Forum

Diamondback in season 17?

Created 5th January 2014 @ 22:34

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 7 Next »

Spike Himself

TC

Well I hope all my opponents will run perma-spy from now on. At least we’ll roll through our div easily then :)

Seriously though, if a spy in 6v6 manages to come close enough to get “easy headshots” (and isn’t for some wicked reason attempting a backstab instead), something has gone terribly wrong in your game.

Last edited by Spike Himself,

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

Quoted from Spike Himself

As opposed to ..sniper?

you have to scope in as sniper so you can counter him

whilst I agree that it takes skill and you should reward it, there’s a much higher chance of getting a lucky kill than the other weapons. if someone gets lucky with the ambassador, there is nothing you could’ve done to kill him (unlike the other classes/weapons)

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

Well I hope all my opponents will run perma-spy from now on. At least we’ll roll through our div easily then :)

the point is not that it’s overpowered, the point is that it’s annoying to play against
also stop it with the safety (creepy) smilies

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Starkie

[…]
the point is not that it’s overpowered, the point is that it’s annoying to play against

So are scouts :)

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

[…]

So are scouts :)

But scouts don’t get random crits :)

Spike Himself

TC

I don’t think the amount of damage from a meatshot is much different than that from an amby headshot, actually.

Spies can’t double jump, run fast and cap quickly. It’s an off-class for a reason, and the 1-in-a-100 “annoying” amby headshot isn’t going to make any difference to the game whatsoever.

It’s the same complaints as the ones that were brought up when the pyro received his degreaser in 6v6. That’s annoying to play against as well, but many people forget that you have to give up a mobility class for it, and that’s in most cases a much bigger deal than having the advantages of w/e those pyro weapons give you.

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

1-in-a-100

I play hl pyro, and I can assure you that this number is waaaaay off

Last edited by Scissors,

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Scissors

[…]

I play hl

Hence the explanation as to why it doesn’t matter in 6v6 :)

Cuttlefish

6v6

Quoted from Starkie

[…]
also stop it with the safety (creepy) smilies

What do you mean? :)

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

ambassador wouldn’t make much difference to the game, no
it’s annoying to play against because as I said before, there’s nothing you can do if a spy gets lucky headshots on you
it’s not the same as the whole pyro thing because the pyro weapons are situational so you can prevent it happening

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

[…]

Hence the explanation as to why it doesn’t matter in 6v6 :)

No, you have not played against people using the amabassador, I do it every day.

The entire discussion is about whether the ambassador is more random than the Diamondback, and I would say it is, especially in the hands of 6s players who have only briefly used it in pubs.

But like I said earlier, I am still for allowing both weapons. I am just saying that the amby is gonna make a lot of you 6s players buttmad because of random luckshots

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Scissors

The entire discussion is about whether the ambassador is more random than the Diamondback, and I would say it is

Fair enough, you’re probably right, I don’t know. It doesn’t matter, is all I’m saying.

konr

Spike please stop. Fuck.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from konr

Spike please stop. Fuck.

Ban me.

edit: :)

damneasy

If amby will be on whitelist it wouldnt change alot, like you wont go spy that often, and if you do you try to backstab not to headshot. I dont think it changes a lot.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 7 Next »