Forum

Force-A-Nature

Created 14th June 2009 @ 21:36

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 26 27 28 ... 64 Next »

Niggles

So what if the good scouts were to use the FaN? Surely they would rape the lower scouts using it. They have a choice to use it, they are just choosing not to.

I don’t understand what all the fuss is about to be honest. I’ve played all classes against FaN scouts and not really had a problem. Infact, I actually prefer playing against FaN scouts to a regular scout because i know if i’m still alive after he’s fired his 2 shots, there’s a very high chance i’m going to kill him.

Scattergun scouts might hit me for 50 damage with the first 2 shots then suddenly knock nearly 100hp off me with the next one followed by a similar shot with the next.

The only one that should really be bitching about it is the medic as a good medic won’t uber before he is shot at, only when his health reaches a certain level. With the FaN the medic has very little time to react and will often have to uber when they see a FaN scout next to them simply because they won’t be able to react between the 1st and 2nd shot.

But that’s a time when you need to rethink your positioning and if all else fails, shout at your team for allowing the scout to get that close to you in the first place.

We couldn’t care less either, I don’t find the FaN any more effective than the normal scattergun, just different.

I can genuinely say I’ve never been in a situation where the FaN has killed me just because it’s the FaN. I’ve been quickly double-shotted and killed from 5ft away but tbh any scout that can get that close to me with a normal scattergun will rape me too, so what’s the difference?

I do think it’s a little bit broken but it’s really not worth a 25 page whine thread :D

So, two of the most respected players in the UK think the FAN is not broken, can we PLEASE get this closed?

KOVACS

It’s definately broken, just a question of whether or not people are happy to deal with it being broken in return for what is presumably more dynamic gameplay.

Personally I think the weapon reduces the depth of gameplay much more than it aids it.

kaidus

WiK?

Would be interesting to see an opinion poll (as in, not to make any kind of league related decision) on this.

appe

Would be interesting to see an opinion poll (as in, not to make any kind of league related decision) on this.

There is one, on the new TF2 community page you should visit daily and spread around :(

Puppets

just played another pickups and died around 3 times where i would have either gotten on the the healthpack or trough the door but the nockback forced me to die by the nearby soldier, gj there valve

techtron

ban the fan

caliban

fail

BAN!

holy shit…it doesn’t affect the game?…uhm ye right

n00ne

Valve , keep the weapon – remove the knock-back effect.

howdeh

Perilous
WUL

Valve , keep the weapon – remove the knock-back effect.

then its not the force a nature is it?

djc

d2f~

So, two of the most respected players in the UK think the FAN is not broken, can we PLEASE get this closed?

i haven’t read the giant walls of text in your quoted post (but i’m assumign the longest one is arx :P) so i dont know exactly what points theyre making or how to counter them, but “two of the most respected players in the UK” being for or against a decision doesnt mean shit as to whether or not we should be/should not be discussing the ban of a weapon

it’s all well and good if arx wants to support the FaN but that doesn’t mean his opinion is the only one we should be listening to. it just seems that most people who’ve posted here haven’t formulated any sort of decent argument to ban the weapon besides “OH MY GOD IT KILLED ME”

http://www.gotfrag.com/tf2/forums/thread/404449/

the topic came up for american leagues as well, and you can see some pretty good arguments made in posts 17 (by Lopert) and 36 (by Sherr) as to why mechanically, the weapon is broken. it doesn’t work like it probably should. you can even see european pro agron make an appearance in post 61 pointing out exactly how stupid the entirety of this etf2l thread has been considering the argument has had no substance besides people saying “you suck, get better”

THE BASIC MECHANICS of the FaN do not function in any way that makes sense. that is why it should be banned. read Lopert’s post in the gotfrag thread. tell me the weapon is any way “okay” to put in a league considering what he posted.

gryzor

Discussion is always welcome in the forums, I do not see the call for closing this thread as warranted as long as it stays on topic. Threads are closed when they are pointless — this thread is not.

bm

the gun is NOT overpowerd, its a situational weapon. BUT i repeat: it can take the fun out of the game especially for soldiers as rocketjumps are useless.
no matter how much you strafe if the scout can aim you wont get up the spire.

additional options like the fan can make the game more interesting i agree, but if its on the expense of making the game frustrating and less enjoyable for other classes (in case of the soldier rendering one if its key abilitys useless) it should not be allowed.

I wouldn’t want to see the FaN banned, but I’d definitely like seeing it fixed. I think if the knockback worked correctly it would be much less annoying, but still effective. Someone email Valve these threads maybe? =)

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

bm. the Fan is annoying for all classes.

It really annoys me actually. Going against scouts normally which you can 1on1 DM fine against with equal scatter, yet losing because they just get in your face / get lucky with the fan. Also the fan makes it a real bitch to get hits on, when ur being pushed around everywhere.

Ofc a scattergun scout can beat a fan scout, and most of the time they do. But if a fan scout is playing defensive then you are at a disadvantage. It’s a real support weapon and tbh I’m not a fan.

However I don’t think it changes the “winner” of any games, and it is as such “balanced”. But yea it’s just bloody annoying.

Rev

I’m sure if the FAN would be implemented into TF2 since the beginning no one would care about it.

Anyways, the FAN has its advantages and disadvantages towards the scattergun, which is really well balanced in my opinion.

Another point is that I really really hate it if a whole weapon gets banned- I’m still a bit disappointed about the sandman thingy, but it was probably just necessary because TF2 doesn’t need to be slowered down by an stun effect which holds up for seconds…

Last but not least I just hope the other class updates will follow soon, to ensure variable weapons for every class.

Cheers

Byte

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 26 27 28 ... 64 Next »