Forum

TF2 Is Dead?

Created 20th January 2012 @ 13:26

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 20 Next »

HYS

TLR

What is this fascination with TF2 is dead? Tell me a time it was alive. I’m sure we still have over 300 teams in this seasons ETF2L. I would describe that number as healthy. The community needs to develop a better attitude as a whole. I mean your post pretty much shows the ignorance and ego of many players in the higher divs. And the lack of aggressive responses to how ignorant your post is shows the lack of backbone people have. The community is far too cliquey and barriers to entry are high for a lot of players emerging into the higher divs.

In regards to soldier, I agree soldiers are scarce and probably because you do require a wider skill set. It has a much higher learning curve than the other classes.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

It’s basically frustration of only have ~3 other teams that are worth playing ;).

Jazz

ScS|
(Q)<

I must admit i don’t think that TF2 is dying with 42k playing atm its not dying nor dead. Like every game yes one day it will be replaced hopefully and die. But i think its more 6v6 tf2 is dying. There was a huge in flow of players when it went free to play in to the game and I feel that only a few have gone to competitive play because of the rules set and the map pools.

TF2 is styled more towards highlander as this is a better transition for pub players into competitive play as the weapons that are allowed allow people to actually have fun and transition from pubs into highlander much easier as well as there is sooo much more variety. The 9v9 scene is booming and is only going to grow, i was talking to an UGC admin and there is SOOOOO many more teams ready for EU UGC s6 compared to the s5 and yes advertising helped but also surely it shows growth for Highlander and the s1 etf2l HL season i think was very good and successful.

So basically what I’m saying is Tf2 isn’t dead but the 6v6 scene I feel will die out sooner than the 9v9 scene. Come back with this thread in a couple of years.

Value won’t pull the plug just yet.

Trath

Quoted from Koeitje

[…]

No shit he has the best dm. You must be Sherlock Holmes. Still, he hasn’t played in any good team (and still hasn’t LOLOLO, I thought I’d help you guys a bit).

haha I actually wouldn’t have thought of it.

Ghostface

spire

Soldier 2ez.

Just watch me go.

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from Ghostface

Soldier 2ez.

Just watch me go.

I’ll just get on top of this spire here.

Quoted from Jazz

I must admit i don’t think that TF2 is dying with … But i think its more 6v6 tf2 is dying.

I wonder what kind of tf2 we’re talking about on the forums for a 6v6 tf2 league.

+ HL IS SHIT HUEHEUHEUE

KrullkrigareN^

nandos

So basiclly, you’re saying that tf2 is dead because most of the community sucks at the game? Way to go to make it a more pleasant and friendly place for everyone :D

jonii

fm-eSportstf2

It’s not the players in itself, it’s the fact they change teams every other week, it’s fucking ridiculous.

It amazes me how people can’t connect old diggy’s success to the fact they stayed stable for ages.

antyjc

2ne1

Quoted from CUBE

[…]

This.

Being perceived as a good player in this community is more important than actually being a good player. People weigh their opinions too much on a players previous division, not enough people are willing to look at a players potential and intelligence. Take me for an example, I should really be prem but just haven’t been given the opportunity yet.

This really isn’t true though. At least not at a higher level imo, take Byte and TCM for example, me flisko and pena weren’t picked up because of our previous experience in div1 or prem, but because we were talented enough and got noticed. Same with larsa and relic, darn saw him on DM, he had good aim, so he gave him a chance. Same with my team, I noticed crouton on a double mix, and leojan from mge, not because they had previous experience.

grimbar

Make a proper promod, in cooperation with proven prem players (or old div1), stop bitchin’ about entry-barriers and enjoy.

Also the administration needs to stop listening to lower div players, the league should cater towards and be centered around the best of the best.

Consistent and static map-pool (5 is the ideal number), make it 5cp maps only. No unlocks allowed but the Kritzkrieg (if you have to), give it the customisation a real FPS desires (brightskins, fov, picmip, lower weapon raise and drop times, allow the medic to uber no matter which weapon is out in an instant)

etc. bla bla, could rant about how to properly improve the game for hours.

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Enjoy 2x pages long pile of rants from the top of which you can’t see anything else but rants.

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from grimbar

allow the medic to uber no matter which weapon is out in an instant)

Don’t really want to have a long winded debate here, but could you elaborate on why you think this is needed?

grimbar

Quoted from herpderp

[…]

Don’t really want to have a long winded debate here, but could you elaborate on why you think this is needed?

It’d allow the combat-inclined me to go deep without having to worry about some shitty weapon-switch time. The other games I play feature insta-switch and obviously my ulteriour motive is to make TF2 more like those games (which I consider to be superior in many aspects but the team aspect)

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from grimbar

The other games I play feature insta-switch and obviously my ulteriour motive is to make TF2 more like those games (which I consider to be superior in many aspects but the team aspect)

CPMA? :P

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 20 Next »