Forum

Short Circuit in Highlander Season 6

Created 24th December 2013 @ 11:18

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 6 Next »

Quoted from Popcorp

[…]

no it’s not, even without fast firing speed it’s still OP, with old Short circuit you had to count every shot and predict when Demo/Soldier going to shoot, even without Firing speed you can just press and hold M1, 5 metal is not that much

Lets hope they bring back old SC

So you just repeated what he said?

Popcorp

Quoted from nahka

[…]
So you just repeated what he said?

i don’t even know what im saying m8

MIGHTY BURGER ツ

After spending many TF2 hours over 2013 perfecting a playstyle that revolved around it, I must say I am pretty upset by this tweek.

Is it overpowered ? Yes, no doubt about it. But what really grinds my gears is how cheap it has become.
For example, the original Beggar’s Bazooka was somewhat overpowered, but only in the hands of a skilled Soldier who understood and had mastered those tricky overload chain-jumps as well as efficiently grouping its inaccurate rockets.

Conversely, the new Short Circuit barely requires any effort other than pointing it in the general direction of the incoming threat and keep your attack bind triggered. No more skill, no more merit.

You’re still Heavy fodder when equipping it though, meaning that if you don’t have uber and your pyro is down you’ll pretty much have to ditch enemy heavy ubers, or risk getting blown up or stabbed if you choose to tank.

quintosh

wL.

Quoted from MIGHTY BURGER ツ

Conversely, the new Short Circuit barely requires any effort other than pointing it in the general direction of the incoming threat and keep your attack bind triggered. No more skill, no more merit.

barely requires any effort?
most people think it completly kills the soldier and demo class but your ammo is still limited and you can’t run around sapping everything with it for no cost at all,
and you still have to actually hit your enemies , otherwise they will just kill you. especially pyros, heavies and scouts will always try to kill you if you go really aggressive and it’s pretty easy for them

it would actually be really good if people didn’t sit on the cart with the shortcircuit out andholding down mouse 1 :(

Last edited by quintosh,

Cuttlefish

6v6

Quoted from MIGHTY BURGER ツ

efficiently grouping its inaccurate rockets.

what

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from quintosh

[…]

barely requires any effort?
most people think it completly kills the soldier and demo class but your ammo is still limited and you can’t run around sapping everything with it for no cost at all,
and you still have to actually hit your enemies , otherwise they will just kill you. especially pyros, heavies and scouts will always try to kill you if you go really aggressive and it’s pretty easy for them

You are missing the point. It’s not OP because the engi can take on demos/sollys 1v1(even though that’s still fucking retarded), it’s OP because it’s damn near impossible to destroy a protected sentry even with an uber now, and he can completely ruin a kritz/any kind of demo push.

quintosh

wL.

Quoted from Scissors

[…]

You are missing the point. It’s not OP because the engi can take on demos/sollys 1v1(even though that’s still fucking retarded), it’s OP because it’s damn near impossible to destroy a protected sentry even with an uber now, and he can completely ruin a kritz/any kind of demo push.

im sure it’s as possible as with the wrangler, in fact i think with the wrangler it’s damn more near impossible

against short circuit:
-coordinate direct hit spam with spam from tunnel
-get a sap on the sentry before you push (then spam direct hit)
-pick engineer

against wrangler:
-pick engineer
-sap

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from quintosh

[…]

im sure it’s as possible as with the wrangler, in fact i think with the wrangler it’s damn more near impossible

against short circuit:
-coordinate direct hit spam with spam from tunnel
-get a sap on the sentry before you push (then spam direct hit)
-pick engineer

against wrangler:
-pick engineer
-sap

What about points where you don’t have a direct sightline towards the sentry?

We played a barnblitz scrim immediately after it got buffed, and neither team could push through second.

Popcorp

Quoted from Scissors

[…]

What about points where you don’t have a direct sightline towards the sentry?

We played a barnblitz scrim immediately after it got buffed, and neither team could push through second.

Because it’s like New weapon, New weapon = Requires some time to learn how it works like…just give SC a try, find counter-meta and that’s it.

P.S: Quintosh it’s zapping not sapping

Last edited by Popcorp,

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Popcorp

[…]

Because it’s like New weapon, New weapon = Requires some time to learn how it works like…just give SC a try, find counter-meta and that’s it.

P.S: Quintosh it’s zapping not sapping

Normally I am open to new stuff, but the SC is just retarded beyond reason, no way they are going to allow it anyways.

Switch

soL.
T⑨

Quoted from kaidus

ur dumb, sc is dumb

Get a load of this guy…

Jesse James

As a main Engineer, my opinion of this weapon is, unbalanced.

SC has high DPS, and can be considered as nerfed Flame Thrower as damage, like flame range and airblast function. Straight upgrade to Pistol, in almost every map

SC didn’t got a nonskill weapon, please stop talking shit without even trying the weapon. You actually have to aim projectiles to destroy it. They lowered the zapp radius to a point blank => only projectiles on your crosshair gets destroyed.

I can’t imagine an engineer destroying all stickes of a LM1+RM1 demoman in action.
I accept, that Soldiers got pissed about this, since they have to use shotgun to defend themselves and must give up mobility for that.

One last thing. something similar for Pyro as an april fools. Here you go :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfYKHyMvAIQ

Conclusion : The whole community finds such a thing as a joke…

Last edited by Jesse James,

kaptain

wG

Pretty sure you only have to keep your crosshair on the enemy to do damage, destroying projectiles still has a huge radius, no need to actually aim.

Also the video you linked isn’t something Valve added, but probably a server-sided mod used for april fools.
edit: nice edit

Last edited by kaptain,

Jesse James

Nope. Go on walkway and let demomans spam pipes and soldier spam stuff. You have to be pointing ON the projectile. Or at least near the projectile. It is not enough like prepatch that the projectile is somewhere on your screen :D

And yea that is what I said ^^ Read it again :)

kaptain

wG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOs7U64K8aU
?

Also yeah nice editing your post

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 6 Next »