Forum

Feedback, freedom of speech and more.

Created 4th October 2009 @ 23:29

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 7 Next »

perry

[MIPC]

That’s right, I dare to make a stand. Return freedom of speech. No wait, it never was here to begin with!

You ban people for “flaming an admin”, meaning YOU can’t take personal attacks. Cube throws a joke about you making the worst decision etf2l has ever made. His exact lines were: “I disapprove of this message. Die admins” And what do you do? BAN FOR 3 MONTHS? Gimme a fucking break.

Seppo calls you brainless (and quite frankly everybody can see why he did that!), and what do you do? MAJOR WARNING. FOR FLAMING AN ADMIN? EPIC FREEDOM OF SPEECH THERE.

And now, a single brave soul fights against the power, implying that 330 teams signing up to “your league” has slightly gotten to your head. He says, that etf2l lacks freedom of speech, he’s giving CONSTRUCTIVE FEEDBACK. AND WHAT IN GODS NAME DO YOU DO? You decide to deny any further topics with the slightest hint of tf2street in them, instead of listening to CONSTRUCTIVE FEEDBACK. Because criticism is bad, it MIGHT just make the majority of the people realize just how retarded this league has gotten. And you couldn’t have that could you? People moving on to other leagues, which I’m sure people will start doing soon enough, if etf2l keeps going the way it is.

2 of the admins that were doing a big part of the work, 2 of the admins that had a brain, you decided to remove them from the adminteam? As much of a dick as gryzor can be, he did good work. Yet he was removed from the adminteam, for.. abusing his rights? Good excuse.

You removed m0re from the adminteam because of…. making the right call concerning the match between Afterlife and yoyotech? Great job there.

“Incorrect facts” lol, that’s a good one. How is it, that all the previous admins and even some of the current admins are saying that the “incorrect facts” you mentioned, are actually true. And you still try to deny that? Fucking hell, admit that you have a problem, get it sorted and IMPROVE THE FUCKING LEAGUE.

This league hasn’t improved in any other way during 5 seasons than for more teams coming up. Oh and I guess you can’t forget Steel “sponsors everything in the e-sports scene” series. I’m sure it would be really hard to get more sponsors for the league but I mean come on. YOU HAVE 330 TEAMS, how hard can it be to get a few more sponsors? I haven’t got any experience of running a league but I can’t imagine it would be that hard. Or do you even want to try advancing this league? Do you want to keep this league in a standstill? If so, keep doing what you’re doing right now.. which is absolutely nothing. Just lurk around your precious forums, lock the threads that you don’t like.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE for the love of god. Find a suitable replacement for yourself. Get someone who can run this league, and just leave. Maybe get someone who’s involved in the community? Get someone who wants to advance this league, which is by far the biggest one. Even though it might not be the best one. Quantity does not always guarantee quality. Seriously, the groundwork has been made for etf2l to become a really good league. All it needs now is for someone to make it progress, instead of you keeping it as it is, shit. That’s right, I said this league is shit. It can hardly be anything else if 2 of its best admins were removed.

I realize this topic might tick you off real bad, but please don’t lock it. Allow discussion to flourish, see what people think of you.

as much as I think perry is a bit of a wanker, i find myself agreeing with him.

Skyride

DUCS

go go go Perry.

This is probably the best thing ever posted on this forum…

Hats off to you sir

fJack

k^m

NO, I AM SPARTACUS.

This needs a serious, frank and open discussion. It will require dialogue between the players and admins. Perhaps it won’t be easy but it is certainly necessary.

perry

[MIPC]

as much as I think perry is a bit of a wanker, i find myself agreeing with him.

Thanks darling, I find you a bit of a wanker too <3<3

Arjeni

I dont know much but some good points here

LUPUS

Well said perry, maybe they will listen.

Memento Mori

Someone make their own league.

compton

cvx|

+1

It’s funny how you talk about freedom of speech when it’s their forum.. But it doesn’t change the arguments, and the fact that the admins are being a bag of dicks.

Typh0n

AUTOBOTS

+1
“YOU HAVE 330 TEAMS” and tbh thats the only thing etf2l got, too bad admins think they have all rights just because of this.

agron

Relic

+1

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

+1

Gryzor did an excellent job for the league itself, it’s a shame things happened in this manner.

Last edited by d2m,

SnowiE

-9w-
-9m-

The problem is, admins can’t win with these types of debates. I hope you can understand that there’s no way that we should be posting internal discussions, especially something as sensitive as finances/sponsorship. The admin team has to make difficult decisions and then present them to a community, up to half of which may have wanted it to go the other way. If we were to start saying admin X voted this way, admin Y voted this way, it splits the admin team down the middle, makes it impossible for us to conduct anything privately and invites people to try and win favour with admins they feel are representing their side.

With regards to the flaming of admins, I don’t understand how you can think it’s fair that an admin should be allowed to be abused? Yes, sometimes things are said as jokes, but it would be better if people assumed that talking to people they don’t know, in a public forum, is very different to talking to their friends in a private irc channel. One thing that you might think is a joke might very well be interpreted differently, especially when it came along with a wall of derision and abuse (regardless of whether you felt the decision on the sandman was wrong, the abuse was never justified or constructive).

Freedom of speech is a very high and mighty cause, but it doesn’t really exist anywhere. The admins allowed tf2street to post about his blog when people were criticising the running of the league in their interviews, it wasn’t until Gryzor posted more serious stuff that the threads were locked.

I hope some of this helped answer some of your points. If we can keep this constructive, maybe we can actually help each other out here.

WildCard

Also agree, and tbh there are alot of talented people out there who are quite capable of setting up and running a league as good if not better than ETF2L currently seems to be doing with all the drama.

So I do hope it all gets cleared up quickly, as if not I dont think it would be to hard to imagine so from of “break away” league forming so to speak.

Who knows :D

perry

[MIPC]

+1

It’s funny how you talk about freedom of speech when it’s their forum.. But it doesn’t change the arguments, and the fact that the admins are being a bag of dicks.

You are correct sir, it is their forum. Even so, people do expect to be able to talk freely. And I want this league to progress, and denying freedom of speech from it won’t be the factor that makes this league go to incredible heights.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 7 Next »