Forum

TF2 Is Dead?

Created 20th January 2012 @ 13:26

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 20 Next »

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

Aside from a lack of ways to play with Div1/prem and thus learning the “proper” way to play TF2, there’s the fact the vocal part of the top end players is pretty damn harsh on players who aren’t there yet. Whether you’ll actually be able to play there isn’t so much a matter of how good you are as it is who you know and how you’re known.

If you want more “true premier” quality players, do the work and help them get there instead of excluding them for not having played in the right div or saying they’re shit while doing nothing to help them.

Did they make you sad? :((

AnimaL

yes skeej, its a problem that there are not enough soldiers for the demand of higher divs… its like u have store full of customers who want milk, but you dont have enough quality suppliers

it certainly aint new problem, has been around for couple of seasons now, the great aimers usually dont seem to be able to combine their aim with dedication to understand teamplay and develop good gamesense

i do love when they do tho, looking at how broder doing allways blows my mind, maybe torden should give u tips on how to find proper soldiers :D

Taimou

soldiers and demo are fucking useless, just have good scouts and gg.

AnimaL

Quoted from Taimou

soldiers and demo are fucking useless, just have good scouts and gg.

makes sense why u play with koeitje :DD

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]makes sense why u play with koeitje :DD

Koeitje> i just sit around and soak 300 dmg so our scouts live longer
Taimou-> yes
Koeitje> the skill is being in the right place while soaking the damage

Derp

Jope-san

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

Aside from a lack of ways to play with Div1/prem and thus learning the “proper” way to play TF2, there’s the fact the vocal part of the top end players is pretty damn harsh on players who aren’t there yet. Whether you’ll actually be able to play there isn’t so much a matter of how good you are as it is who you know and how you’re known.

If you want more “true premier” quality players, do the work and help them get there instead of excluding them for not having played in the right div or saying they’re shit while doing nothing to help them.

100% agreed. There are few (which I’m not gonna mention but they play on prem+div1 and should be pretty obvious) who have basicly kicked newcomers out of the community. Because if you are not welcomed and are frowned upon and mocked, you don’t want to play. These people are one of the reason why TF2 competitive gaming is dying. Old teams quit but there ain’t new talents that can take their place because they wont be allowed to.
(I probably get flamed by certain people but whatever)

Snyyppis

RLM

The better people you play with, the better you get. A good div4 player integrated into a div1/2 team might struggle at first but I can guarantee that in a few weeks he’ll be playing close to their level.

The problem with this is that very few teams are willing to play handicapped for those weeks just to orientate that one player.

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

Addition:
I’m not saying this is the only reason. People not really putting any work in their team doesn’t help either. I got (and still get) a lot of shit for trying to play Div2 with Refuse and failed at it but at least I can say I tried and stuck with it despite losing. Loco starts rejects, takes a bunch of unknowns, loses and still keeps going. We need more people with that attitude, to not whine and bitch and fold when they lose but to keep going and work on WHY they’re losing and fix that.

Quoted from Koeitje

[…]

Did they make you sad? :((

Not at all, I just find it funny that people like you bitch about dropping standards without really doing anything to stop that. :]

Last edited by Buffalo Bill,

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Oh, PS. Tryharders is saving TF2 by recruiting div2 demo.

AnimaL

Quoted from Koeitje

dont fold

Setlet

If a good team (prem team) just recruits a player from, lets say div3, he will learn the tactics maybe in a month, like Larsa. That way you can get more prem players. Playing as a team starting from div6 and getting finally to prem one division at time is very hard and almost impossible.

I heard Loco’s team is doing this. (Recruiting upcoming talents, althou I’m not saying Loco is a prem player)

If an old prem player’s team fold, he can join a div3 team himself and teach them how to play. (like m0re and CKRAS) That’s another way to get more prem players (if CKRAS think themselves as prem players)

Last edited by Setlet,

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

What I was trying to say is that this whole “prem is shit”, “tf2 is dead” is all based on a gut feeling because we see so many new names (teams and players) in prem, something we all wanted apparently, but when it actually happens we get upset. We feel that the level of prem is lower because we see these names who have no “hero” status to them. If these teams will dedicate themselves to sticking together, we’ll get some new symbols of skill.

I have to agree though, good allround soldiers are the most valuable scarcity around at this moment. Probably part of the reason is that the soldier class inherently requires an allround set of skills, where aim just isn’t enough, and has to be supplemented with something we’d like to refer to as gamesense and teamplay, which can only really be developed by playing lots and lots, and playing vs good enemies of course.

Maybe that is the problem. Mabye too many teams in the middle divs currently are comprised of combinations of keen and less keen players, and as a result those teams and their players will be stuck around the level they play at. Once again I refer to a team like qn. who are keen from head to toe, and we see how easily they went up the divs.

Trath

Quoted from Koeitje

lol how the fuck can you call erectus a div 2 demo? he has the best dm and probably even brains in your team.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Trath

[…]

lol how the fuck can you call erectus a div 2 demo? he has the best dm and probably even brains in your team.

No shit he has the best dm. You must be Sherlock Holmes. Still, he hasn’t played in any good team (and still hasn’t LOLOLO, I thought I’d help you guys a bit).

Quoted from Snyyppis

The better people you play with, the better you get. A good div4 player integrated into a div1/2 team might struggle at first but I can guarantee that in a few weeks he’ll be playing close to their level.

The problem with this is that very few teams are willing to play handicapped for those weeks just to orientate that one player.

This.

Being perceived as a good player in this community is more important than actually being a good player. People weigh their opinions too much on a players previous division, not enough people are willing to look at a players potential and intelligence. Take me for an example, I should really be prem but just haven’t been given the opportunity yet.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 20 Next »