¿
TF2.ro

+1

skinnie

TCM

CRY PERRY CRY

Last edited by skinnie,

Jones

Getting more sponsors won’t improve the league it’ll just improve Daykillers bank account and gadget collection (if what gryzor says is true).

Last edited by Jones,

Iller

tGa

That’s right, I dare to make a stand. Return freedom of speech. No wait, it never was here to begin with!

You ban people for “flaming an admin”, meaning YOU can’t take personal attacks. Cube throws a joke about you making the worst decision etf2l has ever made. His exact lines were: “I disapprove of this message. Die admins” And what do you do? BAN FOR 3 MONTHS? Gimme a fucking break.

Seppo calls you brainless (and quite frankly everybody can see why he did that!), and what do you do? MAJOR WARNING. FOR FLAMING AN ADMIN? EPIC FREEDOM OF SPEECH THERE.

Flaming admins, for example by calling them brainless, should definetely don’t result in warnings, in my opinion. Sure, it is not a polite way to discuss, but everyone should be free to have their opinions and express them.
However, to write “Die admins” is across the line. This is a death threat and is considered a serious crime IRL and should not be tolerated in here. Sure, maybe he didn’t mean that he really wanted to see the admins dead, but this you can never know.
There are other ways of formulating insults without threatening to kill someone.

This league hasn’t improved in any other way during 5 seasons than for more teams coming up. Oh and I guess you can’t forget Steel “sponsors everything in the e-sports scene” series. I’m sure it would be really hard to get more sponsors for the league but I mean come on. YOU HAVE 330 TEAMS, how hard can it be to get a few more sponsors? I haven’t got any experience of running a league but I can’t imagine it would be that hard. Or do you even want to try advancing this league? Do you want to keep this league in a standstill? If so, keep doing what you’re doing right now.. which is absolutely nothing. Just lurk around your precious forums, lock the threads that you don’t like.

I agree that it would be nice if more could be done.
To allow more teams is a good step forward. The improvement from 250 to 330 teams was very nice, but I think there should be a way of letting all registered teams join.

This sponsoring is a bit of a joke, even if it of course is very good that there are any sponsors at all. But seriously, the total value of the sponsoring is something I could easily afford to give away myself. It is not much more than coffee money.
Large billion dollar companies should be able to sponsor the league with much much more.

Last edited by Iller,

seraph

rEJ

Getting more sponsors won’t improve the league it’ll just improve Daykillers bank account and gadget collection (if what gryzor says is true).

this

SnowiE

-9w-
-9m-

How long have you been an admin, Snowie? :D
2 days?

On ETF2L, since 17th September. If you’re asking about previous experience, I admined and then ran Wireplay Q3F up to its end and was a member of the Barrysworld Q3F admin team for something like a year. I’ve known Deltron (the person who owns the server that hosts the site) as a clan member and friend for 9 years, and Gryzor for at least 2 years.

If you’re questioning if I’m qualified to answer some of the points raised, I’m probably not. But unless they know the actual details of sponsorship deals made, I’d argue only a few people actually are.

nvc

Gryzor also said he played division 1.

The simple fact is guys, G-man opened is silly mouth once again but this time not to someone of the community, but instead to ETF2L. This has and is an on-going problem and he needs some kind of restraining order.

Even if everything he said was actually correct, yet again he’s gone about it the wrong way.

This blablabla omg we love gryzor and hate etf2l has no reasoning behind it, the ETF2L admins have done nothing but good for this community, and i’m sure in some sick and retarded way, so has Gryzor.

The fact you, perry, are jumping on Gryzor’s bandwagon is beyond laughable, there are 2 sides of the story and you forget to mention all the ban hammers dropped on behalf of gryzor. I was banned for 2 weeks for being childish and insulting Gryzor, and josh for like 3 seasons for telling him to go die. I’m not saying ETF2L went the right way about it, i agree with you on that point and obviously that is clear from the many internet battles, however i’ve spoken with Jonni on numerous occasions on the matter and it’s clear to me that Gryzor has always been a critical part of ETF2L so what exactly are you trying to say?

However he has not made a good case for himself with his constant garbage on irc and inparticularly ETF2L, so this was inevitably going to happen. What else did he predict after one whole year of getting out on the wrong side of the bed? The entire TF2 community was fed up, don’t you think the admins would eventually turn into an entire team of incredible hulks at some point?

If anything he said was true, i’d now hope he and daykiller can sort it out between themselves and then, the G-man should go and sit in the naughty corner for a period of no less than 5 years for ruining level up. Yes i am bitter.

That'll be all.

Last edited by nvc,

F2

Danmark

perry got some good points. “Freedom of speech” has nothing to do with people being allowed to write whatever they want on an internet forum though.

BERSERKER

broder
PRO

Assuming the given information is correct, we either need a new head admin or a new league, to be quite honest. And instead of having one head admin it’d be nicer to have a ’round table’ sorta thing where you have, say, 9 admins who all have to vote for or against decisions, instead of one who can make decisions he sees fit, and that might not be in the best interest of the community. Additionally community interaction should be mandatory for admins of such a large league.

Skyride

DUCS

nvc, as much you hate Gryzor (and im sure you all did at some point) you’ve got to agree that the points he made in that post are pretty strong. I know what you mean about him going about it the wrong way and I’d probably agree 98% with you but I think this one time it was the right thing to do.

nvc

nvc, as much you hate Gryzor (and im sure you all did at some point) you’ve got to agree that the points he made in that post are pretty strong. I know what you mean about him going about it the wrong way and I’d probably agree 98% with you but I think this one time it was the right thing to do.

I wasn’t trying to state that Gryzor was “wrong”, if it came accross that way then sorry. I just don’t know the difference between right and wrong when it comes from his mouth anymore.

If true, i’d of done the same.

Last edited by nvc,

nvc

Assuming the given information is correct, we either need a new head admin or a new league, to be quite honest. And instead of having one head admin it’d be nicer to have a ’round table’ sorta thing where you have, say, 9 admins who all have to vote for or against decisions, instead of one who can make decisions he sees fit, and that might not be in the best interest of the community. Additionally community interaction should be mandatory for admins of such a large league.

The way ETF2L is run now is fine, you’d just need to replace people.

on that note.. I’d like to point out that ETF2L doesn’t promise anything it can’t deliver (Dunc+TCL?!), thus i have never been insatisfied with how this league has been run from a player perspective. Sure we could do with more prizes but when that comes from a 15 year olds mouth (Perry).. please don’t take the ease of securing such sponsorship deals so seriously.

Last edited by nvc,

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

Pow! right in the kisser

skinnie

TCM

+1 nvc ?
wtf

dunc

infs
dp.

[edit: let’s not get this locked]

I cba replying to the key points of this topic because I can’t keep up but there will be an article going up on Resupply at some point today (fingers crossed.. :D) with an “inside view”.

Last edited by dunc,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 7 Next »