Forum

Cheating, unsportsmanlike or just damn fine thinking?

Created 20th November 2009 @ 23:39

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 7 Next »

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

I was watching a PCW earlier and noticed one team who, on losing their medic, had a just about to spawn teamate, go medic, and the dead medic go a.n. other class, so neatly sidestepping medic respawn time.

Is this allowed or is it considered cheating or is it just a bit naughty?

kolox

obs.

iirc, it’s legal, but not really worth it that much if you need to be swapping all your classes about :/

compton

cvx|

Cheating? No.
Unsportsmanlike? Yes.
Damn fine thinking? Yes.

In conclusion: fix the rules.

Last edited by compton,

dougiie

CotC

Cheating? No.
Unsportsmanlike? Yes.
Damn fine thinking? Yes.

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

Cheating? No.
Unsportsmanlike? Yes.
Damn fine thinking? Yes.

You really think so? If a team are confident swapping classes then they should go for it. It isn’t a cheap tactic or bug abuse, if a teams players can play to the same level with players mixing classes why not?

Last edited by klu,

JimmyBreeze

k^m

I think it’s awesome and I applaud any team that has the smarts/versatility to actually do it and do it well.

What’s unsportsmanlike about it?

I’d call it innovative and daring way before I called it unsportsmanlike.

Last edited by JimmyBreeze,

iQue

keso

It’s illegal in wireplay, dunno about esl.

I think it’s a bit unsportsmanlike, but not game breaking.

GangsterAlgot

I think it’s awesome and I applaud any team that has the smarts/versatility to actually do it and do it well.

compton

cvx|

It kinda half breaks the idea of the class limit. When a class dies, a respawn time is supposed to happen.

Just my opinion

This, though I find it a bit iffy. I feel if they can pull it off consistently without a hitch, they deserve some respect for it even though I could easily see why someone would call it unsportsmanlike.

Gobby

It kinda half breaks the idea of the class limit. When a class dies, a respawn time is supposed to happen.

Just my opinion

1+

GangsterAlgot

Yeah I understand why it could be missunderstood as unsportsmanlike but, seriously, if a team has players that consistently can play every class on the same level, they deserve to take advantage of it.

Last edited by GangsterAlgot,

JimmyBreeze

k^m

The class limit is still in force (there’s no more than, for example, 1 medic in the field of play)

The respawn still happens (the player still has to wait until the next respawn wave)

Wiiking

CODCRILLE GO SOLLY ILL TAKE MEDIC!

edit: on a more serious note, we do that in hb0da when defending last or something and we really need the %. I think its fine and rly, why the heck not?

Last edited by Wiiking,

GangsterAlgot

Edit. Wooo… Maybe I’m drunk that was stupid. But still. This should be ok because it is a skill to be able to play all the classes at the same level.

Last edited by GangsterAlgot,

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 7 Next »