Forum

Cheating, unsportsmanlike or just damn fine thinking?

Created 20th November 2009 @ 23:39

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 7 Next »

rtan

-9w-

I thought about this a week ago, I think it should be banned. Not fair when you’ve done the hard work of taking out their medic or demo and a team just swaps em.

longas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yOcXRrhrAQ

that’s fine thinking too :D

sMisk

:id:

it shouldn’t be allowed it’s stupied.

Getting your uber 10-15 seconds earlier than would have been possible without this cheeky tweeky, is certainly not stupid. Surviving an uber push because of it is not stupid. It is not stupid!

Played against a clan how did like this one time. Wasn’t very rewarding to kill the medic i tell you but ofc it was effektiv. I didn’t mean it was stupied to do it but it just doesn’t feel right. Ofc it would reward clans who got alot of multiclassers wich might be good idk. My opinion is that i don’t like it but it’s not my decision to make.

Note! this post has been edited alot :)

Last edited by sMisk,

Wiiking

I’ve played a game vs. hboda some time ago on freight. they were using it. Even if our sniper managed to kill their medic (hs/fullcharge whatever) on the last point, the time we regroup and push (~5 sec) they have already switched, then got medic + hw + sentry on last etc and be able to defend… that’s how the round ended by stalemate… twice

Cheating : obvisouly no
unsportsmanlike or fine thinking : probably a mix of both…

freight… with the respawn time going like 29 seconds its just dumb to not change medic if there is time for it :P :(

Last edited by Wiiking,

ilike2spin

RLM

I considered switching another class to demo if you’re defending last and your demo goes down.

You’d be able to put a sticky trap up and the other team might be a little less careless because they think the demo is down.

Seems like a solid idea if you can pull it off imo.

I think it’s quite clever and I like how it rewards class interchangeability; it’s almost directly analogous to the Total Football the Dutch played back in the 70s :>

Sekhel

I think it’s awesome and I applaud any team that has the smarts/versatility to actually do it and do it well.

What’s unsportsmanlike about it?

I’d call it innovative and daring way before I called it unsportsmanlike.

All said.

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Ok, in conclusion it’s not against any rules but some people find it……distateful. ‘Nuff said. Thanks everyone.

ouch

I think it’s quite clever and I like how it rewards class interchangeability; it’s almost directly analogous to the Total Football the Dutch played back in the 70s :>

before they started to play Total Spitage in the 90s :)

torden

broder
syster

Just add this to the list of things that should be voted for, next to the question of fan ban.

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

Tbh the fan is cheating, unsportsmanlike and it isn’t damn fine thinking. Especially not on valves part.

fJack

k^m

Just add this to the list of things that should be voted for, next to the question of fan ban.

so it can be ignored again? k

jason

PHX

If there are going to be votes for anything can you make it so that it is the team captains that actually have actually played in comps/leagues are the ones that are allowed to vote.

I don’t want to see the mass creation of accounts to manipulate the voting.

Also, I’m not sure I like the idea of class switching when players go down, yes it is clever and if pulled off correctly would work to a teams advantage. But I can imagine using your demo to suicide into the opposition at game start leaving a player in spawn. Either the demo pwns or dies, if he dies spare player changes class and jumps to mid as usual. No loss of sticky traps. The demo going down breaks a lot of stalemate games.

I feel that the elimination of an opposition player should be rewarded and the loss of a player punished. Just as most clans play just now.

Randdalf

(0v0)

You gain a medic 10-20 seconds earlier, you lose somebody who is more profficient at their class than the medic is. I see no problem really.

Last edited by Randdalf,

skinnie

TCM

Also, I’m not sure I like the idea of class switching when players go down, yes it is clever and if pulled off correctly would work to a teams advantage. But I can imagine using your demo to suicide into the opposition at game start leaving a player in spawn. Either the demo pwns or dies, if he dies spare player changes class and jumps to mid as usual. No loss of sticky traps. The demo going down breaks a lot of stalemate games.

I feel that the elimination of an opposition player should be rewarded and the loss of a player punished. Just as most clans play just now.

that doesn’t make sense at all ?! do u actually think pushing with 5 to mid and have your demo going kamikaze while having some guy waiting to spawn as demo is going to help u win ?

there’s always a trade-off when u switch classes, it’s a risk

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 7 Next »