Forum

[6v6] Unofficial Giant Unlocks Poll!

Created 30th June 2012 @ 10:56

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 10 Next »

droso

o/

Quoted from Ghostface

[…]

Coming from a scrub such as yourself, droso, that’s terribly amusing.

The game’s in a continuous regression and you’re bringing arguments such as “prem/div1 players are finally happy with the ruleset”. I couldn’t give a rat’s ass about prem/div1 players anymore, just like they didn’t give a rat’s ass about the rest of the league when they decided to boycott it a couple seasons ago. Unlocks are the future, wether you and all the other div1/prem shitnerds accept it or not.

Firstly, I think you really don’t understand the meaning of “scrub”, do you?.

Secondly, Where does “this league is in a continuous regression” comes from?
360 teams signed up for season 12. That seems pretty good to me.

Finally, I’d be curious to hear why you think unlocks are the future. Please enlighten me with your overwhelming tf2 knowledge.

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from droso

[…]Secondly, Where does “this league is in a continuous regression” comes from?
360 teams signed up for season 12. That seems pretty good to me.

I stated that in another thread, the signups have been decreasing from 360 (S10) to 304 (S11) and to 288 (S12)

Thomas the train

Quoted from CanFo

[…]
I stated that in another thread, the signups have been decreasing from 360 (S10) to 304 (S11) and to 288 (S12)

Does that include Drop teams or no? i hate to be a problem, but could you possibly pull up, numbers of 6v6 teams left at the end of the season? just to get accurate information(hate to be a hassle don’t bother if it’s a problem)

Last edited by Thomas the train,

Ghostface

spire

If you’d actually bother to check on your bullshit statistics droso, you’d see that 360 is the number of teams from Season 10, which dropped quite a bit in Season 12. Somewhere around 290 or so. Coincidentally, Season 10 is when we went Vanilla + Medlocks, also.

In contrast, the yankees have seen a continuous growth, with their unlock-favouring gameplay. Not to mention the far more dynamic games that they have.

You can argue that all unlocks do is lower the skill ceiling, but that’s the biggest piece of crap explanation ever. It’s that really crappy excuse that a complete retard would make up when he’s too lazy/stupid to adapt to anything new. You’re too scared that you can’t best a team who can adapt to those unlocks far better than you can and counter your tactics, so you just stick to no unlocks, making everything bland and easy. If anything, NO unlocks lower the skill ceiling.

So please, droso, let’s see what intelligent arguments you have now(read: pussy).

droso

o/

Quoted from CanFo

[…]

Ah indeed, I miscalculated.
My bad.

Still, that’s still a fairly impressive number, isn’t it?

Quoted from Thomas the train

[…]
text

I think you made a pretty sensible argument about the state of our top level.
Indeed, there is a definite skill gap between the top 2 teams and the rest but once again, I personally don’t think unlocks would do anything to reduce this gap.
If anything, we wouldn’t see their effect on the top level before a long time has passed, allowing players to actually master these unlocks.

@Ghostface: I’m not even gonna bother arguing with you anymore since you’re just being a dick right now. :)

Last edited by droso,

Kaneco

Quoted from droso

[…]
Considering a cinnamon ruleset now would a huge step backwards for this league.
Prem/div1 teams are finally happy with the ruleset! Why you’d want to upset them again, that’s beyond me.

Honestly, the thing is Prem/div1 players being happy with the ruleset doesn’t matter at all if you’re going to be playing alone in a few seasons at this pace.

Sure, stay with your happy vanilla ruleset and let the league continue in steady decline or finallly man up and accept some change and different dynamics to this league and let it prosper like it’s happening to the U S and A guys

droso

o/

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]

Honestly, the thing is Prem/div1 players being happy with the ruleset doesn’t matter at all if you’re going to be playing alone in a few seasons at this pace.

Sure, stay with your happy vanilla ruleset and let the league continue in steady decline or finallly man up and accept some change and different dynamics to this league and let it prosper like it’s happening to the U S and A guys

Actually, I just thought of this but what on earth makes you guys think that the vanilla ruleset is responsible for the “demise” of TF2?
Where is the conclusive evidence of that?

For all we know, we lost those players to real life or other games such as Shootmania, Diablo 3 and whatnot.

Last edited by droso,

Thomas the train

I’m not even talking about game changers only. if the Darwin danger shiedl(+25hp to sinper) is allowed it makes counter snipers not go for body shots, or uncharged headshots. that’s about all it does, but that actually makes it more skill indexed. The widowmaker no matter how good you are will put you in the power of a scout(even moose who shoots like 80% with it can’t make it better then a scout.)

the family business, the overdose. not every unlock is hurtful, and not they don’t all have to be game changing, just little things that introduce different styles is nice. lets be honest there is NO way, right now for infs and epsilon to be dethroned by anyone but maybe 3rd place team. they have mastered the perfect that style and no one can compete with it.

Also gunboats will make a difference right AWAY, i’m not saying re-vamp it all, i’m saying have an open mind, you have like what 3 months have a practice cup/tourny. let it be tried out, and if you do open up unlocks invite the US, and AUS, and AF to the table maybe even Brazilian tf2. lets universalize the rules though we differ a bit on things is an unlock like darwin’s danger shield going to break the whole EU style of play?

Clark

SDCK!

Quoted from droso

[…]
For all we know, we lost those players to real life or other games such as Shootmania, Diablo 3 and whatnot.

Yes, because european tf2 is going nowhere.

Last edited by Clark,

droso

o/

Quoted from Clark

[…]
Yes, because european tf2 is going nowhere.

What does that even mean? :D

Clark

SDCK!

Quoted from droso

[…]

What does that even mean? :D

That means that amount of teams registering for etf2l is decreasing (as it has already been stated), and people are leaving to play other games.
Clear now?

Last edited by Clark,

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from Thomas the train

[…]

Does that include Drop teams or no? i hate to be a problem, but could you possibly pull up, numbers of 6v6 teams left at the end of the season? just to get accurate information(hate to be a hassle don’t bother if it’s a problem)

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6473721/etf2l_stats.JPG
No problem at all :)

droso

o/

Quoted from Clark

[…]
That means that amount of teams registering for etf2l is decreasing (as it has already been stated), and people are leaving to play other games.
Clear now?

I agree with that. Again, what makes you blame the vanilla ruleset for that though?
There is no conclusive evidence towards it. For instance, a lot of players left for diablo 3 which was a long-awaited game. This has nothing to do with the league ruleset now, don’t you think?

Last edited by droso,

Thomas the train

Quoted from CanFo

[…]
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6473721/etf2l_stats.JPG
No problem at all :)

Thank you,

Thomas the train

Quoted from droso

[…]

I agree with that. Again, what makes you blame the vanilla ruleset for that though?
There is no conclusive evidence towards it. For instance, a lot of players left for diablo 3 which was a long-awaited game. This has nothing to do with the league ruleset now, don’t you think?

maybe it does… if tf2 was the most fun and interesting game, would you leave it(no?) in the U.S. players leave invite because real life, not other games maybe it’s the community and they all like and enjoy each other. Or maybe they like the rule/play style. you guys say your rule set makes the game more “in depth and thought filled” but is it? doesn’t encouraging delaying stuff just make it simpler: “grab lead settle in gurantee win because we might of got lucky one or two rounds”

Maybe adopting the U.S. rule set is to extreme, but it sure as hell works for us.(even without our unlock list first to five encourages really winning.) And i’m not sure what OZ plays are they first to five also? if so 2/3 major leagues use first to five, and unlocks, and those 2 are growing and evolving.

Right now i’m just encouraging a cup to test the change. I don’t play in EU(much sometimes merc for American teams.) so i can’t speak 100% from experience but i’d like to see the community become more global, and to encourage a “gold standard” if we can because tf2 can still sort of grow. it’s f2p and has a large raw player base.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 10 Next »