Forum

Force-A-Nature

Created 14th June 2009 @ 21:36

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 27 28 29 ... 64 Next »

Arnold

DAKKA

ye the mechanic is broken because you want it to be broken.
there’s no statement from valve as to what the knockback needed to do, or how it needed to function.
So let’s stop calling it broken and let’s call it annoying, it could be less annoying if worked with the amount of pellets hit rather than just having it do full knockback effect for one pellet hit.
i would support a “fix” like that, but it’s not broken as such.

i would also support having the fan keep some momentum, although not all when strafing or running forward. i think it would be more fun for either the scout using it and the players playing against it.

The amount of damage has been faulty from the start, it’s the same with scatter, since the spread is so retarded it can either do insane amount of damage on medium distance or close to nothing at all. it’s not a FaN problem, if anything the chances of the fan hitting all pellets from medium range is less than that of the scatter.

djc

d2f~

ye the mechanic is broken because you want it to be broken.
there’s no statement from valve as to what the knockback needed to do, or how it needed to function.

if this is valve’s intended function for the forceback to work, then they’re pretty retarded so i’m going to err on the side of caution and assume that valve are not as retarded as most people seem to think and say it’s a bad mechanic that isn’t working as intended or that they overlooked

Arnold

DAKKA

yes let’s assume they missed the programming of a weapon…
let’s assume they spent hours working on the wrong mechanics of a gun, and yet failed to notice it was broken even months after the update was released.

i never said it was a good mechanic, it’s just not “broken”

djc

d2f~

they broke the mechanics for natasha 2 updates in a row, where each update it reverted to doing less damage and less effective slowdown. they are pretty capable of fucking things on a massive level.

and with natasha, they went like a month without noticing it was broken.

:)

eoN^

let’s assume they spent hours working on the wrong mechanics of a gun, and yet failed to notice it was broken even months after the update was released.

i never said it was a good mechanic, it’s just not “broken”

It is possible that it was “broken” but they refused to fix it because the “broken” effect was alot better in pubs, especially where there are alot less medics and no one calling so a scout with any intelligence can get behind an enemy and the only thing they would have to worry about is sentrys.

Contra

Be

All this crap around the FaN is useless. It’s a game ffs and new weapons create new varieties… You don’t wanna play custom maps, you dont change your class line-up and now you dont want to use the new weapons they make… the reason i quitted css was because it was always the same and imo tf2 is going to the same way…

We need to play more custom maps and learn to adapt to every new update that’s just what this game is all about. adapting to new situation with your team. Tf2 is about being smarter then your opponent and try to get the upper hand if you’re playing against someone who uses the Fan just adapt to it. You’ll find a way and it gives new perspectives to the gameplay…

All who’s against the new updates or just new innovations is just a conservative prick

Amen

toasty.

PHX

My 2p on this subject is simply that its really annoying to play against. It seems to suck the fun out of the game.

Normally when I die I see what I did wrong and I’m perfectly happy. In so many situations being killed by the fan makes me mad and thinking “thats bullshit” (as in I didn’t mess up, how did I just die then)?.

I don’t have enough experience with the game to know if a weapon is broken/over powered in comparison to the others. I just thought I’d chip in my opinion. The fan is a fun sucker, and tf2 is all about fun.

fJack

k^m

yes because there’s no precedent for that before hurrr

as kovacs (i think) said you have to weigh up whether or not the slight variety its inclusion brings to the game is worth the tradeoff in its effects on gameplay.

i don’t think it’s been used enough yet to really be sure, but all i know is that this game is spammy enough, and any weapon that stuns you in place is going to cause frustration and damage the already lacking pace.

Arnold

DAKKA

with natascha they stated it was broken, and natascha was broken because it didn’t work at all. with the force of nature you can notice it’s broken the moment you shoot the enemy one time. natascha wasn’t so obvious was it?

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Still would like to know what kind of special tactic you need vs a fan scout on spire or gravelpit C. You can take him down by sending more up there than he can shoot or sticky spam, but doesn’t that take away the enjoyment of the game? Slowing down the game even more just because there is 1 out of 6 players in a certain position?

zar

useless thread is useless

piece

This weapon is a fun sucker. Most people think that way.
And it takes the flow out of the game. Tf2 is a slow game anyway compared to most shooters. Now you got a weapon that slows it down even more by stunning people.

Its no fun to play against. The only one who enjoys it is the scout who uses it.
Ofc its not that gamebreaking, but its as annoying as the sandman. At least in my eyes.

Gaarulf

UP|

Really, if the game will end up with standar lineup, granary / badlands only at season 7 or so, I and probably a whole bunch of others will quit. I see more fun in having a variety than to play the same game over and over again.

Atleast, I wouldn’t play TF2 if there was no variety other than maybe one new map after some seasons. It’s 70% badlands and granary, sometimes we get to play turbine, well or gravelpit, or sometimes freight, but then everyone whines because it’s a noob map and they lost because noone plays it (Mich *cough*).

Norrland3000

Really, if the game will end up with standar lineup, granary / badlands only at season 7 or so, I and probably a whole bunch of others will quit. I see more fun in having a variety than to play the same game over and over again.

Atleast, I wouldn’t play TF2 if there was no variety other than maybe one new map after some seasons. It’s 70% badlands and granary, sometimes we get to play turbine, well or gravelpit, or sometimes freight, but then everyone whines because it’s a noob map and they lost because noone plays it (Mich *cough*).

I rather play Gran & Bad all the time because Well,turbine isn’t fun. I play because it’s fun, then i wanna play maps that are fun. Why do you think everybody plays gran and bad? Because they are fun and balanced maps.
Gravel can also be fun time to times :)

seraph

rEJ

Seagull_:

can we ban the other team from leagues too, they’re annoying and try to stop me from capping these points I found on the floor. thanks

edit: also the gun is broken, someone spazz like a fish at valve and make them fix it. dat’d be deli

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 27 28 29 ... 64 Next »