Forum

The Original - Skin or Unlock

Created 19th August 2011 @ 19:59

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 17 Next »

minimoose

Quoted from baerbel

for me personally the original just makes the soldier class too easy. firing from the center gets me out of sticky situation without any skill and makes me do a lot more damage without aiming properly. ban please

:DDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Daleth

ti.
[PG]

Quoted from Sideshow

[…]

You’re forgetting the sound, which makes a big difference.

Are you saying you don’t like the sound, or you think the sound is somehow indistinct (which is bull :P)?

calm``

DANMARK

Fix the sound, allow the gun.

My 5 cents :)

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

Quoted from Daleth

[…]

Are you saying you don’t like the sound, or you think the sound is somehow indistinct (which is bull :P)?

It is indistinct! For those of us who don’t want to blow our own ears out with headphones, it’s harder to tell where it comes from and it doesn’t immediately make a team think that there’s a soldier around as it sounds more like an explosion than a rocket firing.

Link!

.:ne:.

By now everyone should have gotten used to the rockets being fired from the left/right side, if people want them to be fired from the centre, who cares.

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

This is such a dumb topic.

Around 50% of the community cry for vanilla, then a weapon comes out that they like and they cry for it to be allowed. It’s pathetic. If you’re going to ask for vanilla, and you get your way, then don’t go trying to get ‘exceptions’ made for unlocks that you like. That’s _almost_ what us ‘non-vanilla’ people have wanted all along, and half the league rage quit because the admins went with that format last season.

A lot of people on here are wanting to use the Original because it fires in the centre. Not because it is a cool looking skin (it’s ugly btw). That alone tells you that it has ‘features’ that people are interested in.

I tried to keep this one short. Ban it, or open up other ‘small change’ unlocks. Don’t have double standards.

Kortz

.:ne:.

QFT

Quoted from AcidReniX

Around 50% of the community cry for vanilla, then a weapon comes out that they like and they cry for it to be allowed. It’s pathetic. If you’re going to ask for vanilla, and you get your way, then don’t go trying to get ‘exceptions’ made for unlocks that you like. That’s _almost_ what us ‘non-vanilla’ people have wanted all along, and half the league rage quit because the admins went with that format last season.

A lot of people on here are wanting to use the Original because it fires in the centre. Not because it is a cool looking skin (it’s ugly btw). That alone tells you that it has ‘features’ that people are interested in.

I tried to keep this one short. Ban it, or open up other ‘small change’ unlocks. Don’t have double standards.

Vladi

TIDS

Quoted from AcidReniX

http://www.agreecollaboration.org/img/portada_02.jpg

kaidus

WiK?

It’s not the same as other unlocks because it has no impact on the recipient of the weapon. No one is going to approach a fight with an original soldier any different than normal soldiers, therefore no one can be bothered by it’s inclusion (apart from the sound bug). The same cannot be said for other unlocks, and banning it cause of the fire sound means we need to get rid of hats surely?

But I really don’t see what the fuss is about.. Everyones played TF2 long enough now to be used to where rockets fire from :x.

Last edited by kaidus,

Quoted from AcidReniX

Vanilla always included reskins and leftsided viewmodels. How is a center viewmodel for the Rocketlauncher so much more different that it warrants not being allowed compared to a leftsided viewmodel?

Does the Original change anything for the enemy compared to the normal rocketlauncher?

Ghostface

spire

HOW HARD IS IT TO UNDERSTAND THAT – you can not compare left-sided viewmodels to the Original, because THERE ARE NO CENTER WEAPONS FOR ALL THE OTHER CLASSES.
It is easy for a soldier to switch from center to right/left because he can just switch weapons, but if another class wants to go center to right/left it cannot, first of all, and second if you wanna switch left/right YOU MUST LEAVE AND REJOIN THE SERVER
Get it now?

Everything debating the left/right/center thing below this post is purely retarded.

Quoted from Ghostface

HOW HARD IS IT TO UNDERSTAND THAT – you can not compare left-sided viewmodels to the Original, because THERE ARE NO CENTER WEAPONS FOR ALL THE OTHER CLASSES.
It is easy for a soldier to switch from center to right/left because he can just switch weapons, but if another class wants to go center to right/left it cannot, first of all, and second if you wanna switch left/right YOU MUST LEAVE AND REJOIN THE SERVER
Get it now?

Everything debating the left/right/center thing below this post is purely retarded.

And you don’t think we haven’t wanted center-viewmodels for everything for a long time now? I’m pretty sure we (as in, we vanillasupporters) have said it should’ve been in for all weapons multiple times now.

Daleth

ti.
[PG]

Quoted from AcidReniX

There already are exceptions, they’re called “Blutsauger, Kritzkrieg, Ubersaw, Lugermorph, Holy Mackerel, Frying Pan, Iron Curtain, Big Kill and Enthusiast’s Timepiece”

We allow use of different models and sounds for certain stock weapons, and also allow alternate sided viewmodels. Why is allowing another angle such a big deal?

stvv

WUL

Quoted from Daleth

[…]

There already are exceptions, they’re called “Blutsauger, Kritzkrieg, Ubersaw, Lugermorph, Holy Mackerel, Frying Pan, Iron Curtain, Big Kill and Enthusiast’s Timepiece”

We allow use of different models and sounds for certain stock weapons, and also allow alternate sided viewmodels. Why is allowing another angle such a big deal?

because it doesn’t come from the side at an angle, it just goes straight, so its not a re-skin, its different, that’s why i don’t want it allowed, because “oh no, it’s just re-skin”, it isn’t i dont care what the advantages/disadvantages are – vanilla load outs shouldn’t be altered.

Meuki

fleisch!
mods.de

To be honest the fact that it shoots from the center doesnt make it banworthy.

The sound however does.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 17 Next »