team with 5 total unknown than the sort of chip-on-their-shoulder fuckwits that populate Divisions 3 to 1.

Asskicker

GoT<3
HoT<3

Quoted from antyjc

[…]

THEN YOU ARE THE REASON TF2 IS DEAD. START GETTING GOOD AT THE GAME

lol, I wish :)

Nmx

ᴷᵈ

Shabba is the reason for everything that happend to tf2 ( in a bad way)

Waebi

‹Con›

Quoted from jonii

It amazes me how people can’t connect old diggy’s success to the fact they stayed stable for ages.

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

to not whine and bitch and fold when they lose but to keep going and work on WHY they’re losing and fix that.

that is pretty much the essence of it. I remember like (OMG i just realised that was really long ago) some seasons past, I got into a “new” team and the only reason we actually got to a point where we could perform at a ~top12 EU level (inb4 skill necromancy) was that we fucking PLAYED 2-4 PCWS 5-6 DAYS A WEEK and put some back into it, analysing and improving in every game. You cant expect to be prem in 2 seasons, jesus fuck. The thing teams need to realise is that they get nowhere with forming, playing, raging, folding and then doing the same over again. Success comes with experience, not with the rain.

Last edited by Waebi,

Asskicker

GoT<3
HoT<3

Quoted from Nmx

Shabba is the reason for everything that happend to tf2 ( in a bad way)

Yeah, blame that guy!

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 20 Next »