Forum

Teams Dropping During Season

Created 25th October 2009 @ 22:46

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 11 Next »

Exfane

EPA
TWIN

i have nothing against idk or idk gold, but this new team (http://etf2l.org/teams/7219/) is a joke. I dont think thats even allowed in etf2l.
Idk gold folds and immediately after, a whole new playerbase joins that team on etf2l.

On one side i dont mind, because you’d rather have more teams playing then open spots because some teams folded.

On the other side its absolutely retarded something like this can happen or is allowed. None of the players was in idk gold before. Actually none of the players have been approved for the team as of yet.

The situation kinda sucks, how much i want this to be possible, to give new teams a spot from a folded clan in etf2l, but on the other hand this should not be allowed

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Who cares if an enemy team drops after you played against them? Only thing that matters is if you had a fun time playing the match.

We didn’t have fun that match btw :). But that’s not HH’s fault, that was due to an admin decision.

LOL @ the new IDK? team btw.

I somewhat agree with the suggestion in this thread, but what should a team leader do if a lot of players decides to change teams ?
In the case of SdX’98 I know they tried really hard to get players which then quite quickly changed teams and other players dropped.

We had to search for a scout + 2 soldiers. And we did it? Guess you didn’t really care. What a about mercs? Clanless friends that help out for a week or so?

@ Exfane: maybe I should ask ARM3D to give us their slot :P. Or put the frenchies in that slot? Or Rawr? etcetera.

Last edited by Koeitje,

Extremer

@ Exfane: maybe I should ask ARM3D to give us their slot :P. Or put the frenchies in that slot? Or Rawr? etcetera.

Are you the second team of ARM3D?

Basically, idk.frog were allowed to do this because they replaced our 2nd team who have folded.

Last edited by Extremer,

Iller

tGa

I somewhat agree with the suggestion in this thread, but what should a team leader do if a lot of players decides to change teams ?
In the case of SdX’98 I know they tried really hard to get players which then quite quickly changed teams and other players dropped.

We had to search for a scout + 2 soldiers. And we did it? Guess you didn’t really care. What a about mercs? Clanless friends that help out for a week or so?

Me ?
I don’t really understand why you are quoting me and then telling me this ?
You had to search for some players, ok, why not ?
I don’t see the connection between the quote from me and what you wrote.

Last edited by Iller,

Vali

-9w-

Basically, idk.frog were allowed to do this because they replaced our 2nd team who have folded.

But they have absolutely no connection to idk gold other than being your second team and are essentially just another new team. They have no more right to be in that spot than any other div3 standard team that are currently not in any divisions and I’d wager that the admins would laugh if any other new team that had formed would ask to take over someone’s spot in week 5 of the season.

Extremer

But they have absolutely no connection to idk gold other than being your second team and are essentially just another new team.

That’s just enough connection to replace the old second idk team.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Me ?

Misread your post. But my point still stands, whoever was in charge didn’t try hard enough.

What kind of nonsense is that?

Last edited by Koeitje,

infussle

really needs to be a punishment for those who do not finish the season! One crap idea that sprung to me, was to enforce all the players in the said team to play where their team finished e.g. if you finish last, all your players cant reform and join that same division again, and must played in whatever div their team finished in. Although this would encourage teams to finish the season, the main problem would be the players from dropped teams (who folded through no fault of their own) finding another team. Something really must be imposed, because at the moment, its way too easy to say “its over, we fold”, and this _needs_ to change.

Last edited by infussle,

Vali

-9w-

No not really. They are a new team, they should be treated like a new team.

Edit: When TCM (wotr) folded and Ubersexuals became TCM, did anyone say “Hey guys, shouldn’t Ubersexuals take over wotr’s results?”. No, of course they didn’t because even though they had the same status (being sponsered and named after the same MGO) they were clearly two different clans. If TCM were to basically reform with a couple of new players and come back under the Arm3D MGO, would you be happy if they got put into div2 this season? No, of course you wouldn’t.

The members of Origine Gaming that abandoned their dropped team this season shouldn’t be rewarded with being allowed to replace a dropped clan (of which they share nothing in common with apart from their name) with their newly formed clan this season. I don’t think this has ever happened before and it shouldn’t be happening now.

Last edited by Vali,

FireStorm

-9m-

I will open with explaining what happened with px2, its not really anyone in the teams fault it folded, we had a team running pre-season and were ready, but when we did’t get into etf2l league we just stopped playing people moved on. Then as skyride said, half way into the week one we were told we were in. So we actually had around 2 players left to play. You can’t build a team at the snap of your fingers, it takes time.

The problem is there is no reason for a team to finish the season, last season with s7, the clan actually folded about 2 weeks before the end of the season with 2 games left to play. So really we should have folded then but no, I kept everyone together to give all the clans in the div a game and a fair chance. Result

http://etf2l.org/matches/11314/

Might as well just of folded and not taken all the shit :/

FireStorm

BERSERKER

broder
PRO

No not really. They are a new team, they should be treated like a new team.

Edit: When TCM (wotr) folded and Ubersexuals became TCM, did anyone say “Hey guys, shouldn’t Ubersexuals take over wotr’s results?”. No, of course they didn’t because even though they had the same status (being sponsered and named after the same MGO) they were clearly two different clans. If TCM were to basically reform with a couple of new players and come back under the Arm3D MGO, would you be happy if they got put into div2 this season? No, of course you wouldn’t.

The members of Origine Gaming that abandoned their dropped team this season shouldn’t be rewarded with being allowed to replace a dropped clan (of which they share nothing in common with apart from their name) with their newly formed clan this season. I don’t think this has ever happened before and it shouldn’t be happening now.

+1 to Vali, even if he is a bit of a twat.

Slick

Epsilon

A dropped team will always have members joining another team :o Don’t see how you cannot see this happening. Origine has 6 members currently in their clan. So dont see why departing clan members should be punished…by not being able to play.

Last edited by Slick,

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

A dropped team will always have members joining another team :o Don’t see how you cannot see this happening. Origine has 6 members currently in their clan. So dont see why departing clan members should be punished…by not being able to play.

Of course they should be allowed to play. But why should they get a slot right away instead of one of the teams on the waiting list? What makes them different from any other team or players that want to play?

Last edited by Koeitje,

Vali

-9w-

This whole topic is about not dropping and trying to make things work. There were 9 players on the roster of Origine and they didn’t have enough to make ends meet? Was there at any point any attempt to recruit new players and kick the inactive ones or did they just throw in the towel and drop to create a new team? Couldn’t they just have added the new players to that team and carry on playing in div2 this season? As much of a shame as it is that idk gold folded, I’d prefer to have a div3 team drop than a div2 one.

Edit: Let’s run with some more logic shall we? If it’s fine for a team to replace a dropped one in week 5 then why can’t more teams replace other dropped clans? I’d advise Monster Munch and TDR to fold and aptly reform so they can go get their places in div2 (replacing Arm3D and Origine) and I’m sure there’s at least a few div4 clans that could probably hold their own this season even with a couple of default losses from dropping. We even have exe.cute in div6 who recruited a whole new lineup that are wasting their and everyone elses’ time in that div when they could easily just replace a dropped div3 team right now!

There’s a good reason why this doesnt happen.

Last edited by Vali,

Oggy

Rage tbh

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 11 Next »