Forum

Breaking Bad - Greatest TV Drama of all time?

Created 17th September 2013 @ 14:37

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 8 Next »

Clark

SDCK!

I watched Lost, The Sopranos, The Wire, Six Feet Under, The Shield, 24… but this show, and particularly the very last episode was just a mind-blower neither of those ones above ever were.

Discuss.

Monkeh

.:ne:.

I’ve preferred Game Of Thrones myself, but I’m nowhere near finishing BReaking BAd yet. It is super good, I agree it beats more or less everything else.

Mad Men
Game Of Thrones
Boardwalk Empire

Just about the only ones that compare I reckon. (Still not seen The Wire…yeah, yeah, I know, season 1 is sitting on my shelf as we speak)

Spike Himself

TC

also Fringe

Monkeh

Btw, who else sits there naming the elements in the names on the credit reel?

Clark

SDCK!

Quoted from Monkeh

Mad Men
Game Of Thrones
Boardwalk Empire

Haven’t watched Mad Men, but season 1 is lying somewhere on my computer waiting for me to start.
Game of Thrones is incredibly good, but it still has a long way before being mentioned as “one of the greatest”. I’d say – two more seasons.
Boardwalk Empire – season 2 finale was what made me watch season 3 really, but I gave up on it mid-way because I couldn’t take away the feeling that I’ve already watched all that somewhere before.

Clark

SDCK!

Quoted from Spike Himself

also Fringe

Couldn’t sit through the first 4 episodes, felt a bit boring. But is it really as good as Lost in season 2-5, as everyone tells me?

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Clark

[…]
Couldn’t sit through the first 4 episodes, felt a bit boring. But is it really as good as Lost in season 2-5, as everyone tells me?

Never seen Lost. Fringe does have a bit of a slow start but the storyline is pretty damn awesome once you get into it.

Trane

Fringe? Doesn’t come close. My top 3, in order would be as follows:

1) The Wire
2) The Sopranos
3) Breaking Bad

Breaking Bad might change position upon completion, remains to be seen.

Greatest Miniseries, or just plain greatest TV thing ever is still Band of Brothers.

I’m also a big fan of Justified, The Shield, Mad Men, Treme, Deadwood, Generation Kill, Twin Peaks and BSG. Didn’t like Lost. Game of Thrones is good but not as great as everyone makes out, just enjoyable, the Red Wedding episode did elevate it considerably, though.

Last edited by Trane,

Clark

SDCK!

Quoted from Trane

Didn’t like Lost.

Explain yourself.

P.S. I’m big fan of Lost and I will argue with you till the very end, so you better decide now if you’re willing to answer my post :D

Trane

Quoted from Clark

[…]
Explain yourself.

P.S. I’m big fan of Lost and I will argue with you till the very end, so you better decide now if you’re willing to answer my post :D

I thought the casting, acting, and writing was all a bit below par to be truthful. (Certainly not as good as the other shows I mentioned). I gave up halfway through the second series because I just didn’t care enough. I like the premise, but I just didn’t buy into it enough for whatever reason.

Arguing about this would be moot, because it’s wholly subjective. I can tell you why I didn’t like it and you’d be welcome to disagree, but we’re not going to get anywhere from doing so.

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

the Lost finale was awful

zen1th

PRXSM
LEGO

Quoted from Trane

1) The Wire

Oh yes

marez

vc
9 ☆

I like historical dramas as The Borgias, Rome, Spartacus and Game of Thrones. As for The Wire I am just about to watch last episode of 2nd season, and I gotta say that when you get into watching the season as the plot goes on, you just cant stop for a long period of time. I watched 1st season in about 4 days and when I started watching Season 2, the first episode just seemed way too different than the 1st season, so I couldnt even finish watching it. But then after a week or so I started to watch it again and I am in it.
All of these favourite dramas I really liked, but cant really choose which one to prefer the most. Maybe I will watch The Sopranos after finishing watching The Wire.

Clark

SDCK!

Quoted from Trane

[…]

I thought the casting, acting, and writing was all a bit below par to be truthful. (Certainly not as good as the other shows I mentioned). I gave up halfway through the second series because I just didn’t care enough. I like the premise, but I just didn’t buy into it enough for whatever reason.

Arguing about this would be moot, because it’s wholly subjective. I can tell you why I didn’t like it and you’d be welcome to disagree, but we’re not going to get anywhere from doing so.

What about the universe it’s been all created in? The world where supernatural exists and everyone is a part of a big scheme. And what about all those arcs the writers came up with and then connected them in the most beautiful and creative ways possible? A world where every character’s action was somehow other’s character’s reason for other action or its consequence?
I’m not even going to mention the music and acting by Michael Emerson and many others.

Falcon0408

So much American in this thread. Luther or Sherlock pls. Short and sweet, none of this 10 seasons each with 25 episodes crap, gets stale fast.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 8 Next »