Forum

Diamondback in season 17?

Created 5th January 2014 @ 22:34

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 Next »

konr

Quoted from MARS^

I think the main problem with the amby in 6s is that spies can easily get behind enemy lines and hit headshots from far away, which forces the enemy to go back and kill him if they don’t want their medic killed by two headshots.

This is literally it. Done.

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from kronis

Whats wrong with granary?

You can barely even move around on it, I’ll never get why anyone enjoys it

Last edited by Scissors,

kronis

NASA
hi im dog

Quoted from Fuxx

Well it’s stale, boring and uneventful. I could even dare call it ugly because apparently that’s relevant (see: when people complained about metalworks).
I don’t understand why the only way to test new maps is to remove new ones every time a new season rolls around instead of letting them stay and replacing Granary instead.

Stale? http://logs.tf/151596 – yeah, stale. Gullywash is more “stalematy”.

You can barely even move around on it, I’ll never get why anyone enjoys it

Press w,a,s,d.

Last edited by kronis,

Vlijm

UbeR |

Great maps, great unlocks. Two exceptions for me:
– The new map coalplant gives me such bad fps it is almost unplayable (yes i have a mediocre laptop). Id rather see an old good fun map brought back than a completely new hardly tested one. Im very interested how you came to this decision a id rather see freight/well/fastlane. Granary is fine and imo metalworks wasnt as good as we expected.
– Force of nature: fuck everyhting that stuns or has impact on movement. Would rather have seen GRU, Disiplinary action. All the other unlocks seem fine but more like fillers.

xoxo

gouldie

#Bringbackmetalworks

Join the revolution

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from Fuxx

[…]

Watch NA povs and play it like they do, it’s tons more fun.

Except they also play it the exact same way I described? I remember watching a game that was ended by the timelimit because the game was so stalematey. This is an inherent map problem that is present especially in Metalworks. It rewards holding rather than pushing because every point is so hard to push while so easy to defend. It’s the opposite in Process, where all points are relatively easy to push even with only minor advantages.

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

Quoted from kronis

Stale? http://logs.tf/151596 – yeah, stale. Gullywash is more “stalematy”.

you’re proving your point with one div4 log
right
coming from someone who has played the game for a long time, granary is really stalematey (although not as much as it used to be)

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

also the loose cannon is fucking hilarious to use

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]

Exactly, just as I said before. Why are you not making use of your Honorary Admin title ? :D

They don’t take me seriously, I am just there for the sex appeal.

Fuxx

REMOVE

Quoted from ondkaja

[…]

Except they also play it the exact same way I described? I remember watching a game that was ended by the timelimit because the game was so stalematey. This is an inherent map problem that is present especially in Metalworks. It rewards holding rather than pushing because every point is so hard to push while so easy to defend. It’s the opposite in Process, where all points are relatively easy to push even with only minor advantages.

The povs I’ve been watching involve several uber-less pushes through the truck side, which has proven to work better than I expected, really. It keeps the fighting going virtually all the time and opens a lot of room for backcaps. I think such tactics are more viable on metalworks than on any other map.

Munky

AEUGH

There are fps drops on coalplant. On the sniper deck my fps was dropping to 80 at points when I can usually keep a solid 200. People with worse PC’s were being hit a lot harder. It is an issue.

Fallen

TC

Quoted from Fuxx

[…]

The povs I’ve been watching involve several uber-less pushes through the truck side, which has proven to work better than I expected, really. It keeps the fighting going virtually all the time and opens a lot of room for backcaps. I think such tactics are more viable on metalworks than on any other map.

there is a truck on metal works?

Fuxx

REMOVE

Have you played the map? It’s also a callsign http://comp.tf/wiki/Metalworks

Last edited by Fuxx,

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from Fuxx

[…]

it’s one of the easiest pushes in this map, pushing the flanks. however it is still risky and fairly hard to push even with an advantage. the only reason why you push this way is because the alternative is much harder to push through, for both teams.

Last edited by ondkaja,

Limp.

EPA

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]

What did I just read….

Isn’t the point of weapons to reward skill, isn’t that the very base purpose of a balanced weapon, because aim is very much skill, and you can only pull those ambassador shots with good aim.

I would easily argue that a weapon that rewards a class for doing something that was already the whole purpose of the class (which is 1-hit kills) is much more broken and a crutch weapon than one which rewards pure aim.

Your logic made 0 sense to me

My aim is shit I can pull those shots, ’nuff said already.
Where as diamondback I’m probably dead before I can switch back to use my crits even.
Hopefully more clearly explaind now.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 Next »