Forum

TF2 Is Dead?

Created 20th January 2012 @ 13:26

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 20 Next »

antyjc

2ne1

Hey, so as everyone knows, TF2 is dead.

Prem div has a grand total of 3 good teams, only two of which are lannable.
Now some people are saying how all the oldschoolers leaving TF2 is killing it.
Realistically though, TF2 is dead because most of you are shit at it. There is no one to replace good players, I mean literally no one. For example, it makes more sense to pick up Koeitje and Mineral to play in prem as soldiers (ROFL), than to try and find someone who is good at the game.

It is literally a waste for even low prem teams like mine for example, to play most div1 teams, same goes for actual prem teams to play teams like my team.

Now I know there are so many people out there with good enough aim to play in prem, at least there are with demo’s and soldiers, scouts I’m not so sure. So why are people still stuck around the lower divs despite having been around for ages?

Is it the lack of access to games and mixes with/against higher div players? For example access to pickup2?
I feel like if you are good enough at the game to play at a prem level you will get noticed, but I could be wrong.

Can anyone tell me what the problem is?

djc

d2f~

every single one of the people in low divs with that beastly prem-level aim comes equipped with a catastrophic self-ruinous div6 brain. that’s why nobody ever gets good at tf2.

Last edited by djc,

Daleth

ti.
[PG]

I was absolutely fucking shit before rej started inviting me to mix. Now I’m just fucking shit.

atomic-

Quoted from antyjc

Is it the lack of access to games and mixes with/against higher div players? For example access to pickup2?

Last edited by atomic-,

IPZIE

SUAVE

Quoted from Daleth

I was absolutely fucking shit before rej started inviting me to mix. Now I’m just fucking shit.

and banned :(

Taimou

its just no one will get on my level

and yes tf2 dead

Last edited by Taimou,

Dr Icecream

Quoted from antyjc

Hey, so as everyone knows, TF2 is dead.

Prem div has a grand total of 3 good teams, only two of which are lannable.
Now some people are saying how all the oldschoolers leaving TF2 is killing it.
Realistically though, TF2 is dead because most of you are shit at it. There is no one to replace good players, I mean literally no one. For example, it makes more sense to pick up Koeitje and Mineral to play in prem as soldiers (ROFL), than to try and find someone who is good at the game.

It is literally a waste for even low prem teams like mine for example, to play most div1 teams, same goes for actual prem teams to play teams like my team.

Now I know there are so many people out there with good enough aim to play in prem, at least there are with demo’s and soldiers, scouts I’m not so sure. So why are people still stuck around the lower divs despite having been around for ages?

I feel like if you are good enough at the game to play at a prem level you will get noticed, but I could be wrong.

Can anyone tell me what the problem is?

Rather than making a thread like this, you might want to brainstorm together with the people who do the 6v6 newbie mixes to do something similar for people who are in comp, but lack the necessary people to play with/ against higher div teams.

At least that contributes more to the “dying game” than starting a thread that could cause a potential shitstorm.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

From my expirience tf2 is a “new player” friendly game. The old school actual decent at tf2 teams are older players who’ve played comp games before, where as TF2 these days seems to be filled with people where TF2 is their first comp game they’ve played. Not to say that there are not some people who got to the top even though this is their first competive game, there is not many. But this lack of expirience seems to hinder a lot of players from becoming great. a.k.a Prem aim div6 brain players.

But Skill is all relative so it’ll even out if/when infused/epsilon fold, the best teams in prem will be the best teams in TF2 at that time anyway, i’m not sure if a year down the line there will be any way to gauge if they are better than TCM/Dignitas of old or not?

I play in the lower divs these days because i prefer playing for fun as opposed to winning leagues/lans and attaining the holy grail that is “Prem”. I would assume most people who’ve played TF2 lots and are still lower div are the same (Or actually are dribblers).

Tf2 as a whole seems to lack the competitivness that other games do, lans etc as well. However Tf2 is a small comp game with a large public fanbase it’ll always be this way.

Last edited by Tapley ❤,

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from antyjc

For example, it makes more sense to pick up Koeitje and Mineral to play in prem as soldiers (ROFL), than to try and find someone who is good at the game.

You break my heart :(.

But yeah, people lack experience/brains it seems. I go onto MGE servers and get stomped into the ground by any div4 soldier, but when you end up playing them in a pug or mix they bottom frag and bottom score like bosses and the mediocre aimers are the dominant players in those games.

Last edited by Koeitje,

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

I think it’s just a sign of the ages. The game gets older, super keen players with a lot of free time on their hands (probably ages 15-20) will rather pick a newer game to dedicate their time to instead of TF2. This skews the ratio between keen players and players that play this game for purely recreational reasons (no competitive spirit).

But before we jump to conclusions; IS there actually a problem? I think you shouldn’t underrate yourself as a prem team. As far as I know, the prems outside of the “Big 3” can still compete with them well, as from what I’m hearing about pcw results. Maybe you’re not consistenly competing at the same level yet, but what do you expect against those 3 teams that have been playing together for quite a long while now?

What is the problem then? I bet that your own team would easily beat “old” low prem teams like (for instance) CKRAS. I was browsing back to view Season 8 and 9 too, and it’s about the same there. The lower half of current prem can easily compete with what were then the lower halves of the prem division.

On the one hand we complain about a lack of fresh blood in the higher tiers of TF2. Now in S11 we see this finally happening, and somehow thát is suddenly the problem? I thought this was actually what we wanted?

And good players will get noticed, or take their own initiative and work their way up (look at qn.)

grimbar

The problem is that some tryhards still believe that this is a competitively viable FPS.

Play more quakeworld/promode

Aside from a lack of ways to play with Div1/prem and thus learning the “proper” way to play TF2, there’s the fact the vocal part of the top end players is pretty damn harsh on players who aren’t there yet. Whether you’ll actually be able to play there isn’t so much a matter of how good you are as it is who you know and how you’re known.

If you want more “true premier” quality players, do the work and help them get there instead of excluding them for not having played in the right div or saying they’re shit while doing nothing to help them.

eskimo_tim

s11 starting next week, how is it dead?

Origo

stop folding for nothing -> teams get better -> players get better -> problem solved

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Just make Anttttyy & Kaidus admins on pug2, the admins there aren’t simply active enough to invite new people in there.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 20 Next »