Created 5th January 2014 @ 22:34

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7

caeli

#T4F

Quoted from Starkie

[…]
you’re proving your point with one div4 log
right
coming from someone who has played the game for a long time, granary is really stalematey (although not as much as it used to be)

Not only d4 games got this kind of results: http://logs.tf/40187 for example, in d2.
I check logs almost daily (and there’s a quite long list which ends in results like that), I have been playing a lot of games in granary, and it’s the most exciting map ever, I dunno why you guys rage that much to an impressive map that offers really huge results.

Process for example, is quite boring (imo) in comparison, every log I see which is not a steam roll, ends 1-2, 1-1, AND GRANARY IS STALEMATE LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!

Where is the stalemate thingy ? some of the teams make it boring in the way the play, not only granary, but every single map, maybe they should step it up and learn to play the map.

Anyway, I believe, Obscure + Granary in one week at S18, my wet dream.

Last edited by caeli,

kaidus

WiK?

embrace the aids

mana

(ETF2L Donator)

Every single time someone says metalworks is boring:

Chess Club vs. Xensity casted live by BloodSire and Cbear

Chess Club vs. Xensity recasted by Slin and Salamancer

One of the best matches in recent times.

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

a game that ends 2-1 is not necessarily stalematey, it could be back and forth
granary games with high scores are just usually wipes at midfights which is an almost guaranteed round

damneasy

I changed my mind about loose cannon, i used it in gullywash and it absolutly destroyed everyone lol, you dont even have to aim, its like you have a second sticky launcher :D

Popcorp

Quoted from damneasy

I changed my mind about loose cannon, i used it in gullywash and it absolutly destroyed everyone lol, you dont even have to aim, its like you have a second sticky launcher :D

Loose cannon CAN fuck you and your team up, if enemies are using a Heavy and they use Uber, then you use Loose cannon to push him back, there’s a slight chance they a cannon will explode behind him and Heavy will just fly forward onto you.

+ It’s not very reliable at close range, sometimes Cannon just flies back onto you when it hits an enemy, resulting in you getting hit by your own cannon.

Loose cannon jumping is also viable, it’s very nice to use it when you have no time to put sticky and sticky jump, you sacrifice more health loss with Loose cannon jump than with Sticky launcher, but you do it very fast unlike SL, so yeah overall it’s Viable

damneasy

Quoted from Popcorp

[…]

Loose cannon CAN fuck you and your team up, if enemies are using a Heavy and they use Uber, then you use Loose cannon to push him back, there’s a slight chance they a cannon will explode behind him and Heavy will just fly forward onto you.

+ It’s not very reliable at close range, sometimes Cannon just flies back onto you when it hits an enemy, resulting in you getting hit by your own cannon.

Loose cannon jumping is also viable, it’s very nice to use it when you have no time to put sticky and sticky jump, you sacrifice more health loss with Loose cannon jump than with Sticky launcher, but you do it very fast unlike SL, so yeah overall it’s Viable

1. If you suck and shoot behind heavy… ye but why would u do that lol
2. They never get close cuz cannon just knocks them back
3. No, its really hard to jump with, takes waaaay too much health and its just not fast.

Popcorp

Quoted from damneasy

[…]

1. If you suck and shoot behind heavy… ye but why would u do that lol
2. They never get close cuz cannon just knocks them back
3. No, its really hard to jump with, takes waaaay too much health and its just not fast.

1. It happens randomly
2. Cannon bounces of an enemy, so the cannon is still mid-air, which can hit you if you get too close
3. Forgot to mention you need a medic to do that

damneasy

Its not randomly, you can aim with it…

Phnx

just gonna say my opinion about the diamond back, very useful but since you need to get a med pick/back cap when taking spy I prefer the l’etranger since it gives the extra cloak time which can be very useful at times, and with the diamond back you can sometimes not even get the stab, or even if you do you are most likely to die immediately, no reason to use it:p
oh yeah and the cannon sucks

Last edited by Phnx,

Phnx

double:x

Last edited by Phnx,

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Fuxx

[…]
While I personally disagree with “muh democracy” polls, they are still nonetheless a very good indicator of what current opinions in etf2l are. I have my doubts on the competence of the admins who made these decisions.

Like I said before:
Some of these new permitted unlocks are gimmicky, barely game changing at all and it raises the question of “why allow X but not Y?”. Why allow the FaN but not the Liberty Launcher? Why allow the diamondback but not the cloak and dagger? Is this a slow transition with the intent to Americanize etf2l’s rules? If that’s the case can you just tell us because as it is right now the whitelist makes absolutely no sense. At the very least, I’d appreciate some clarification on that aspect.

Now I have not tried coalplant yet but with these claims that middle dramatically drops fps, what action do you intend on taking? Are you going to stubbornly push for the map to stay even if more people begin reporting the same issue?

The removal of metalworks upsets me mainly not because I loved the map, but because you’ve decided to keep granary and viaduct. KOTH, while refreshing and perhaps needed in 6s, does not automatically make a map good and viaduct is not one of those maps. Having to sit in spawn building uber/kritz every time you lose a push while the rest of the team suicides in hopes for a pick is not fun or exciting.

Granary I must criticize due to the fact that it is only appears to remain around for the sake of keeping ye ol’ mandatory oldskool map… but badlands already fills that position and does it perfectly. Why the fear to replace granary even if not for just one season?

Slow reply, I haven’t opened this thread in a while. Anyway, I would suggest you send an email to [email protected] and apply for an admin position. That way you can have a direct say in these sort of decisions.

I don’t mean that as a passive aggressive “lol i wont listen to you”, I’m saying this because you seem to care enough to write a long post about it, and as far as I’m concerned that’s the exact attitude a good admin would have.

http://etf2l.org/etf2l/jobs/

disclaimer: this is not an invitation, just a tip

Fuxx

I am not interested in admining for etf2l so no thanks.

Would’ve still appreciated some clarification regarding the unlocks based on what I’ve noted about them but at this stage it’s a bit too late, season’s started.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7