Forum

Hey guys, can you please stop folding?

Created 2nd May 2011 @ 14:26

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 18 Next »

Cooler

4Queens

Quoted from Ghostface

Same way prem teams ask for vanilla, other teams ask for cinnamon. Cinnamon adds new posibilities people are too lazy to explore. Staying medlocks forever is narrowminded. Im surprised you even agreed on medlocks.

And yes pissing on the med adds new tactics.

Excuse me, who else than you is asking for pissshit?
imo become at least div1, then talk about new possibilities(but 1. i dont think your gonna become div1, 2. no1 will listen to you like nowadays)
kkthxbb

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Quoted from irfx

d2m for the admin!

PROBLEM SOLVED

badmin 2.0

Waebi

‹Con›

Quoted from d2m

[…]

badmin 2.0

more like badmin 3.0, 2.0 is already covered by Spike.

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Quoted from Waebi

[…]
more like badmin 3.0, 2.0 is already covered by Spike.

He hasn’t caused nearly enough good drama yet. When he looses the training wheels, he can be honoured with a number!

SoniX

TEZC
TEZC

Ok so heres pretty much the main problem I have with a non-vanilla ruleset. Under vanilla rules you can make a decision when you know a few basic things:

1) Uber percentages
2) Who do your team have alive, where are they positioned and when will the others spawn
3) Who do their team have alive, where are they positioned and when will the others spawn.

If you know these things and your not completely retarded 99.9% of the time you can make an educated decision on what to do.

You can’t do this when using a shit ton of unlocks, you don’t know if the solly has his +4 str + 4 stam leather belt of imma rocket jump 3 times and have 240hp, or his eleven stick of how the fuck did we get backcapped. Now you have do start _GUESSING_ what unlocks the other team has, as a lot of the time there’s no way to tell.

Randomness has no place in comp play.

NOTE: This may make no sense whatsoever as I’m currently raging my tits off at a 700 pound phone bill

xzr

Quoted from SoniX

Ok so heres pretty much the main problem I have with a non-vanilla ruleset. Under vanilla rules you can make a decision when you know a few basic things:

1) Uber percentages
2) Who do your team have alive, where are they positioned and when will the others spawn
3) Who do their team have alive, where are they positioned and when will the others spawn.

If you know these things and your not completely retarded 99.9% of the time you can make an educated decision on what to do.

You can’t do this when using a shit ton of unlocks, you don’t know if the solly has his +4 str + 4 stam leather belt of imma rocket jump 3 times and have 240hp, or his eleven stick of how the fuck did we get backcapped. Now you have do start _GUESSING_ what unlocks the other team has, as a lot of the time there’s no way to tell.

NOTE: This may make no sense whatsoever as I’m currently raging my tits off at a 700 pound phone bill

You summed it up really well there..

Also might want to cut down on the titty lines

SnowiE

-9w-
-9m-

Quoted from skinnie

shitmaps/shitunlocks/nazi-admins taking unjustified default wins etc.. and people act surprised teams drop?!

Right, let’s nip this one in the bud shall we? Reasons given to admins for dropping teams were as follows –

1. half of the team stops TF2 and we can’t get enough players

2. so after we failed rebuilding up [clanname], im again looking for a team as demo

3. 22:00:07 [Player not found]: wasn’t working / 22:00:15 [Player not found]: no on listened, no one comm’ed etc etc

4. we made decisions and lost couple players

5. okay great, cba to deal with the shitmaps and unlocks

6. player issues due to real life problems and no time to train on new maps :(

7. need some time to recruit medic and soldier

8. our demo has had a personal tragedy in his life recently

9. 2 members rage-quited the team :)

10. Everyone left ;_ ;

11. after alot of fun in ETF2L we cant manage to practice and there for i dont se any idea to play

12. Just spent 4 weeks getting a stable lineup, then [Player not found] rq’s

13. Regrettably, I’m putting my team into hibernation. I’ve had a huge run of bad luck with players and lack the energy to continue

14. not enough member and no time for training cos of summer

15. yep we drop this season because of the availability of our members / but our team don’t fold, it’s just because we have so much match delay / and to many member in vacation

So out of the 15 reasons I can most quickly get my hands on, only one had anything to do with unlocks / maps. That team has also folded in ESL, so I guess there was more to it than that.

As for complaining about the admins, you’re on incredibly thin ground on that front after your behaviour in the game against Blame that created a situation of them against the admin team, resulting in them dropping. Might I suggest that you go the full distance when being fair to your opponents before you start accusing admins of going for easy default wins.

There’s a greater problem here with teams folding that goes beyond all this petty talk. It’s about how to create a proper team that sticks together through the problems that will occur in a regular season. I expect we’ll have higher than the usual 20% drops this season, obviously some divisions are affected more than others. It’s a shame, but maybe people can start offering some advice instead of talking bullshit about unlocks and petty inter-clan arguments that no one gives a fuck about.

FIR

SnG

edit: nvm
sonix is definitely right.

the whole point of my post was nothing to do with unlocks argument, it’s about the attitude towards it. and if people cba to read past the first few lines based on a mere example, then I dont need to explain myself twice, since I will not impose my view on anyone.

Last edited by FIR,

SnowiE

-9w-
-9m-

Quoted from SoniX

1) Uber percentages

Quoted from xzr

[…]

You summed it up really well there..

Also might want to cut down on the titty lines

And yet you said this when talking about players swapping classes –

Quoted from xzr

[…]

It’s a valid tactic, I’d prefer the tactical diversity it brings over shitlocks any day.

Tell me, how can a team tell what classes their opponent has up and what uber percentage they’re at when a team is swapping classes whenever their medic/demo/other dies?

ashkan

Quoted from Retsh0ck

I hope etf2l learns that being stubborn won’t help nothing

Medlocks will make ETF2L a good league to play in and will make it the best like it was before, it’s a real shame people are just being stubborn about “not giving prem what they want cause they’re all snobs” and then moan about prem players.
It just won’t go :/
I hope some admin sees this and do something with it ( not just my post )..

In what way have ETF2L admins been stubborn? Listening more to prem than the rest of the league? Banning more and more weapons? Removing maps after announcements, due to complaints? It’s easy to claim that stubbornness is the reason for admins not fully complying with your wishes, but your claim simply doesn’t have any basis.

Do you seriously think that they like spending hundreds of hours examining unlocks and maps, organizing cups for maps, trying everything out themselves, discussing them in private and in public, basically fighting with community members and being harassed about it daily? All of this because a head admin is too stubborn to say “let’s ban everything and only play 4 maps”? That would make their lives so much easier, so incredibly much. It would become even easier when the competitive scene dies due to being completely disconnected from the public community. It’s not like the new admins have any obligation towards the old admins, who barely play TF2 anymore. Their pride doesn’t carry over.

An admin’s job is to make decisions with everything taken into consideration. 99 % of people don’t even have the endurance to read the thousands of debate posts written by the community, and spend hundreds of hours just discussing it all. 99 % of people don’t do this, including me. You can’t just play vanilla+med on a high level and think you have a better understanding than these admins (some of whom even play higher than you), especially when you’re biased.

Do you know what the greatest complaint about the competitive community is, in the public community? So many unlocks being banned and the support classes not being viable/used. Do you think that competitive TF2 can afford being even further alienated from the public scene, and decrease the influx of players, just because a few high-level teams can’t stand playing a handful of Cinnamon matches/year (when they can’t reach a gentleman’s agreement)? Do you realize how ridiculous that is? Especially considering that the seemingly superior American scene doesn’t have any problems with it?

I’m not saying that more unlocks should be allowed, but for Christ’s sake, try to understand why admins can’t just take the easy way out and ban everything, create splits between divisions or remove half the maps and never introduce any new ones.

Maybe we just need to stop being so incredibly up-tight about all this, stop over-analyzing unlocks and applying our personal, flawed, inconsistent philosophies to them, and learn from the Americans.

AnimaL

Quoted from ashkan

In what way have ETF2L admins been stubborn? Listening more to prem than the rest of the league? Banning more and more weapons?

:D n1

anyway, when admins pull their heads out of their arse, they might see that everyone is leaving not bcs of problems within, but bcs there is lack of competition… pleanty of prem teams in esl, no problems with quality matches there.. why is that?

Last edited by AnimaL,

SnowiE

-9w-
-9m-

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]:D n1

anyway, when admins pull their heads out of their arse, they might see that everyone is leaving not bcs of problems within, but bcs there is lack of competition… pleanty of prem teams in esl, no problems with quality matches there.. why is that?

Yes obviously teams are dropping from divisions 2-6 because there isn’t the competition that they would have against the premiership teams in ESL. Remarkably intelligent insight there Animal. Care to list me the teams that have dropped from ETF2L season 9 and haven’t dropped from ESL? You know, just in case you actually have a point.

AnimaL

pls make more mid teams play in prem mate

xzr

Quoted from SnowiE

[…]

[…]

And yet you said this when talking about players swapping classes –

[…]

Tell me, how can a team tell what classes their opponent has up and what uber percentage they’re at when a team is swapping classes whenever their medic/demo/other dies?

It’s not that viable to swap classes in high level of play. But at times you can expect a smart opponent to switch a scout or sol into a demo if the demo just went down (While on defence)

It’s pretty much the same as switching a scout for a sniper. You might get caught with your pants down but if you can look at the situation from the opposing team’s side, you can anticipate what you are facing.

This has nothing to do with unlocks.

xzr

The fact you’d actually have to ask me about it just proves the etf2l admin team’s competency yet again.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 18 Next »