Forum

Cheating, unsportsmanlike or just damn fine thinking?

Created 20th November 2009 @ 23:39

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 Next »

Sketch

MM

TOO MANY RULES. LESS RULES PLZ. MYE HED HURTS

Maybe this is the solution for mixes where no one wants to go medic. :)

cheee

fa»
[SpA]

It kinda half breaks the idea of the class limit. When a class dies, a respawn time is supposed to happen.

Just my opinion

right, if there would be tf_tournament_classlimit_medic 1
then this would simply be not possible till the normal medic is back
so it should be rulebreaking

Last edited by cheee,

BERSERKER

broder
PRO

It kinda half breaks the idea of the class limit. When a class dies, a respawn time is supposed to happen.

Just my opinion

This.

It should be taken into consideration by admins who easily can moderate this by adding class limit cvars in the etf2l cfg, as they prevent these kinds of switches. Then you can debate whether it adds to the game and experience or if you should use Valve’s interpretation of class limits.

Skyride

DUCS

Just my opinion

What happens when your medic times out and you need someone to change to it, but the other team won’t kick them? :)

cheee

fa»
[SpA]

Thats why every League or pickup uses the limit 2 :)
and therefore we dont need to introduce the classlimits via cvar
but this limit was set because of the timing out
if you would use it because of your medics death it’s rulebreaking

Last edited by cheee,

Morty

RG

No, that rule fucks up when your medic times out and you gotta sub him quickly with some other member going medic. ;)

Memento Mori

A huge part of the game involves the respawn system and death, especially when combined with the medics uber etc. I think this should be disallowed mainly because it bypasses the class limits in a way. It’s just a bit shady.

To all those talking about “versatility” “depth” and “tactics”, I don’t really consider this to be anything that requires any of those skills. It’s a bit like the FAN; tolerable to an extent, but still lame as hell. Kodyl.

Last edited by Memento Mori,

Waebi

‹Con›

Thats why every League or pickup uses the limit 2 :)
and therefore we dont need to introduce the classlimits via cvar
but this limit was set because of the timing out
if you would use it because of your medics death it’s rulebreaking

^ i thought it had been discussed once before :X

Last edited by Waebi,

dauk

This medic situation may ruin gravel pit a lot , for ex , reds done suicide uber on enemy to make them uber , then when medic dies some1 picks it and charges fast critz and whipes enemy with about 80 uebr or something.

Randdalf

(0v0)

That’s saying you should ban ubering because you might kill the other team. There’s nothing wrong with it, and it’s not as if anyone is going to do it very often anyway.

Ijantis

That’s saying you should ban ubering because you might kill the other team. There’s nothing wrong with it, and it’s not as if anyone is going to do it very often anyway.

You really don’t get the point do you?

The reason people dont like this is because it takes away a huge dynamic from the game in respect to all the classes.

i.e you kill a demo and you dont need to check for sticky traps.

But with this new ‘tactic’ this isn’t applicable anymore and it turns into more of a who has the most multiclassers kind of game. This doesn’t really apply for 5cp maps so much but for A/B and ctf it does.

JimmyBreeze

k^m

This medic situation may ruin gravel pit a lot , for ex , reds done suicide uber on enemy to make them uber , then when medic dies some1 picks it and charges fast critz and whipes enemy with about 80 uebr or something.

If this ever happens to you, please send me the demo of it so I can congratulate the other team on playing so smart.

Last edited by JimmyBreeze,

skinnie

TCM

If this ever happens to you, please send me the demo of it so I can congratulate the other team on playing so smart.

jimmy is the man

I agree. If they manage to pull that off, that is sick and they deserve it.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 Next »