Forum

Cheating, unsportsmanlike or just damn fine thinking?

Created 20th November 2009 @ 23:39

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 7 Next »

compton

cvx|

The class limit is still in force (there’s no more than, for example, 1 medic in the field of play)

The respawn still happens (the player still has to wait until the next respawn wave)

If it wouldn’t go by the rules I wouldn’t have said that it isn’t cheating. Do you think I’m stupid? This is purely a matter of opinion.

And to repeat myself I was talking about classes dying, not players. If a medic dies, another one shouldn’t spawn immidiately, because I still consider the dead player a dead medic. You may not agree, but you can’t argue about it.

Last edited by compton,

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

I quite often see people switch to demo on gpit c defence when the enemy are capping it, assuming your main demo is dead and you respawn earlier. I personally do it too, when possible. I find that kind of stuff pretty cool tbh, as it adds more depth in the game.

And yes, everyone knows your stupid compton :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Last edited by Rake,

JimmyBreeze

k^m

If it wouldn’t go by the rules I wouldn’t have said that it isn’t cheating. Do you think I’m stupid? This is purely a matter of opinion.

I didn’t think you were stupid, no, but after trying to process the syntax of these three sentences, yes, I think you may be.

edit: I love you anyway :)

Last edited by JimmyBreeze,

Tikcus

unsportsman like +1

Scouts going sniper/spy/engy fair enough

but if a medic or demo dies, no one else in the team should be able to go medic or demo, till that player (who died) respawns and changes class, as the medic or demo is limited to 1 for a good reason.

e.g.
defending last on badlands, demo down push call is made, you push and die to stickie spam, because 1 of the scouts went into spawn and changed to demo

tbh imo, that is unsportsman like

JimmyBreeze

k^m

as the medic or demo is limited to 1 for a good reason

they’re limited to 1 so you can’t play 2 at once

changing class while your medic or demo dies still means that 2 can’t play at once

WildEast

.:EnG!:.
<3

as long as medic class limit is 1 its okai i guess

EDIT: also its a downside for the team.. i mean not all can play medic like the main and so does go for the medic.. its a choose A instead of B and both equal.. so its not advantage

Last edited by WildEast,

Tikcus

changing class while your medic or demo dies still means that 2 can’t play at once

good to know, pleased we have 4 players who can play medic, and 2 that can play demo, guess we’ll defend last a little different now :)

edit

The point some are missing, is if a team has two players who can play demo or two players that can play medic to the same or similar standard, they can use this to avoid the 15 seconds respawn time when defending, possible gaining uber advantage, or a nice unexpected stickie trap etc

Last edited by Tikcus,

JimmyBreeze

k^m

send me the demos mate when you do it i’d love to see it!

Cycles

lolwow

We rotate demoman on gravelpit C when it gets really tight.

Tikcus

send me the demos mate when you do it i’d love to see it!

will do, working on suicide runs for the demoman now

Last edited by Tikcus,

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

good to know, pleased we have 4 players who can play medic, and 2 that can play demo, guess we’ll defend last a little different now :)

edit

The point some are missing, is if a team has two players who can play demo or two players that can play medic to the same or similar standard, they can use this to avoid the 15 seconds respawn time when defending, possible gaining uber advantage, or a nice unexpected stickie trap etc

well then the team deserves to defend, if they have players that can play more than their main class well, fair play to them.

Skyride

DUCS

The only people who will see a problem with this are the types who are of the opinion that playing medic simply involves standing around and clicking on people…

…Those are also the types of people who don’t think theres any point in a 2 demo limit.

If you have people who can multi-class that well and pull it off then nice work. ;)

compton

cvx|

I love you anyway :)

aww<3<3you2

Last edited by compton,

NeoN

boys

I support JimmyBreeze. It’s not kinda bug-using or cheating.
Untill valve will make classlimit for dead players too, it might be used as high-end tactics.

Extremer

I think there was a vote about this some time ago.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 7 Next »