Pander

Quoted from Popcorp

– Updated the Short Circuit
– Damage lowered
– Consumes 15 metal per projectile destroyed
– Can no longer fire underwater
– Fixed a bug with orphaned particles

UnBan now?

15 ammo and it still completely wrecks projectiles and makes Demoman and Soldier totally useless if the Engineer standing next to people? Not enough, needs to be like 25 ammo minmum.

unu

Why the fuck would they not nerf the fireing speed? That’s the biggest concern with this weapon.

Also this is a buff, not a nerf. You have to hit a projectile to drain the metal. Meaning you can hold down m1 without a worry in the world of running out of metal unless someone spams projectiles towards you.

Fucking valve…

Last edited by unu,

Quoted from unu

Why the fuck would they not nerf the fireing speed? That’s the biggest concern with this weapon.

Also this is a buff, not a nerf. You have to hit a projectile to drain the metal. Meaning you can hold down m1 without a worry in the world of running out of metal unless someone spams projectiles towards you.

Fucking valve…

Wait what? It has unlimited ammo unless it hits something?

Popcorp

So basically, it’s like 10% nerfed, you can still spam SC and it takes 5 ammo, but takes 15 ammo on Projectile destruction

Quoted from unu

Fucking valve…

Nope, it drains 5 metal when you just hold M1, 15 metal on projectile destruction
Also does 10 damage per zap, but takes 50 metal per 100 damage, also does damage a little bit slower

Last edited by Popcorp,

unu

Quoted from Popcorp

Nope, it drains 5 metal when you just hold M1, 15 metal on projectile destruction
Also does 10 damage per zap, but takes 50 metal per 100 damage, also does damage a little bit slower

I see, I guess that’s why the SPUF thread got removed

In short:

Barely changed anything, still the most infuriating thing in the game but you can actually pull out your melee and not die now.

ondkaja

IKEA

still overpowered

kzr_

gR.

Quoted from Hildreth

[…]

15 ammo and it still completely wrecks projectiles and makes Demoman and Soldier totally useless if the Engineer standing next to people? Not enough, needs to be like 25 ammo minmum.

before valve broke the thing it depleted 16 ammo from projectile depletion. the firering spped is the problem, it needs to have a mechanic similar to airblast or a melee swing

Last edited by kzr_,

Jesse James

Pros for the allowing Short Circuit :

+ Dps got nerfed hardly. DPS of SC is lower then DPS of Pistol.
+ SC is not a straight upgrade to Pistol anymore. Pistol has higher DPS and higer range.
+ In a 1v1 Fight against Soldier with 4 Rockets, Engineer will need 160-180 Metal to win against a Gunboats Soldier.
+ Shotgun still does in close range more damage. Not a smart “primary weapon choice”
+ Metal management gets more important. One can’t spam minies and SC at the same time.
+ You can’t SC and stand on the cart anymore, since you use more metal then you get from the lvl 1 dispenser cart.
+ Cow mangler has the same explosion radius, same damage, same reload time like the Rocket Launcher and he doesn’t give a single fuck about Short Circuit. (Please correct me if I am wrong here, those were my own tests. Wiki page says something different though, but there is a big chance it is outdated … )

Cons against allowing Short Circuit :

– Gives Engineer still the ability to kill a gunboats soldier with projectile rockets or demoman in 1v1 situation.
– Even you can’t spam when you have cart duty, you can make small pauses when everything is calm again and spam when shits on fire yo !
– Still no skill required to be good at Short Circuit. Not like Airblasting or old Short Circuit…

My opinion : keep it banned

I hope I brought you to think about it though… (lol I laughed, you suckers will not even read the first sentence fully. Many fucktards just see the word “pro” and will rage here to keep SC banned. But this is how it works. If people don’t have anything smart to say, they start to be laud.

I would keep it banned on Koth and 5cp for sure, since it denies kritz in all ways.I would still love to see a one night cup on pl & A/D to see, if that really effects the gameplay that much.

Last edited by Jesse James,

Gubbins

BEER

ITT: A bunch of engie mains tell us how engineer was originally made as a 1v1 class that was always meant to beat a soldier or demo without fail

T0m

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Gubbins

ITT: A bunch of engie mains tell us how engineer was originally made as a 1v1 class that was always meant to beat a soldier or demo without fail

Falcon0408

Quoted from Jesse James

+ In a 1v1 Fight against Soldier with 4 Rockets, Engineer will need 160-180 Metal to win against a Gunboats Soldier.

??????
the fact that you can 1v1 a solly at all is enough reason to ban it

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Jesse James

Pros for the allowing Short Circuit :

+ Dps got nerfed hardly. DPS of SC is lower then DPS of Pistol.
+ SC is not a straight upgrade to Pistol anymore. Pistol has higher DPS and higer range.
+ Shotgun still does in close range more damage. Not a smart “primary weapon choice”
+ Metal management gets more important. One can’t spam minies and SC at the same time.
+ You can’t SC and stand on the cart anymore, since you use more metal then you get from the lvl 1 dispenser cart.
+ Cow mangler has the same explosion radius, same damage, same reload time like the Rocket Launcher and he doesn’t give a single fuck about Short Circuit. (Please correct me if I am wrong here, those were my own tests. Wiki page says something different though, but there is a big chance it is outdated … )

“Dps got nerfed hardly. DPS of SC is lower then DPS of Pistol.”

Are you implying the pistol is useful in any situation now? Because it’s not and your argument is invalid because the pistol was never viable since the wrangler was introduced.

“SC is not a straight upgrade to Pistol anymore. Pistol has higher DPS and higer range.”

That’s the same as saying that the axtinguisher is not a straight upgrade to the fire axe because it does more damage to nonburning enemies.

“In a 1v1 Fight against Soldier with 4 Rockets, Engineer will need 160-180 Metal to win against a Gunboats Soldier.”

The fact that you can even win the fight already makes the weapon retarded in the first place.

“Shotgun still does in close range more damage. Not a smart “primary weapon choice”

Another bad argument. The short circuit was never intended to be your primary weapon of choice. And it sure as hell should not be.

“Metal management gets more important. One can’t spam minies and SC at the same time.”

Only barely.

“You can’t SC and stand on the cart anymore, since you use more metal then you get from the lvl 1 dispenser cart.”

Yes you can, you just don’t need to hold your mouse down constantly like a retard, you literally just need to hold it down whenever you see a projectile.

“Cow mangler has the same explosion radius, same damage, same reload time like the Rocket Launcher and he doesn’t give a single fuck about Short Circuit.”

Good luck getting rid of the mini sentries with a cowmangler.

Quoted from Jesse James

My opinion : keep it unbanned

I hope I brought you to think about it though… (lol I laughed, you suckers will not even read the first sentence fully. Many fucktards just see the word “pro” and will rage here to keep SC banned. But this is how it works. If people don’t have anything smart to say, they start to be laud.

The thread is STUFFED with arguments for why the SC should be banned. How about you read it yourself because you come with stupid accusations?

Candle

Why is there.. a discussion about this? The short circuit is ridiculous still. The speed & range of the thing are the issue, and they haven’t been fixed at all, the ammo consumption nerf barely touches the thing. Just.. stop.

unu

Quoted from Scissors

[…]

“Dps got nerfed hardly. DPS of SC is lower then DPS of Pistol.”

Are you implying the pistol is useful in any situation now? Because it’s not and your argument is invalid because the pistol was never viable since the wrangler was introduced.

Actually the pistol is useful on some koth and 5cp maps for additional fire power.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 Next »