Short Circuit in Highlander Season 6

Created 24th December 2013 @ 11:18

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6

Freakie

KOLAR
.awkward

The Pistol is amazing on koth.

Jesse James

#edit. Whatever. Reservoir gave me a good advice.

Last edited by Jesse James,

ondkaja

IKEA

oh wow drotalion is back

Quoted from Jesse James

Pros for the allowing Short Circuit :

+ Dps got nerfed hardly. DPS of SC is lower then DPS of Pistol.

so? pistols can’t destroy all projectiles within 3 meters with minial effort. also you could argue that SC has higher DPS since pistol has more spread and lower firing rate and actually requires skill to aim with.

+ SC is not a straight upgrade to Pistol anymore. Pistol has higher DPS and higer range.

the usefulness of having an indestructible sentry kinda heavily outweighs the usefulness of having DPS on range

+ In a 1v1 Fight against Soldier with 4 Rockets, Engineer will need 160-180 Metal to win against a Gunboats Soldier.

how is that an argument for unbanning the SC? the fact that you can 100% win a 1v1 against a high damage class with only a secondary weapon as long as you have the slightly good aim (or if there is an ammobox nearby in case you don’t) is an argument to have it banned.

+ Shotgun still does in close range more damage. Not a smart “primary weapon choice”

1v1ing a demo or soldier with a shotgun requires some aim and movement skills unlike the SC.

+ Metal management gets more important. One can’t spam minies and SC at the same time.

you can still do it if you pick upp ammo boxes or dead players weapons or if there is a dispenser/cart nearby. aka 90% of the times.

+ You can’t SC and stand on the cart anymore, since you use more metal then you get from the lvl 1 dispenser cart.

you dont actually need to hold down m1 for the SC to destroy projectiles, you could just spam m1 when projectiles are nearby.

+ Cow mangler has the same explosion radius, same damage, same reload time like the Rocket Launcher and he doesn’t give a single fuck about Short Circuit. (Please correct me if I am wrong here, those were my own tests. Wiki page says something different though, but there is a big chance it is outdated … )

haha build a mini sentry then. the soldier is equally fucked.

Carlos Kaiser

On offense it is OP, yes, but if the SC was allowed i would still use the wrangler above it on defense. Wrangled sentries survive a lot of uber pushes, while SC sentries easily die to uber pushes with hitscan/flame classes, a single ubered heavy is more than enough to take out an unwrangled sentry on most maps, the best thing engi can do is to whack/bolt his sentry, which is simply not enough if he doesn’t have the wrangler.
The only reason a team would run SC in defense is having a safety card in case the offensive team wants to run kritz, which makes the enemy team to think about the kritz as a less viable choice, since their kritz choice is only limited to the heavy.
“Just saying that the wrangler was even more ridiculous all this time.”

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6