Forum

Teams Dropping During Season

Created 25th October 2009 @ 22:46

Locked Pages: 1 2 ... 11 Next »

JC

Ok at the start of the season my team played SDX and won 6-0, that team then folded. not a big deal, next match PX2 again we won 6-0 then team folded, fubar then also folded. ok so 2 matches and both teams fold, thats a bit of a joke. teams will put alot of effort, practice and their own time into these matches, only to have there hard work removed.

A new system has to made to stop teams just folding when they lose the first two matches. i can understand that players go inactive or they dont work, but there are plenty of players running around on the forums looking for teams. if a team can not commit to the season they should not play. Or come up with new idea’s e.g lock players after leaving there team for 2 weeks until they can join another.

Just something that i think should be discussed

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Like HH? Who practically reformed right away?

Last edited by Koeitje,

Dean

+1

Harps

MM

+1

Last edited by Harps,

Enocnad

+1

GeneSIS^

[MIPC]

Like HH? Who practically reformed right away?

this team is only for the ladder :D
and we havent even played any games yet
also we have me and punssia from HH and we were boht backups/inactive
and hoppi who wanted to play demo for us so thats not really reforming

Last edited by GeneSIS^,

igulfast

HordeofGoats

+1

cheee

fa»
[SpA]

how do you want to change it?

give all other teams a default, so you can stay with your 6 points then;
but does this change something? No.

you stay with the points and all other teams get nothing or less than 6 points;
is that fair? No.

So there cant be done anything about teams who drops :/

Last edited by cheee,

JC

i can understand that, eg you play a match 3-1, that team folds the rest get 6-0, but the point is, somefing has to be done about this. there should be consequences if a team just cant commit to a season in the first place, it just ruins other teams who have worked hard, its the same in every div, from div 1 to div 6

hoppi

TIDS

+1
that really sucks and i’m sorry that we dropped but it just didnt work anymore. this is really a problem and sucks balls for the people who lose their points. but srsly everyone would have raped us 5-0 on both maps so isnt rly important then if a team drops.
like gen said we are more like semi-active and a fun team ;) played 2 maps now in one week and only wanna do some ladder games.

seraph

rEJ

How about we base a new points system on Quantum Mechanics?

We assign a complex scalar to the points gotten by each team from each match, and your actual point total is the square of this complex scalar.

So say you win your game 6-0 against HH you get sqrt(6) points. So your actual point total from this game is 6.

Now HH fold. You don’t want to lose your points, the other 8 teams in your group don’t want to NOT get points from HH’s drop. So we give each of these teams sqrt(3)+sqrt(3)*i points. So their actual point total from this game is 0, even though they got points for winning the game.

I think this silly and convoluted method is objectively the fairest way to assign points and deal with dropping teams. Any other suggestions are just retarded and whiny.

Last edited by seraph,

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

i can understand that, eg you play a match 3-1, that team folds the rest get 6-0, but the point is, somefing has to be done about this. there should be consequences if a team just cant commit to a season in the first place, it just ruins other teams who have worked hard, its the same in every div, from div 1 to div 6

All players in a team that folds can’t play in the next season if 3 or more of them join the same team next season.

JC

+1
that really sucks and i’m sorry that we dropped but it just didnt work anymore. this is really a problem and sucks balls for the people who lose their points. but srsly everyone would have raped us 5-0 on both maps so isnt rly important then if a team drops.
like gen said we are more like semi-active and a fun team ;) played 2 maps now in one week and only wanna do some ladder games.

if you knew you would get raped 5-0 then you should be in a lower div, and like a said if a team can not commit to a season then it is your own fault and you should have known this before hand. not really fair on the teams in your group

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

+1

if you knew you would get raped 5-0 then you should be in a lower div, and like a said if a team can not commit to a season then it is your own fault and you should have known this before hand. not really fair on the teams in your group

We should have been in a higher div. We could have been if those 2 teams in div 2a would have folded before they started to waste people’s time.

Psyche

+1

Locked Pages: 1 2 ... 11 Next »