Forum

the Well #5

Created 29th November 2010 @ 16:05

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 8 Next »

Waebi

‹Con›

Quoted from Martn

We (as in I and my team) are going to take part in de ESH Roccat cup tommorow.
We are a div6 team and most of the other teams dar div4 and up.
Any advice in having a good night although there is a huge difference in skill?

do not try to talk about problems that arise mid-game, rather think of it as a “learning experience” and talk about if afterwards, if you want to. If you disregard this advice, then chances are good you’ll start raging at each other and forget how to play.

Last edited by Waebi,

flushy

P.O.P

1. do you find it easier calling as soldier because you are in a position to enforce the call quicker than you otherwise would as medic in certain situations, especially pushes.

2. is there anything medics should be aiming to comm inparticular, apart from positioning and timing of pushes

3. what do you think is a more technically demanding class to play: soldier or medic

4. is there anything about the penis you don’t know

5. tell us an interesting penis fact!!

ps. ive retired ))))) but <3333

Martn

Quoted from DeNeusbeer

[…]
Mute your teammates.

Ill try this one =D

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from torden

[…]

Sometime after Valve makes a demo system that’s close to user friendly. In other words, “valve time”.

Is this because you’re annoyed with how the whole demo recording/playback thing works, or is it because you have old demos that the current version of tf2 can’t play? In case of the latter, add me on steam and I’ll help you out :)

Also thanks for the answers!

Mark

Phase

Just how good is Viaduct?

torden

broder
syster

Quoted from flushy

1. do you find it easier calling as soldier because you are in a position to enforce the call quicker than you otherwise would as medic in certain situations, especially pushes.

2. is there anything medics should be aiming to comm inparticular, apart from positioning and timing of pushes

3. what do you think is a more technically demanding class to play: soldier or medic

4. is there anything about the penis you don’t know

5. tell us an interesting penis fact!!

ps. ive retired ))))) but <3333

1. I find it more difficult to call, maybe it’s because I’m less experienced or maybe it’s because I focus so hard on aiming. But, I think the value of calling as soldier is bigger. You see more of the enemies than the medic, and you can lead by example instead of standing behind and “pushing people about”.

2. Calling if they’re running off to heal other people. When fighting, you are focusing your attention at the enemies, making it difficult to tell if the medic left of not.

Calling uber% against the other team at random intervals

Calling death, time to spawn, and spawned.

Sometimes, calling which people/classes are getting heal priority can be a bonus. Scouts tend to be too impatient to get the heals they should be getting.

3. Soldier requires most of your arm and muscles. Medic requires more awareness and reaction time.

If you look at the numbers, there really aren’t many great medics out there. And in my opinion, every single top medic (including me) still have some weaknesses to iron out. This to me, is a testament to how difficult it really is to play the class to its full potential. I also notice how after 2-3 games, I’m absolutely exhausted.

4. I don’t know if there is anything I don’t know

5. As far as I know, the strongest muscle in the human body isn’t the jaw or the tongue – It’s actually the penis. It might not move that much, but in fact the muscle is tiny and can lift 4-800 times its own weight. Now that’s just magic.

torden

broder
syster

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

Is this because you’re annoyed with how the whole demo recording/playback thing works, or is it because you have old demos that the current version of tf2 can’t play? In case of the latter, add me on steam and I’ll help you out :)

Also thanks for the answers!

Its because of the cumbersome recording, controls and playback.

Scrubbing back isn’t possible, POV demoes record movements are jittery (especially in slow motion), smoothing is very limited and takes forever to set up, depth of field is highly limited, motion blur requires A LOT of time and disk space, stv demoes barely give any camera control, there are no animation possibilities. The list of important and missing features is long.

mvp.

marco
¤_¤

1. how did the idea of founding vanillatf2 come up?

2. are you happy with the project, and how it evolved?

3. whos going to win ETF2L and EMS?

torden

broder
syster

Quoted from Mark

Just how good is Viaduct?

The KOTH maps offer a similar excitement to that of Gravel Pit, but allows for a more dynamic game that’s not decided until the very end. Failed attacks, backstabbs and lost ubers make less impact as you always have the chance to build another attack. To me, it makes the game more entertaining, less waiting for something random to happen and overall more fair in terms of “the best team” winning.

The map isn’t perfect and I agree that snipers can change the game a lot, but they do that on Gravel Pit too. Difference is, the snipers are arguably less protected and sentries aren’t as viable.

torden

broder
syster

Need to play my games now. Will bb for your questions after that, mvp.

Mark

Phase

So basically Viaduct = best map in the game.

helberg

Danmark
DANMARK

Quoted from Mark

So basically Viaduct = best map in the game.

qft

Ritalin

[d¿s]

As medic, where do you go to not die when rolling out to Granary mid?

Scatterbrain

SpA|com

Quoted from torden

Calling uber% against the other team at random intervals

speaking of this – how do you (roughly, i assume) figure out/keep track of what percentage uber the enemy medic is at at any given moment?

on any given middle fight, what factors dictate your positioning the most? is it what sort of rollout your team is doing, what sort of calls they give about the enemy (scout gone valley, solly jumping in aggressive, etc) or is it anything else?

edit: so yeah what the guy above asked D:

Last edited by Scatterbrain,

Skyride

DUCS

As such a well known and loved character online, is there any reason you haven’t had any real LAN ventures outside of the scandi countries?

Also do you plan to go to i42/43?

Last edited by Skyride,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 8 Next »