https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6473721/etf2l_stats.JPG
No problem at all :)

lol even highlander has less sign ups
tf2 = ded

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from droso

[…]

I agree with that. Again, what makes you blame the vanilla ruleset for that though?
There is no conclusive evidence towards it. For instance, a lot of players left for diablo 3 which was a long-awaited game. This has nothing to do with the league ruleset now, don’t you think?

less pubbers find the vanilla game type or ruleset attractive as most new players never played in it? dunno

Spike Himself

TC

The amount of signups going down seems an obvious result of running both HL and 6v6 leagues at the same time; people have to choose and can’t always commit to both. Whereas in the past, 6v6 was all we had.

Thomas the train

Quoted from Spike Himself

The amount of signups going down seems an obvious result of running both HL and 6v6 leagues at the same time; people have to choose and can’t always commit to both. Whereas in the past, 6v6 was all we had.

hahaha what? don’t the top 4 HL teams run a full line of back ups because premier and d1 players need time to scrim 6’s and such? it isn’t needed they have back ups and such.

Thomas the train

double post..

Last edited by Thomas the train,

Kaneco

Quoted from droso

[…]

Actually, I just thought of this but what on earth makes you guys think that the vanilla ruleset is responsible for the “demise” of TF2?
Where is the conclusive evidence of that?

For all we know, we lost those players to real life or other games such as Shootmania, Diablo 3 and whatnot.

Seems pretty obvious to me, vanilla ruleset is pretty unattractive for pub players looking to get into the comp scene.

I for one, main demo and I’m fine with it since I don’t think I could improve my game with any other unlock (other than the pain train), but I also play solly and I feel I could Improve my game so much and have much more fun with unlocks, actually I have no fun as soldier at all in 6s with vanilla ruleset. That’s for me but I feel pretty much every pub player will be hesitant when presented with this ruleset

And it’s really simple math that the only way for the comp scene to grow you have to, 1. Have retention of players 2. Recruit new players

If 1. is failing to other games, then 2. has to be above 1 for it to have any steady increase.

And the “pool” from which new players are brought to comp scene is pubs, if they don’t like the vanilla ruleset obviously they’re not going to get into comp and thus the league will continue to decrease in numbers. Players leaving for other games and not enought amount of new players joining the scene leaves it at a decline, while the NA scene is prospering and having 2,5k peak viewers on lan steam. We could be pulling these numbers but we need to change something obviously

Anyway, anyone leaving for shootmania will obviously come back soon, as it’s one of the worst and most boring games I have ever seen, diablo 3 is another thing entirely different.

Honestly I don’t think that has any influence at all, the 2 sides of the scene are pretty much independent, if anything the HL season is “stealing” more newcomers to comp scene to HL instead of 6s

Last edited by Kaneco,

Wabbeh

Holy crap chill out guys! Yes, there are loads of underpowered or ridiculously obscure weapons that could be allowed, but what the fuck is the point? All it does is complicate the ruleset and prompt 100 page discussions from a bunch of faggots trying to argue that the wrangler should be allowed because weapon X is also allowed.

To me it seems like the natural TF2 cycle of high participation during Winter and low signups during Summer online, with the opposite happening for LANs.

Last edited by Wabbeh,

Thomas the train

Quoted from Wabbeh

………

Hmm interesting view, but honestly the widowmaker isn’t UP, it gives engi options, and the DDs isn’t bad it’s just different. but when do you really over extend as a sniper and think “oh god that 50dps from my smg could really stop a top level scout now.”

aura

I know a better way of finding out how many people want the unlocks to be allowed in 6v6. Just ask the opposing team to play with NA whitelist before scrimming or mention the equalizer :). How many teams would agree ?

Last edited by aura,

Wabbeh

Quoted from Thomas the train

[…]

Hmm interesting view, but honestly the widowmaker isn’t UP, it gives engi options, and the DDs isn’t bad it’s just different. but when do you really over extend as a sniper and think “oh god that 50dps from my smg could really stop a top level scout now.”

Engineer doesn’t need more options. Having a sentry that autoaims is gay enough, without having a gun that can fire indefinitely provided one does more than 30 dmg with each shot.

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from aura

I know a better way of finding out how many people want the unlocks to be allowed in 6v6. Just ask the opposing team to play with NA whitelist before scrimming or mention the equalizer :). How many teams would agree ?

Nobody would agree as long as “their” league’s ruleset is using a similar whitelist. Exception: Latenight lul mix

Thomas the train

Quoted from Wabbeh

[…]

Engineer doesn’t need more options. Having a sentry that autoaims is gay enough, without having a gun that can fire indefinitely provided one does more than 30 dmg with each shot.

Wait what? Do you enjoy playing this game or do you wish to it was all cookie cutter with little to no swaying from that? lol lvl 3’s fall to even d6 teams simply because 216 hp+no fall off makes them weak as hell. a basic understanding of focus fire makes it weak. it has uses, but a lot of the time a heavy is a better idea over engineer, since he is mobile(and actually has more HP). Just yesterday on cp_snakewater i walked a sentry to mid after we were behind on uber and they were waiting on spawns to push. my level 2 fell in around 2 seconds flat(actualy demo file shows 2.8 secs sue me.) and i was constantly repairing it. Do you really wish for engineer to see NO use? i mean i understand and agree with no gunslinger since it is way to mobile. but the second the sentry goes down the engineer is a slower less mobile and less dangerous scout. what reason is there to ever run an engi?

And if you just enjoy there being absolutely no engi, then you’re pretty close minded, and honestly are to biased to judge unlocks, if you think the “widow maker gives engineer to much power”

NoJu

8D

Who the fuck enjoys playing against an engineer? If no unlocks means no Engi most of the time, then good

Wabbeh

As you say yourself, engineer isnt fun to play. It also isnt fun for people to play against them. Therefore, why should we encourage engy? It also needs to be made clear that a weapon being UP/balanced and being gay isn’t mutually exclusive. Sentries, mini or normal, require no aiming. There is literally zero skill required to use them. Why should they see use in a competitive environment where skill should be the deciding factor?

Last edited by Wabbeh,

Kaneco

Quoted from Wabbeh

[…]

I’m seriously waiting for the day that someone is gonna bring the argument that a sentry is a crutch for engineer bad play and positioning, oh wait, it’s vanilla…

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 10 Next »