Forum

Short Circuit in Highlander Season 6

Created 24th December 2013 @ 11:18

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 Next »

Freakie

KOLAR
.awkward

Quoted from Jesse James

As a main Engineer, my opinion of this weapon is, unbalanced.

It is nothing but overpowered.

Quoted from Jesse James

SC has high DPS, and can be considered as nerfed Flame Thrower as damage, like flame range and airblast function.

SC didn’t got a nonskill weapon, please stop talking shit without even trying the weapon. You actually have to aim projectiles to destroy it. They lowered the zapp radius to a point blank => only projectiles on your crosshair gets destroyed.

The radius is larger than your immediate crosshair. It’s been reduced, but it’s still pretty high for something of its firerate. You can look at the general direction of a projectile and still destroy it

Quoted from Jesse James

I can’t imagine an engineer destroying all stickes of a LM1+RM1 demoman in action.
I accept, that Soldiers got pissed about this, since they have to use shotgun to defend themselves and must give up mobility for that.

Except that’s exactly what the weapon does. Even at a distance the range is far enough to shut down pretty much all stickies more effectively than a Pyro.

Quoted from Jesse James

One last thing. something similar for Pyro as an april fools. Here you go :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfYKHyMvAIQ

Conclusion : The whole community finds such a thing as a joke…

That’s just a modded weapon; it’s in no way official. The video even links the GameBanana skins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_pTnrap_mQ 2:50

If you don’t find the weapon overpowered, then perhaps you just haven’t used it properly.

Last edited by Freakie,

Jesse James

Quoted from kaptain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOs7U64K8aU
?

Also yeah nice editing your post

wtflol :O Must try again. I had many problems at barnblitz

Jesse James

What do you understand under unbalanced ? Did you drank too much yesterday and killed your brain Freakie ?

Or are you bored and want to start an internet discussion ? I suggest masturbation. But if you insist to start an internet fight, here we go :

learn to read.

I hate it when people don’t even read and write something as contrary argument. Sorry

Last edited by Jesse James,

Freakie

KOLAR
.awkward

Unbalanced is putting it extremely lightly. I’m emphasizing how wrong you are in defending this broken weapon by only calling it unbalanced when it’s blatantly overpowered. Stop resorting to person insults and condescending comments when you’re clearly in the wrong and, quite frankly, not very bright.

Jesse James

I am not even defending the weapon :D I say it is unbalanced. You probably want to hear : OMG 2 STRONK BAN SC AND BAN WARAANGLER AS WELL.

WTF dude :D go take a nap please. You look like you are tired and grumpy (more then usual :P )

Jesse James

I also say, it is too strong. Just in other words. Read my other posts in this topic. I am still against the SC until it gets a nerf.

But nope. I will not use your words ;-)

Freakie

KOLAR
.awkward

Sounds very much like you’re defending it (to at least some extent). For reference, the Darwin’s Danger Shield could be called unbalanced. It makes counter-sniping much, much harder for a very small drawback. A weapon like the Short Circuit, which is now out-of-this-world, broken to all hell and generally retardedly strong isn’t deserving of something as lightly as “unbalanced”.

Jesse James

I opened a ticket as suggestion for renerf of SC… With the links of this topic and ugc topic about SC. Hoping the best. It was a really balanced weapon prenerf. I loved to use it in Barnblitz and lakeside. It was situational nice, like an unlock should be.

And now… it is a straight upgrade to pistol.

I would be one of the first guys who would bitch around if etf2l would allow SC freakie ^^

Last edited by Jesse James,

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

This weapon is a joke and will definitely not be allowed in Season 6 unless nerfed.

Popcorp

ok ok, SC is banned, can we end already? we don’t need to discuss how OP this weapon is if everyone knows why already…

I just need 1 explanation, why Crit a Cola is not Banned? i mean come on, That weapon got buffed like 2 times…From mini crits to 25% to 10% damage taken…i don’t see ETF2L’s logic, Ban Diamondback (which gives 1 crit) and Allow Crit a Cola (which gives mini crits + speed for like 8 seconds, 10% damage taken is almost nothing)…

Allow pocket pistol then

SabaSaba

[hePPa]

Diamondback is banned it was changed during the highlander season. It could be allowed next season.

Last edited by SabaSaba,

Popcorp

Quoted from SabaSaba

Diamondback is banned it was changed during the highlander season. It could be allowed next season.

Soda popper, Baby face Blaster and Crit a cola were changed too mid season, and only Diamondback gets banned, #Logic?

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Popcorp

[…]

Soda popper, Baby face Blaster and Crit a cola were changed too mid season, and only Diamondback gets banned, #Logic?

Good point, but I still understand their decision, I just can’t quite put my finger on it.

The soda-popper was basically just nerfed to infinity, no point in banning that. The crit-a-cola was buffed slightly, and the even though the baby-face blaster got buffed a lot, I still don’t think it’s too good.

I think they banned the diamondback in the shadow of the short circuit.

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from Popcorp

[…]

Buffs and nerfs to a weapon are completely different to a rework.

Popcorp

– Updated the Short Circuit
– Damage lowered
– Consumes 15 metal per projectile destroyed
– Can no longer fire underwater
– Fixed a bug with orphaned particles

UnBan now?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 Next »