Created 6th December 2010 @ 19:39

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 8 Next »

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from Sketch

[…]

is a girl

Don’t discriminate girls can wank too, Poops mum is living proof, she has a clitorus the size of a swollen thumb. She’ll thud herself till the cows come home. (Litterally)

Sketch

MM

Quoted from Tapley ❤

[…]

Don’t discriminate girls can wank too, Poops mum is living proof, she has a clitorus the size of a swollen thumb. She’ll thud herself till the cows come home. (Litterally)

i edited my post accordingly when i thought of poops mum as well :D

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Difference between spending most of your free time gaming and spending ALL your time gaming and not going to College/School, not sleeping/eating properly and staying up days at a time.

That defines an addict for me.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Hildreth

Difference between spending most of your free time gaming and spending ALL your time gaming and not going to College/School, not sleeping/eating properly and staying up days at a time.

That defines an addict for me.

So what you’re saying is that if you focus on one thing only, and leave other things behind for it, it’s an addiction?

Sounds reasonable.

Food for thought; someone that goes to college to learn, comes home to continue learning, and can’t sleep at night because of the need to learn more, is addicted to learning, because they could be gaming instead, but aren’t. Hm?

Which one of the two is the addiction again?

(I had a point when I started writing this.. Not sure where it went..)

Quoted from Spike Himself

HI IM SPIKE AND IM A SPASTIC1!!1@1

Last edited by Spike Himself,

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Definitions of addiction on the Web:

•being abnormally tolerant to and dependent on something that is psychologically or physically habit-forming (especially alcohol or narcotic drugs)
•an abnormally strong craving
•(Roman law) a formal award by a magistrate of a thing or person to another person (as the award of a debtor to his creditor); a surrender to a master; “under Roman law addiction was the justification for slavery”
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

•The meaning of the word addiction in the English lexicon varies according to context. A positive addiction is a beneficial habit–where the benefits outweigh the costs. …
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Addiction

So yeah, ofc you can be addicted to studying…wether that’s a good thing or not depends entirely on your perspective.

All things taken to excess are bad imo, a little of what you fancy does you good however.

Last edited by Monkeh,

seraph

rEJ

Methinks the ladies doth protest too much…

(also some of you sure are fucking stupid)

Last edited by seraph,

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Monkeh

…wether that’s a good thing or not depends entirely on your perspective

Yeah, I think that’s what I tried to get across. I’ll just blame the language barrier and all is well again.

ilike2spin

RLM

Someone in my lecture genuinely told me they saw me on TV. I don’t know whether to be ashamed.

Smofo

Im THAT good!

Quoted from Ramown

That kid who doesn’t blink is a fucking beast

I have that too most of the times when playing a 1v1 in Quake and rarely too in TF2 when it’s really tense.

hänsen

Team Popo!

If you can understand german to a certain level and wanna watch shallow pro gaming (pro in the term of “pro” and “con”) entertainment which was broadcasted by a big german channel watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_CHRucv20U

anyway… tf2 is not addictive enuf… needs more hats+unlock weapons+leveling+creeps+raids

Last edited by hänsen,

Mark

Phase

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/12/06/editorial-panorama-addicted-to-games/ Sums things up.

caned

MEAT
LEGO

I’m gonna make the big moneys off creating my own gaming rehab, with advertising propaganda aimed towards concerned parents.

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from hänsen

If you can understand german to a certain level and wanna watch shallow pro gaming (pro in the term of “pro” and “con”) entertainment which was broadcasted by a big german channel watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_CHRucv20U

anyway… tf2 is not addictive enuf… needs more hats+unlock weapons+leveling+creeps+raids

I like this angle, my german is all rightish but not sufficient for this sadly. I got the gist of it though. Seems like a much more intresting thing to research than yet another study about why gaming is addictive/makes you violent. Probably alot harder to raise intrest in research like that though.

Quoted from caned

I’m gonna make the big moneys off creating my own gaming rehab, with advertising propaganda aimed towards concerned parents.

http://www.smithandjones.nl/en/home.html

Smith and Jones offers a full range of treatment programs that have been designed specifically for different types of people with different types of problems. The only thing that all of these people have in common is that they are coping with an addiction and are using drugs, alcohol, food or video games in an unhealthy way.

Somebody beat you to it. They were in the news here last year I think. I thought it was quite hilarious, again in that news show the focus was entirely on WoW players (the first 3 people treated for gaming addicition in that clinic were WoW players). It’s like pointing to Doom as a cause for the Columbine High School Massacre.

Last edited by herpderp,

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from caned

Already exists.
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=rehabilitation+center+for+video+game+addicts

infussle

its good to see the people at i40 were just as fucking stupid and ignorant about the topic as the mothers who suffer from the stupidity condition.

Last edited by infussle,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 8 Next »