Forum

Breaking Bad - Greatest TV Drama of all time?

Created 17th September 2013 @ 14:37

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 8 Next »

irfx

EPA

Quoted from Leif

I’m not a fan of TV series but Breaking Bad is just amazing. It kept getting better every season and there are so many things and different aspects in there that are worth watching.

Same. Never enjoyed any TV series as much, BB was a pleasant surprise for me.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

What about Deadwood (COCKSUCKAH!!!), Luther, Firefly and Boardwalk Empire?

Clark

SDCK!

Quoted from Koeitje

What about Deadwood (COCKSUCKAH!!!), Luther, Firefly and Boardwalk Empire?

Firefly is probably the most overrated sci-fi drama. It is good, no doubt, but not as good enough as Star Trek or Battlestar Galactica. Just too much hype over it.

P.S. I really enjoyed the Serenity movie nevertheless.

Last edited by Clark,

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Clark

[…]
Firefly is probably the most overrated sci-fi drama. It is good, no doubt, but not as good enough as Star Trek or Battlestar Galactica. Just too much hype over it.

P.S. I really enjoyed the Serenity movie nevertheless.

Only TNG is better.

Dazrovia

Ozymandias might be the best episode of the season only because the entire episode was amazing and not just only the last 4 minutes like the other episodes of this second part of the season ^^

Oz and The Wire still my favorite show forever tho, even if Oz last season was complete bullshit

Leif

Quoted from Dazrovia

Ozymandias might be the best episode of the season only because the entire episode was amazing and not just only the last 4 minutes like the other episodes of this second part of the season ^^

Have we been watching the same show?

FEELS TIME http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH9jBYiYkxg#t=41

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

I met a traveller from an antique land
Who said: Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them and the heart that fed:
And on the pedestal these words appear:
“My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!”
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Good show but the drama is often forced and contrived, and characters and their decisions are not consistent and are subservient to the plot. Less so than other TV dramas though!

The format of serialized television will never make for excellent (in the literal sense of the word) drama, because of the dissonance between form and function.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from skeej

Good show but the drama is often forced and contrived, and characters and their decisions are not consistent and are subservient to the plot. Less so than other TV dramas though!

The format of serialized television will never make for excellent (in the literal sense of the word) drama, because of the dissonance between form and function.

http://tweakers.net/ext/f/rceYGHPeNuxWr7pzGbRnt8Gb/full.gif

sheepy dog's hand

(Cutest boy in TF2)
F!
Pander

Quoted from skeej

wat

Trane

It’s just skeej. He’s probably high.

Comedian

I need a monday night support group to deal with the feeling of infinite sadness and complete lack of happyness after watching breaking bad

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from Koeitje

[…]

http://tweakers.net/ext/f/rceYGHPeNuxWr7pzGbRnt8Gb/full.gif

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/383/623/233.jpg

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

The first half of season 5 (last year) and parts of the previous episode (Huell giving it up so easily) seemed to force plot over character, but for me they’ve bought enough good will to sometimes do that, and it only sets up the next character bit, like Walt’s phonecall. Cracking stuff.

Clark

SDCK!

Quoted from fraac

The first half of season 5 (last year) and parts of the previous episode (Huell giving it up so easily) seemed to force plot over character, but for me they’ve bought enough good will to sometimes do that, and it only sets up the next character bit, like Walt’s phonecall. Cracking stuff.

I don’t think a warning that he might get killed, especially when the ones warning him have proof (even if it’s a fake one), can be called “forcing plot over character”.
If you watched the previous episodes carefully you could notice that Huell had absolutely no idea what Walter was capable of and what to expect from him.
I think even Saul would have bought Hank’s story.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 8 Next »