Forum

Short Circuit in Highlander Season 6

Created 24th December 2013 @ 11:18

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 6 Next »

SgtGala-vine

WUHOTF

Now while i agree and understand that you had to ban it from season 5 near the end due to the changes Valve made to it, is there going to be an experimental (HL) cup that tests weather or not it is unbalanced in competetive play.

I’ve heard many people crying/complaining about it but yet no ones acctually offerd any EVIDENCE that it is overpowerd or causes stalemates or even slows down the game especially in comepetetive play, public play does not count due to the fact anything could be OP in a 33 slot server.

Please refrain from flaming and abuse if you’re going to reply to this.

Thank you

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Played a scrim immediately after it got released.

We could not even touch the sentry with any stickies, and the heavy just got pushed away if we ubered him near.

On offense, he was just sitting on the cart, saping all projetiles away, with infinite ammo. Absolutely op, no way around it.

I imagine it would slow down the game a lot on koth and 5cp aswell.

Unless it get’s nerfed again, I really don’t hope they allow it. Such an aids weapon to play against

SgtGala-vine

WUHOTF

Quoted from Scissors

Played a scrim immediately after it got released.

We could not even touch the sentry with any stickies, and the heavy just got pushed away if we ubered him near.

On offense, he was just sitting on the cart, saping all projetiles away, with infinite ammo. Absolutely op, no way around it.

I imagine it would slow down the game a lot on koth and 5cp aswell.

Unless it get’s nerfed again, I really don’t hope they allow it. Such an aids weapon to play against

I can understand the fustration in PL maps for sure.
no one tried to shoot/snipe the engy while he sat nice and open on the cart then? :P
as for pushing heavies away its a shame pyro’s don’t do that more against demos as the engineer can’t counter that with his wrangler.

anyone can sit on the cart and get heal/ammo from the cart though. not sure how that makes the sc overpowerd

As for slowing the game down that is kinda the engineers job (if not trying to speed it up with his teles again).

I am exspecting it be to banned to be honest, i am also exspecting valve to nerf it.

Last edited by SgtGala-vine,

unu

It’s gonna get nerfed shortly after New Year I can tell you that. There’s no way valve can be so blind to all the hatred this unlock got after the update that they just leave it.

Carlos Kaiser

Is this a troll thread?
Short Circuit in its current form is the most aids weapon in the game, the most debated ones that were banned (Darwins and Pomson) aren’t even close, it’s a thing that doesn’t require playtesting.
Diamondback on the other hand could be allowed in the next season in it’s current form, even if it’s not a fun weapon to play against, it isn’t as OP as most people see it, especially in highlander play.

jx53

Some guy was spamming it on payload on pubs. I tried to shoot him from behind with rockets and they all disappeared. it’s basically a 360degree forcefield

Last edited by jx53,

Menty

SVIFT
Nein

Quoted from Carlos Kaiser

Diamondback on the other hand could be allowed in the next season in it’s current form, even if it’s not a fun weapon to play against, it isn’t as OP as most people see it, especially in highlander play.

True because usually the spy gets destroyed after his first backstab.

Back on topic, Engies can literally destroy classes that were made to neutralize the Engy.
What’s the point of allowing a weapon that makes you able to walk into demomen and soldiers without getting damage and killing them in the process?

SgtGala-vine

WUHOTF

Quoted from Carlos Kaiser

Is this a troll thread?
Short Circuit in its current form is the most aids weapon in the game, the most debated ones that were banned (Darwins and Pomson) aren’t even close, it’s a thing that doesn’t require playtesting.

In your opinion it is OP yes.

Why does’nt it require playtesting?.. because everyone dislikes it?

SgtGala-vine

WUHOTF

Quoted from Menty

[…]

True because usually the spy gets destroyed after his first backstab.

Back on topic, Engies can literally destroy classes that were made to neutralize the Engy.
What’s the point of allowing a weapon that makes you able to walk into demomen and soldiers without getting damage and killing them in the process?

I forgot that engineers in league play would just run at soldiers and demomen in matches if they had the sc, :P , what a useless tactic! its unlikely that would happen in a match without being killed by somone else first when they should be concentrating on their buildings or objectives.

Popcorp

I think that Valve doesn’t want to make new weapons so they just buff current ones, SC is currently can be considered as an Offensive weapon instead of Support, Soda popper became more of a Defensive weapon (5 jumps to avoid rockets) than Offensive (Mini-Crits) and Crit-a-Cola can now replace Pistol because More speed, more damage, +10% damage taken is nothing

Well they listened to us when they Nerfed Crossbow and then Reverted Crossbow damage, so i think they gonna listen to us once again

SgtGala-vine

WUHOTF

Quoted from Popcorp

I think that Valve doesn’t want to make new weapons so they just buff current ones, SC is currently can be considered as an Offensive weapon instead of Support, Soda popper became more of a Defensive weapon (5 jumps to avoid rockets) than Offensive (Mini-Crits) and Crit-a-Cola can now replace Pistol because More speed, more damage, +10% damage taken is nothing

Well they listened to us when they Nerfed Crossbow and then Reverted Crossbow damage, so i think they gonna listen to us once again

Oh i have no doubt they’ll probably nerf the SC, i agree with you there but Valve know the balance of their classes and their game better than anyone else, to nerf something of the engineers would only mean to buff something else.

and when that happends it’ll probably be banned from competetive play from some leagues as well.

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from SgtGala-vine

[…]

Valve know the balance of their classes and their game better than anyone else, to nerf something of the engineers would only mean to buff something else.

Flawless logic.

And as far as I know, we are the ones spending thousands of hours on the game, not the devs, and when they make a decision like this, it only shows how out of touch with the reality of the game they are

Fuxx

REMOVE

Speaking from a Demoman’s perspective, there is literally nothing more frustrating than the short circuit. It was already annoying pre-buff, but I tolerated it because I recognized it as a viable tactic. Post-buff however, it has become a tool of the devil. In a twist of sick irony, using this one little unlock completely turns the countered one into the counter.

Being a combo class, the Demoman is immediately one of the most important classes in the match and to just turn him into the most useless piece of shit ever overnight is ridiculous and not acceptable, especially when the responsible one is the class he’s meant to easily counter.

Unlocks should only be permitted if they have legitimate uses for them that can be applied in competitive and I can tell you that the short circuit as it is right now simply does not fit that category.

If it ends up getting rebalanced then I wouldn’t mind at all if the admins consider to unban it. Until then though, please no.

Quoted from Scissors

[…]

Flawless logic.

And as far as I know, we are the ones spending thousands of hours on the game, not the devs, and when they make a decision like this, it only shows how out of touch with the reality of the game they are

Scissors stop being so based.

SgtGala-vine

WUHOTF

Quoted from Scissors

[…]

Flawless logic.

I’d sure be interested to hear a response from valve on this question :P

Well we know robin walker has only 200+ hours on TF2 thats true.
can’t really say for the rest of the TF2 team.
does robin even work on the dev side anymore?

Popcorp

Quoted from SgtGala-vine

[…]

I’d sure be interested to hear a response from valve on this question :P

Well we know robin walker has only 200+ hours on TF2 thats true.
can’t really say for the rest of the TF2 team.
does robin even work on the dev side anymore?

No, he quit Tf2 team like 2 or 3 years ago to develop Dota 2

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 6 Next »