Forum

the Well #5

Created 29th November 2010 @ 16:05

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 8 Next »

ilike2spin

RLM

As an esteemed user of the kritzkrieg, what advice can you give on using it, switching to it and generally getting the best from it?

torden

broder
syster

Quoted from Spike Himself

Do (did?) you use the blutsauger or syringe gun? And why?

I haven’t found many people that will be on par with my needle aim, but even still the hp gained from blutsauger needles just isn’t worth it. I’ve experimented countless of matches with both and the statistics gave a clear answer: Syringe gun = less deaths.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Is there some form of correlation between you not shaving and you wanting to play soldier.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from torden

the hp gained from blutsauger needles just isn’t worth it. I’ve experimented countless of matches with both and the statistics gave a clear answer: Syringe gun = less deaths.

Have you ever argued with Byte about this and, if so, how long did that argument last?

franco

best pro and upcomming medics?

torden

broder
syster

Quoted from Monkeh

When pushing, would you normally send your flank team first to distract the enemy before the heavies push, or would you prefer the heavies to push first and flanks to come in after to clear up?

Edit: Also, why are these called ‘the well’ surely ‘the fount’….as in ‘of all knowledge’ would be better?

All very situational, but I guess it can be broken up by asking “what is the of the attack?”

A. To get a critical kill
B. To clean up damaged troop

If A, I would probably send the main attack first to take attention, and try to get attention forward, so a flanking scout could jump on that targe.

if B, I’d have the flankers take attention, and try to steer the enemy team into bad positions, so that the main attack force can clean them out.

Mark

Phase

Have you been rallying for Dunc to replace Shox now he’s left Dignitas?

tesco

mrp.

when are you going to release your next movie? (:D)

Martn

How do you balance between building your uber quickly with your pocket and keeping the rest of your team healthy?
E.g.: Do you focus on getting that uber asap and thus only healing the pocket soldier or do you mix healing your pocket and healing other players on your team as well? (So they are overhealed when youre going to push in/get pushed.)

torden

broder
syster

Quoted from dougiie

are you glad you switched to soldier?

what kind of team would make you want to play medic again?

most annoying player you’ve played against and why?

1. Yeah, soldier suits me well right now. Medic require a very high attention level, which makes me tired afterwards. I’m too busy with work to afford being tired every night.

2. Right now, I simply don’t have the right setup to play medic. I often get a timeout or 2 during a night, which can easily cost an uber. Other times, my room mate dl’s crap making my ping go up, or set up a crazy party right next to me. I don’t think any team would trust a medic virtually playing from a carneval float.

3. Probably Darn. If he doesn’t constantly jump on your head, he’ll be loading up a cheap bodyshot from the other side of the map. To put it into perspective, I have more fun playing against fan, tdh and natascha combined.

torden

broder
syster

Quoted from Koeitje

Is there some form of correlation between you not shaving and you wanting to play soldier.

Short answer: Yes. Long answer: Nope

torden

broder
syster

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

Have you ever argued with Byte about this and, if so, how long did that argument last?

Naw, byte has usually been on the competing team and I’ve considered it an advantage to me that he kept using blut!

Last edited by torden,

torden

broder
syster

Quoted from ilike2spin

As an esteemed user of the kritzkrieg, what advice can you give on using it, switching to it and generally getting the best from it?

I’d either use it if it meant getting it before the enemy uber, or as a means of countering an uber disadvantage (ie, they already have uber, and are expected to be popped).

If the other medic has uber, i’d usually advice to focus other targets than the medic, in order to try and pick people off + back off – unless you can catch the other medic by surprise, but that’s quite difficult.

If the other team is forcing the pace down, I’ll usually be more prone to switch to kritz in order to try and speed the game up – if nothing else, just because it’s more entertaining to play a fast game.

torden

broder
syster

Quoted from Mark

Have you been rallying for Dunc to replace Shox now he’s left Dignitas?

I’ve been rallying for anyone and everyone to replace shox, but nothing seems to bite.

torden

broder
syster

Quoted from tesco

when are you going to release your next movie? (:D)

Sometime after Valve makes a demo system that’s close to user friendly. In other words, “valve time”.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 8 Next »