Created 19th August 2011 @ 19:59

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 17 Next »

AnimaL

omg ban pan too, such an annoying sound

Ghostface

spire

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

And you don’t think we haven’t wanted center-viewmodels for everything for a long time now? I’m pretty sure we (as in, we vanillasupporters) have said it should’ve been in for all weapons multiple times now.

Then only one item should not be allowed until ALL items have a center counterpart.

Derp.

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

“After a recent survey based on 15 popular MGE Mod, DM and Midair mod servers those with the original are 30% more likely to hit an airshot, 15% more likely to double and 10% more likely for a triple.

Add these statistics to the battlefield and you will see a soldier increase their productivity by around 30%, and from a survey we found that it’s also down to shots being easier to line up to hit a target.

Now here is something interesting, when someone would shoot at an enemy swinging from the right we found that only 30% would hit in the first shot, with the original this shot up to 60% as mouse movement was equal to both sides.

As for sound we fired a normal rocket launcher from various angles and our subjects got the position around about 70% of the time, with the original this went to around 35% correct.

The only advantage the normal rocket launcher had was with rocket jumps with them being more successful and going further than their original counterparts.”

http://www.gametech.com/

Last edited by WARHURYEAH,

Quoted from stvv

[…]

because it doesn’t come from the side at an angle, it just goes straight, so its not a re-skin, its different, that’s why i don’t want it allowed, because “oh no, it’s just re-skin”, it isn’t i dont care what the advantages/disadvantages are – vanilla load outs shouldn’t be altered.

So what about the left-sided viewmodel then? If it were added as a viewmodel option for everything (the center viewmodel), would you still say ban it because it’s ‘not vanilla’?

Quoted from Ghostface

[…]

Then only one item should not be allowed until ALL items have a center counterpart.

Derp.

It changes nothing for everybody on the server who’s against the Original user, vanilla with or without is no different.

dvb

div5 doin’ dat theoryfortress

Last edited by dvb,

Kortz

.:ne:.

Quoted from kaidus

It’s not the same as other unlocks because it has no impact on the recipient of the weapon. No one is going to approach a fight with an original soldier any different than normal soldiers, therefore no one can be bothered by it’s inclusion (apart from the sound bug). The same cannot be said for other unlocks, and banning it cause of the fire sound means we need to get rid of hats surely?

But I really don’t see what the fuss is about.. Everyones played TF2 long enough now to be used to where rockets fire from :x.

So you’re cool with me carrying heavy knuckles? I mean it doesn’t really impact you either does it? And what does banning it because of the sound have to do anything with hats which are purely cosmetic? The sound is a big deal in this game.

Meuki

fleisch!
mods.de

It’s not that the sound is annoying why people want it banned, it’s because it’s so damn hard to hear compared to the normal rocket launcher.
I think some people are forgetting that.

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

So what about the left-sided viewmodel then? If it were added as a viewmodel option for everything (the center viewmodel), would you still say ban it because it’s ‘not vanilla’?

then it WOULD be a reskin and NOT an unlock, so it technically WOULD be vanilla :)

Quoted from Enef

[…]

then it WOULD be a reskin and NOT an unlock, so it technically WOULD be vanilla :)

So, it’s no problem if it’s added for everything but just because it’s only on a single weapon (for now?) it should be banned (even though it’s still just a rocketlauncher with center viewmodel option, basically)? So it’s just the fact it’s on a ‘new’ weapon (reskinned Rocketlauncher) that makes you say ban it?

Last edited by Buffalo Bill,

Kortz

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

So, it’s no problem if it’s added for everything but just because it’s only on a single weapon (for now?) it should be banned (even though it’s still just a rocketlauncher with center viewmodel option, basically)? So it’s just the fact it’s on a ‘new’ weapon (reskinned Rocketlauncher) that makes you say ban it?

Buffalo its not just a reskin though…

Quoted from Kortz

[…]

Buffalo its not just a reskin though…

Does anything change for anybody except the guy who uses it? No. The sound is barely an issue, just pay attention.

Last edited by Buffalo Bill,

Tommeh

‹Con›

Wouldn’t it be unfair to demos and maybe even medics though? They don’t have an option for the fire from center thingy (yet) :(

Last edited by Tommeh,

Bonkers

just like send an email to valve saying GIMME FIRING ROM CENTER FROM ALL CLASSES PL0X and see what response you get

TurboTabs

(Classy)
Op4

Updated the OP with some of the points people have been saying and saying against them. You can stop saying the same things over and over again now (:

Also added Skyrides poll to OP.

Hopefully we good get an official admin/Etf2l staff response about their verdict? *hint hint* :>

Kortz

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

Does anything change for anybody except the guy who uses it? No. The sound is barely an issue, just pay attention.

Does anything change if I use the heavy knuckles? Also the sound is an issue, if it’s less distinct it’s kind of better than the normal rl…

Also, would it kill you if it was banned or would you prefer if etf2l had double standards like acidrenix (IIRC) mentioned earlier?

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 17 Next »