Forum

Feedback, freedom of speech and more.

Created 4th October 2009 @ 23:29

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 7 Next »

agron

Relic

How long have you been an admin, Snowie? :D
2 days?

On ETF2L, since 17th September. If you’re asking about previous experience, I admined and then ran Wireplay Q3F up to its end and was a member of the Barrysworld Q3F admin team for something like a year. I’ve known Deltron (the person who owns the server that hosts the site) as a clan member and friend for 9 years, and Gryzor for at least 2 years.

If you’re questioning if I’m qualified to answer some of the points raised, I’m probably not. But unless they know the actual details of sponsorship deals made, I’d argue only a few people actually are.

Fair enough :)

perry

[MIPC]

I appreciate the effort of pissing me off nvc, but don’t take the topic this way please, let’s just have some discussion going about it, I really only want to hear what people think :)

Last edited by perry,

Wiiking

[edit: let’s not get this locked]

I cba replying to the key points of this topic because I can’t keep up but there will be an article going up on Resupply at some point today (fingers crossed.. :D) with an “inside view”.

tf2street and gryzor added as new staff members? should spice things up a lilly!

JimmyBreeze

k^m

The league is great, and I applaud all of the admins and their effort. But, mistakes have been creeping in from no fixed maps in div 1 to shutting down tf2street discussion like it’s actually true and you’re afraid of it.

It’s no wonder that mistakes are being made though, these guys put such a huge burden on their free time. It also feels like the person making the calls is out of touch with the scene – especially it’s most important part – the top end, the guys who put just as much time into TF2 (not including TCM) as you do into adminning it.

What the league needs is a rotating presidency/commissionership. Like a club or society at university. Candidates makes their pitches and the teams of ETF2L vote. The leadership of this league will either make it or break it. So it’s really important that we get it right, and even more important that the guy at the head of the table actually wants to do it.

dunc

infs
dp.

Hahah what the fuck? I resent that “not TCM” bit! We’re playing EIGHT PCWs this week!

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Assuming the given information is correct, we either need a new head admin or a new league, to be quite honest. And instead of having one head admin it’d be nicer to have a ’round table’ sorta thing where you have, say, 9 admins who all have to vote for or against decisions, instead of one who can make decisions he sees fit, and that might not be in the best interest of the community. Additionally community interaction should be mandatory for admins of such a large league.

9 respected players from div 1+2 plx. Always found it weird that some people from the lower divs decide what the rules are for div1.

Last edited by Koeitje,

Skyride

DUCS

9 respected players from div 1+2 plx. Always found it weird that some people from the lower divs decide what the rules are for div1.

Well if those people from the lower divs listened, im sure it wouldn’t be a problem.

Arnold

DAKKA

Let’s not forget what day has done for the league up till now.
I agree some things could be better and we should discuss these issues but i don’t think a public forum is the best way to do that. I highly doubt the league is shit at it’s current state, it just needs a bit of work and insight to make it flow better. etf2l still is the best league for tf2 by far.

And about freedom of speech, i’m sorry but if you really have to result to raging adolescent insults you don’t deserve freedom of speech. Discussion can’t flourish when you make insults it’s that simple. even though you might sound “cool” while you do it.

Last edited by Arnold,

Kop

[CiC]
CiC

Let’s not forget what day has done for the league up till now.
I agree some things could be better and we should discuss these issues but i don’t think a public forum is the best way to do that. I highly doubt the league is shit at it’s current state, it just needs a bit of work and insight to make it flow better. etf2l still is the best league for tf2 by far.

And about freedom of speech, i’m sorry but if you really have to result to raging adolescent insults you don’t deserve freedom of speech. Discussion can’t flourish when you make insults it’s that simple. even though you might sound “cool” while you do it.

+1

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Well if those people from the lower divs listened, im sure it wouldn’t be a problem.

Then the “real” staff would just be a puppet and div1/2 pulling their strings. A facade.

byte

Due to this Thread and many others down the months some forum rules will be stated and visible to you all soon, hopefully. So that ‘freedom of speech’ can be shown/seen and heard.

More to come…

Cheers

Byte

Last edited by byte,

Become

GoT<3
HoT<3

9 respected players from all divs please, always find it a bit weird when <10% of the competing teams decides what the rules are for the rest of the teams.

xzr

the G-man should go and sit in the naughty corner for a period of no less than 5 years for ruining level up.

Yes, it was gryzor ruining lvl up and not the immaturity of your own players. ;]

on the topic though I would very much like to know where the small money behind etf2l is going if not hosting…

nvc

I’M SEXY I’M COOL I’M TAKING Y’ALL TO SCHOOL

Last edited by nvc,

Netsky

ohai,

you are right, freedom of speech is atm rather difficult, I won’t state on that.
However there are several reasons for that, one of them in particular, which really upsets me every single time, I got to read posts like these. No idea what I’m talking about? No problem. I am taking about trolling / flaming (etc usual stuff) in recruitment topics.
Seriously guys? This player (or team just in case) is looking for a new team, so your trolling around won’t help him, in fact he gets shot down even before he had a single chance to get some trial.
Here some kind of personal request (note not as admin), PLEASE stop posting in recruitment topics when you don’t know that guy. Ok what if it says high-ultra+ looks for a new team, and you know he hasn’t got that skill? Just tell people in a friendly way, not like: “oh lololol, never! at max low-, omg such a noob” – would you recruit such a guy? I guess not, so for the future of tf2, give new players a chance c0

Thanks!

Last edited by Netsky,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 7 Next »