Forum

[6v6] Unofficial Giant Unlocks Poll!

Created 30th June 2012 @ 10:56

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 10 Next »

envy

Quoted from CrashSite

I said I sit on last, for example BL, until you have no stickies on point, which will causes about a 90% capped point, or even a cap if you are even the tiniest bit slow.

This happens all the time even without CnD. More over, it’s a part of EU playstyle: turtle as much as you can. With non-uber pushes I doubt you’ll have a time to offclass and keep your team in 5v6 disadvantage.

droso

o/

Quoted from emb

[…]

Actually, it only took us one season and a vocal minority getting their knickers in a bunch. Vanilla + medlocks wasn’t a natural evolution of the EU 6v6 scene, it was damage control.

If not for Season 9, we’d probably be using the NA unlock rules by now.

Ahah, how can you even believe that?
I can’t even begin to understand your thought process.

What do you even know about EU 6v6 anyway?
You’ve always been an highlander player. Stick to what you know please.

Last edited by droso,

Ghostface

spire

Droso, aside from playing scout, you’re really clueless about TF2 as a whole, are you?

droso

o/

Quoted from Ghostface

Droso, aside from playing scout, you’re really clueless about TF2 as a whole, are you?

Coming from such a scrub as yourself, that’s hilarious, Ghostface.
I’m pretty confident about my skill level as soldier and demo as well, which certainly can’t be said about yours. ;)

I guess having a majority of players from the top 3 divisions crying out loud for vanilla + medlocks for several seasons constitutes a “vocal minority”.
We had to wait for the top teams to actually BOYCOTT the league and see it fail hardly to make the admins finally take a sensible decision…

Considering a cinnamon ruleset now would a huge step backwards for this league.
Prem/div1 teams are finally happy with the ruleset! Why you’d want to upset them again, that’s beyond me.

Last edited by droso,

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from droso

[…]

I’m pretty confident about my skill level as soldier and demo as well, which certainly can’t be said about yours. ;)

I guess having a majority of players from the top 3 divisions crying out loud for vanilla + medlocks for several seasons constitutes a “vocal minority”.
We had to wait for the top teams to actually BOYCOTT the league and see it fail hardly to make the admins finally take a sensible decision…

Prem/div1 teams are finally happy with the ruleset! Why you’d want to upset them again, that’s beyond me.

Maybe because they don’t give a shit about prem/div1 teams’ happiness and want to be happy themselves.

droso

o/

Quoted from freshmeatt

[…]
Maybe because they don’t give a shit about prem/div1 teams’ happiness and want to be happy themselves.

Then they wouldn’t be doing their job properly. :)

Mercyless

ORACLE

Quoted from droso

[…]

hes talking about the players not the admins

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from droso

[…]

I’m doing this for money and fame, not for fun!

luzik

Suoli
moog

Unlocks are best so I voted no to everything but kritzkrieg

Thomas the train

Quoted from droso

[…]

I’m an outsider so give me a break on some wrong “facts”

But didn’t most of the prem teams and players of S9 leave anyway? isn’t your league diminishing? Is it also not true your “top level” is plateauing, and have very little reason to scrim games a day 7 days a week. Or to go over opponents STV demo’s for hours trying to get the upper hand. And you can argue it’s because “teams have been around so long or whatever” but the U.S. has been around basically as long, players from the old days of “Cal-I” are still playing, teams scrim daily basically, they go over STV’s shit you can find a lot of invite players playing DM mods for an hour-2 hours a day everyday of the week. The game is evolving and thriving. roamers, have 2 different completely different load outs that their team then builds around.

I’m not guru on this all, but i am well aware soldier is shit in the EU, and though some people will say “well, US has TLR, seagull,WW,platinum and soldier’s as such that have been around since day one, therefore they are more refined” that can’t be everything. Gun boats allow in a WHOLE new form of talented roamers, raw DM isn’t as important as game sense. and having an extremely good grasp of jumping may give you the upper hand over someone who has 800 hours on SOAP dm, and 2800 MGE score or whatever. it opens up the talent pool and allows in new players who don’t flourish under a slower basically rotatable 2nd pocket.

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from droso

[…]

As much as I hate demagogy, I can’t help noticing you’re being pretty elitist here. And, by the way, that’s not a good trait.

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]

Gunboats chain jump bombs are pretty much skill based, if you are a shitty jumper you will jump as bad with the gunboats or without the gunboats, if you can handle those chain jumps, gunboats gives you the edge for those clutch bombs..

Market Gardener is pretty self explanatory, it’s completely strafe skill based, it’s probably one of the most skill based weapons in the game, I still can’t believe your statement… In case you still believe it doesn’t reward skill please do show me a demo of yours hitting every market gardener crit, I really want to see it.

lol?
fail jump with gunboats? jump again you still dont take any damage. jump around the whole map and still be alive while we are at it! also rocket jumping isnt that hard..
sorry got the market gardner confused with an another unlock my bad

droso

o/

Quoted from Thomas the train

[…]
wall of text

So what’s your point?

Allowing unlocks wouldn’t make low prem teams suddenly start beating infused/epsilon.
The only effect that’d have would probably be to lure the last remaining top players away from the game.

@freshmeatt: whatever dude. Just stating my opinion on the matter.

Last edited by droso,

Ghostface

spire

Quoted from droso

[…]

Coming from a scrub such as yourself, droso, that’s terribly amusing.

The game’s in a continuous regression and you’re bringing arguments such as “prem/div1 players are finally happy with the ruleset”. I couldn’t give a rat’s ass about prem/div1 players anymore, just like they didn’t give a rat’s ass about the rest of the league when they decided to boycott it a couple seasons ago. Unlocks are the future, wether you and all the other div1/prem shitnerds accept it or not.

Thomas the train

Quoted from droso

[…]

So what’s your point?

Allowing unlocks wouldn’t make low prem teams suddenly start beating infused/epsilon.
The only effect that’d have would probably be to lure the last remaining top players from the game.

@freshmeatt: whatever dude. Just stating my opinion on the matter.

Who’s to know though? gunboats turn what should be probably be a lower invite maybe IM roamer, to be considered as one of the better(Dave_AC) maybe teams will build around it they’ll make new strats newer playstyles will come out of it. Just this last season ESEA invite pulled in br0, and FLOW(though both teams have top players on it for sure, they still don’t have a definite player skill gap between quantic/LG and Mix^) Mix^ was going through a transition of a new roamer so they adapted their strats a bit, but Flow and br0 brought in a whole new style that could read Tyrone(quantic’s main caller) like a book and pretty much flat out counter his and Mix^’s playstyle. So Quantic switched their caller to b4nny, and they came back from a 4-0 and beat the 1st seed team in Invite(FLOW) on granary.

What i’m saying is the different playstyles very well could allow new talent to trump the teams of epislon and infs(which if i’m not mistaken might not be the same rosters as they are now, or even around). if teams build the gunboats into their playstyle they very well could over run a team that is more stuck in the “short leash” roamer that EU currently has. You guys did the S9 transition to vanilla… and look where it got you, even you guys consider premier to be a lot less competitive then what it once was, why not try to reinvigorate it?

EDIT: also ghost face don’t get aggressive actually bring forth arguments and, use logic aren’t European’s suppose to be more refined and logical compared to hot headed dumb Americans? :)

Last edited by Thomas the train,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 10 Next »