Forum

the Well #5

Created 29th November 2010 @ 16:05

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 8 Next »

torden

broder
syster

I got a few requests to talk about myself all day. Great. Here’s my shit for the medic (guessing people aren’t that interested to hear from a fresh soldier):

M1 = Shoot
M2 = Jump (Since the days I was starting to rocket jump)
M3 = Melee (mousewheel button)
MWup = Syringe gun
MWdown = Medigun
M4 = release uber (thumb button)

p = Suicide (kill in console)
i = netgraph1
j = taunt
g = random voice command
f = random voice command
e = random voice command
The rest is default.

Mouse: ~5,5cm pr 360. In wotr I played with 0.5 – 1cm, which I reckon is better than my current – but would be to high of a leap from to my 15-35cm soldier sense.

————————————————————————————————–

cfg: M0re’s medium, capped at 120fps
hud: revanxp
crosshair: 7 (probs medium size)
modelFov: 75, no viewmodels for syringe (important).
Autoheal: ON
Auto-low-hp-sounds: OFF
hitsound: OFF (If I didn’t call, I might have tried having this + above ON)

That’s about all (ir)relevant information I can think of.

Last edited by torden,

zeizZ

Steev

First question: why did you switch over to Soldier?
Second question: how many wells do you think there are going to be?

Daleth

ti.
[PG]

What precautions do you take when a Spy has been called?

If the enemy team pops uber, it better to hold on to an uber for as long as possible or uber straight away so the enemy team don’t have an uber advantage after they fade?

Last edited by Daleth,

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Can you suggest some good music for a frag movie? Because I’m making one and I don’t like all this dubstep shit.

In what aspect do you think playing medic has helped you as a soldier?

torden

broder
syster

Quoted from zeizZ

First question: why did you switch over to Soldier?
Second question: how many wells do you think there are going to be?

1: Variation. At some point, playing the same class on the same maps over and over again gets boring. Medic is also a special class, as you’re fully dependent on other people to make the first move carry out the tactics.

There’s a very rare breed of people that on top of all other skills are able to think on behalf of other players. For the medic, playing with anything but these people gets frustrating, and in the end there weren’t many teams left I’d enjoy playing with.

I wouldn’t mind playing scout, but I found I had more talent for soldier (or maybe it’s just an easier class).

2. I dunno, I only heard about this yesterday. But it looks like the only class remaining is demo.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Daleth

If the enemy team pops uber, it better to hold on to an uber for as long as possible or uber straight away so the enemy team don’t have an uber advantage after they fade?

If you don’t mind my div5 answer; they pop, you fall back, you pop onto them as their uber fades, you kill their medic, you have the advantage.

Last edited by Spike Himself,

Daleth

ti.
[PG]

I suppose its a pretty silly question because it all depends on the situation.

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

The Torden Factor has showcased you as a vitriolic curmudgeonly old man, are you actually bitter and twisted IRL?

torden

broder
syster

Quoted from Daleth

What precautions do you take when a Spy has been called?

1. Spy or not, I always spam the sidestep keys, to make me a harder target for anything surprising. For the spy call specifically, looking more behind + leaving the back to walls are obvious, but aside from that, trying to have players behind you makes your back less accessible.

2. First, I’d have to make an assessment of how likely it is for the other team to pop my uber during that attack. If it is indeed likely, I’d rather make sure myself and my team mates are at offensive positions once our (counter)uber is popped.

Falling far back to save seconds is overall a common mistake, as those seconds will only be spent on you and your team chasing back the other team.

Last edited by torden,

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

When pushing, would you normally send your flank team first to distract the enemy before the heavies push, or would you prefer the heavies to push first and flanks to come in after to clear up?

Edit: Also, why are these called ‘the well’ surely ‘the fount’….as in ‘of all knowledge’ would be better?

Last edited by Monkeh,

Spike Himself

TC

Do (did?) you use the blutsauger or syringe gun? And why?

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Monkeh

Edit: Also, why are these called ‘the well’ surely ‘the fount’….as in ‘of all knowledge’ would be better?

University is a fountain of knowledge and students go there to drink.

also oops @ unnecessary double :(

Last edited by Spike Himself,

torden

broder
syster

Quoted from WARHURYEAH

Can you suggest some good music for a frag movie? Because I’m making one and I don’t like all this dubstep shit.

In what aspect do you think playing medic has helped you as a soldier?

1. I have about 100 song ready for my next one, but they’re all top secret. Finding new music and envisioning in your head with the visuals is one of my favourite parts of movie making. I don’t want to take that away from you :)

But a general tip is to find something that has certain contrast to the visuals. It’s a common technique used by several of the best directors, from Kubric to Tarantino. Look into classic (non-overused) musical scores, old forgotten hits, or a niche quirky indie tune!

2. The soldier+medic relationship requires a lot of care. It’s all down the the details: Building uber correctly (it’s an art), looking behind to make sure I’m not overextending, or expecting an ambush, look at my medic’s hp and guide him to safety, calling rally points. There are so many minor details that even half of prem soldiers regularly forget to do (I sometime forget myself :) )

torden

broder
syster

Quoted from Admirable

The Torden Factor has showcased you as a vitriolic curmudgeonly old man, are you actually bitter and twisted IRL?

I can be cranky at times, yes. I take inspiration from Andy Rooney at the end of the 60 minutes episodes. Having said that, the torden factor is satirical and is certainly and active event to find wrongs about anything.

dougiie

CotC

are you glad you switched to soldier?

what kind of team would make you want to play medic again?

most annoying player you’ve played against and why?

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 8 Next »