Starkie

ulti?
sniper

Quoted from Fuxx

[…]

This a thousand times.

no a million times

damneasy

I dont get why people are crying, “this new weapon is stupid because it does this and that”, but in the end the stock weapons will still be the best and will always be used, the americans dont use all these shit weapons do they? Maybe the loose cannon will be used but if you can use the grenade launcher you will still rek people with loose cannon…

Kaneco

More importantly, why wasn’t the ambassador allowed? Its pretty much the most balanced weapon out there, it trades accuracy and damage for shots that reward skill. Its much more balanced than diamondback.

Also why wasn’t the cloak and dagger allowed? If you were looking to make spy a bit more viable and fun to use it seems those 2 that have been around for years would be a no-brainer to start with and not a new weapon that was completely rebalanced 2 weeks ago.

Fuxx

REMOVE

Quoted from Kaneco

More importantly, why wasn’t the ambassador allowed? Its pretty much the most balanced weapon out there, it trades accuracy and damage for shots that reward skill. Its much more balanced than diamondback.

Also why wasn’t the cloak and dagger allowed? If you were looking to make spy a bit more viable and fun to use it seems those 2 that have been around for years would be a no-brainer to start with and not a new weapon that was completely rebalanced 2 weeks ago.

Precisely.

I’m not one to delve too much into arguments about how the tf2 scene is ran but these changes are just really baffling and raise too many questions. Would it be too much to ask for admins to clarify on this particular instance?

Forsak3n

S

Quoted from kronis

Rip best map in s16.

Limp.

EPA

To get kritz with diamomdback you need to get backstabs/destroy stuff, which isn’t really all that simple in 6s, at least if opponent team uses voice comms and/or arent totaly stupid.

Krit of it deals 102dmg, so its not 1shot on medic if you stabb some other class first.
But can result to some nice fragging sequences if you mange to get few backstabs and then pop your kritz to some one.

I don’t see problem beeing overpowrd but has potential to get some hype-up plays which are entertaing for cast, fragclips/movies

+variety

win-win

E: where as ambassador is bit lame as you dont have to do anything to earn he 102 damge but aim, and one could argue if it’s skillfull to point and click or not. All in all id say ambassador more likely to result bullshit/luck plays than diamondback

Last edited by Limp.,

Fallen

TC

Quoted from Snooki

In my opinion there is too many unlocks. ETF2L is fun BECAUSE of not many weapons being allowed which actually let everything be equal and only the ones with “skill” as a team and with the weapons can win. With the new unlocks all you need is skill with the weapon (e.g The Loose Cannon) and then you can wreck.

Soooo the unlocks replace skill with ..skill?

Spike Himself

TC

I think what Snooki is trying to say is that now the focus is more on how good people are with certain weapons, rather than how good they are at 6v6. I also think that Snooki is misjudging how 6v6 works.

Kaneco

Quoted from Limp.

E: where as ambassador is bit lame as you dont have to do anything to earn he 102 damge but aim, and one could argue if it’s skillfull to point and click or not. All in all id say ambassador more likely to result bullshit/luck plays than diamondback

What did I just read….

Isn’t the point of weapons to reward skill, isn’t that the very base purpose of a balanced weapon, because aim is very much skill, and you can only pull those ambassador shots with good aim.

I would easily argue that a weapon that rewards a class for doing something that was already the whole purpose of the class (which is 1-hit kills) is much more broken and a crutch weapon than one which rewards pure aim.

Your logic made 0 sense to me

Cuttlefish

6v6

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]

What did I just read….

Isn’t the point of weapons to reward skill, isn’t that the very base purpose of a balanced weapon, because aim is very much skill, and you can only pull those ambassador shots with good aim.

I would easily argue that a weapon that rewards a class for doing something that was already the whole purpose of the class (which is 1-hit kills) is much more broken and a crutch weapon than one which rewards pure aim.

Your logic made 0 sense to me

He’s trying to say that Diamondback is better to have in 6s than the Ambassador because getting backstabs in 6s is a little harder than clicking heads. I think.

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]

What did I just read….

I almost kinda agree with Limp on this one

With the diamondback, you NEED to get a backstab or sap a building, both of these are fairly hard in 6s, in order to get a crit.

With the amabassador, the chance of getting a lucky headshot is very high, especially in the hands of 6s players who arent used to playing with the ambassador. Amabassador is basically the greatest weapon for bullshit plays

I still think both should be allowed, though.

profix

FLANK

I am gonna play as much FaN as possible next season. This is gonna be hilarious.

Also R.I.P Chokepoints against Loose Cannon.

This is now a new unlocks thread! Okay?

Last edited by profix,

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Scissors

With the amabassador, the chance of getting a lucky headshot is very high, especially in the hands of 6s players who arent used to playing with the ambassador. Amabassador is basically the greatest weapon for bullshit plays

As opposed to ..sniper?

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

As opposed to ..sniper?

It’s different. If we are talking about close-up headshots, doing it with a sniper is much harder and rarer, with the amby it just seems to happen every other time you flick your mouse, which makes it less of a “woah-” kind of luck, and more of a bullshit kind of luck.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 7 Next »