Forum

Teams Dropping During Season

Created 25th October 2009 @ 22:46

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 11 Next »

Imperium

Kinda hard to generalise every specific case for dropping, so you need individual attention for each and every team which you can’t expect resources to provide for. You can’t say two of your 7-man team suddenly never logging on is something you take blame for, nor can you take the blame for when your clan leaders decide different ideas on 1 thing. In the latter you can’t say it’s both of the people’s fault, both will have truth in them. If one is right and one is wrong then you’re cutting it too simply.

Leave it as it is, blame can’t be given because of the complexity

JC

Who cares if an enemy team drops after you played against them? Only thing that matters is if you had a fun time playing the match.

At least, last time i checked we played TF2 for fun.

And yes, it’s not good for competition if a team drops, but people might have their reasons ;) .

you go play public and leave competitive play to the real boys ok..

djc

d2f~

i laughed a lot when i saw this:
http://etf2l.org/teams/7219/

origine folds, 3 of its players immediately join the idk gold roster (which just folded) alongside aior and various other french national players, essentially putting a div2 team in div3

Oggy

Yes because the 2 defaults they already have against their name isn’t a disadvantage at all. Nor the fact that they have 6 players on the roster and none of them are soldiers.

This is a thread about people being pissed off with clans folding, we’re trying to fix one of those clans but you still whine?

Ok tf2street

djc

d2f~

i mean, one team folded (idk gold) and then origine folded and a big chunk of its roster gets to drop a div and compete, and it just feels silly :))

Oggy

Well I don’t know what you want, we’ve had Aior in our lineup since I joined idk over a year ago as I know him and Night from TFC I recruited them both. idk gold folded a week ago or so and aior hasn’t been active for us, it so happened that origins folded at the same time and they wanted to make a team with the idk? name.

If the clans in div3 feel hard done by then I’m sure they could ask the admins to keep idk gold dead and move them to the origins spot instead.

Iller

tGa

I somewhat agree with the suggestion in this thread, but what should a team leader do if a lot of players decides to change teams ?
In the case of SdX’98 I know they tried really hard to get players which then quite quickly changed teams and other players dropped.

One way to prevent this would be to not allow people play in more than one team during one season (with some execptions if you happen to be in a team where too many other people have droped, making it impossible to sustain a stable 6 man team).

Sir Remix

frø
DANMARK

+1

We folded becouse both our sollys quitted the clan. And then some off our players is really inactive.

But, good idea.

FluffY ZeuZ

It’s just very simple.. if 3 members leave drop the team from the league if you can’t find new members instant.. but keep it running on the same teampage, instead of every1 leaving, and a new clan popping up with the same 4 “old” members once again under a new clan name…

Would be so much easier to keep track on, since there are about 40-50% of teams you serach for today in the search funtion, will come up empthy, dropped, or something else. Really annoying people just can’t stay in the team, and just rename it, instead of forming new ones all the time.

Slick

Epsilon

if AioR wants to be active, thats his choice and he recruits who he wants :) I do feel for you though as it is AioR my french babe.

At the same time i think the community needs as much teams as it can get. ETF2L seasons are not frequent and lets face it during the summer, etf2L was dead and therefor so was the community. So peeps wanna play, don’t whine, play :)

And on another note, Origine still has 6 players on its roster and it has dropped. http://etf2l.org/teams/140/

Last edited by Slick,

ambra

ban ragefolders for the next season

You mean players? It would hardly be fair to ban me from next season considering px2 folding was completely out of my control to do anything about.

true
someone with experience about the scene should look into teams history

FlagZero

guru
G-Yoda

Looks to me that every team has a leader/organizer which should know how active and stable his clan is. So if a team droops do to inactivity or plane ragequit of its members the team leader should have been aware of such a possibility and not register for the competition.

In short blame the team creator and ban him from creating/joining a team until the end of season.

rtan

-9w-

Teams should work through it.

When I was in snuke, our second season was appalling with losing 3 first team players, but we worked hard during the end of the season and beat the rEJ, Gladiatori and cubesports who were at the other end of the table at that time.

Yes yes, give us a virtual pat on the back, but srsly, teams shouldn’t fold so quick, at least finish the season before you fold, like we did.

Looks to me that every team has a leader/organizer which should know how active and stable his clan is. So if a team droops do to inactivity or plane ragequit of its members the team leader should have been aware of such a possibility and not register for the competition.

Partially agree with this… If the members of a team think they’re likely to quit TF2 before the season ends, they should simply NOT sign up to the season, or give their clan notice to find replacement players. They shouldn’t just sign up to the season for the hell of it without thinking about it. Playing in a league is a commitment.

If it’s a case of half the team suddenly changing their mind after one week of crap results, then it’s pretty much tough luck for the other members of the team, because they have unreliable teammates. People let you down, it happens. Find a more reliable team and move on.

Last edited by purplefistmixer,

bun

+1 , i’m working for that for our french ligue LFTF2. Cos as you can see : http://www.games-community.fr/ligues/1/Team_Fortress_2/divisions-details/11/Details_de_la_division.html

many teams are dropped at the beggining of the season. I’m looking for any idea that would help the teams not to fold.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 11 Next »