Forum

The Original - Skin or Unlock

Created 19th August 2011 @ 19:59

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 ... 17 Next »

Ghostface

spire

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

So, it’s no problem if it’s added for everything but just because it’s only on a single weapon (for now?) it should be banned (even though it’s still just a rocketlauncher with center viewmodel option, basically)? So it’s just the fact it’s on a ‘new’ weapon (reskinned Rocketlauncher) that makes you say ban it?

Get your head outta your ass. It’s a reskinned RL with a different mechanism than the stock RL. And if it’s just a reskin as you say, why even allow it? Let’s just ban fish and pan too. There you go. Problem solved, lock the thread.

pena

Quoted from Ghostface

[…]

Get your head outta your ass. It’s a reskinned RL with a different mechanism than the stock RL. And if it’s just a reskin as you say, why even allow it? Let’s just ban fish and pan too. There you go. Problem solved, lock the thread.

Ban all the hats while you’re at it. Also lol@arx’s post.

Spike Himself

TC

If it’s an unlock, then ban because vanilla.
If it’s just a reskin, then ban because you could use the normal RL instead.
Problem solved.

AnimaL

Quoted from Tommeh

Wouldn’t it be unfair to demos and maybe even medics though? They don’t have an option for the fire from center thingy (yet) :(

i srsly dont give a fuck if i have centrelized medgun or not… and if soldiers play with original or not, since its just a skin with better sound, minus the sound bug that valv should fix

and thats not bcs i turned from vanilla fan to cinnamon fag, its just that this weapon doesnt affect gameplay in any way

Last edited by AnimaL,

wpminnows

[PG]

allow everything

hans

Quoted from WARHURYEAH

“After a recent survey based on 15 popular MGE Mod, DM and Midair mod servers those with the original are 30% more likely to hit an airshot, 15% more likely to double and 10% more likely for a triple.

Add these statistics to the battlefield and you will see a soldier increase their productivity by around 30%, and from a survey we found that it’s also down to shots being easier to line up to hit a target.

Now here is something interesting, when someone would shoot at an enemy swinging from the right we found that only 30% would hit in the first shot, with the original this shot up to 60% as mouse movement was equal to both sides.

As for sound we fired a normal rocket launcher from various angles and our subjects got the position around about 70% of the time, with the original this went to around 35% correct.

The only advantage the normal rocket launcher had was with rocket jumps with them being more successful and going further than their original counterparts.”

http://www.gametech.com/

THIS!!!

insanity

Haha some of the arguments people bring up here are hilarious. The mechanics are changed, therefore its not a reskin. Thats not even debatable. Nobody cares what it basically is, as long as the mechanics or the stats are changed, it’s an unlock.

You can allow it, but then it’s not Vanilla + medlocks anymore. That will bring up the question “Why not allow other unlocks too” and people will start discussing about every single unlock there is and whether it should be allowed or not.

Last edited by insanity,

Kortz

.:ne:.

Quoted from insanity

Haha some of the arguments people bring up here are hilarious. The mechanics are changed, therefore its not a reskin. Thats not even debatable. Nobody cares what it basically is, as long as the mechanics or the stats are changed, it’s an unlock.

You can allow it, but then it’s not Vanilla + medlocks anymore. That will bring up the question “Why not allow other unlocks too” and people will start discussing about every single unlock there is and whether it should be allowed or not.

This is what I’ve been saying all the time! I guess you pointed it out in a less retarded way than I did though :P

Quoted from Kortz

[…]

Does anything change if I use the heavy knuckles? Also the sound is an issue, if it’s less distinct it’s kind of better than the normal rl…

Also, would it kill you if it was banned or would you prefer if etf2l had double standards like acidrenix (IIRC) mentioned earlier?

Increased rate of fire but less damage. Yes, the Knuckles are a different weapon.

Quoted from Ghostface

[…]

Why allow it if it’s just a reskin? Well bugger me I was under the impression reskins fell under vanilla (like fish and pan). It’s not a different mechanism, nothing is changed for you.

Quoted from insanity

Center viewmodel is not a changed mechanic. By that logic, left-sided viewmodels are changed mechanics too and should not fall under vanilla.

Allowed or not I won’t use it but the argument that a different viewmodel makes it count as a whole new weapon is retarded.

Last edited by Buffalo Bill,

Meuki

fleisch!
mods.de

The Admins should really think about banning Reskins aswell, just to avoid future discussions

insanity

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

Center viewmodel is not a changed mechanic. By that logic, left-sided viewmodels are changed mechanics too and should not fall under vanilla.

Allowed or not I won’t use it but the argument that a different viewmodel makes it count as a whole new weapon is retarded.

Of course the mechanics are changed, if they werent, you would still shoot from the left or the right side just like with every other weapon.
Its not only a different viewmodel, that would be the scout’s fish or the demo’s pan for example. It uses a centered viewmodel, a unique mechanic you can only get by using an unlock. Left viewmodels are achievable by simply changing an option available to everyone. Centered viewmodels are not.

And just btw, centered viewmodels ITSELF has absolutely nothing to do with vanilla + medlocks. If they actually add it to the game it would just be one of the new features available to everyone, such as the damage counter. I like your logic though, Z0MFG BAN DAMAGE COUNTER ITS NOT VANILLA!!1!1

Last edited by insanity,

Quoted from insanity

[…]

Of course the mechanics are changed, if they werent, you would still shoot from the left or the right side just like with every other weapon.
Its not only a different viewmodel, that would be the scout’s fish or the demo’s pan for example. It uses a centered viewmodel, a unique mechanic you can only get by using an unlock. Left viewmodels are achievable by simply changing an option available to everyone. Centered viewmodels are not.

Random context much?

As far as I’m aware mechanics are what makes the whole weapon and how it works to other people as well. Last I checked the Original didn’t affect enemies in a different way compared to the regular Launcher.

Quoted from insanity

And just btw, centered viewmodels itself has absolutely nothing to do with vanilla + medlocks. It would just be a feature added to the game, such as the damage counter. I like your logic though, Z0MFG BAN DAMAGE COUNTER ITS NOT VANILLA!!1!1

…what? I said if you’re gonna ban it because it’s got a center viewmodel, be consistent and ban leftsided viewmodels too. Same effect.

Using it doesn’t change anything for the enemy, it’s got the same impact as using a leftsided viewmodel does. Whatever, can’t be arsed continuing this. Go ahead and ban if you see a center viewmodel as such a massive difference.

Last edited by Buffalo Bill,

Retsh0ck

32erz
2strong

Quoted from kaidus

It’s not the same as other unlocks because it has no impact on the recipient of the weapon. No one is going to approach a fight with an original soldier any different than normal soldiers, therefore no one can be bothered by it’s inclusion (apart from the sound bug). The same cannot be said for other unlocks, and banning it cause of the fire sound means we need to get rid of hats surely?

But I really don’t see what the fuss is about.. Everyones played TF2 long enough now to be used to where rockets fire from :x.

insanity

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

As far as I’m aware mechanics are what makes the whole weapon and how it works to other people as well. Last I checked the Original didn’t affect enemies in a different way compared to the regular Launcher.

[…]

…what? I said if you’re gonna ban it because it’s got a center viewmodel, be consistent and ban leftsided viewmodels too. Same effect.

Using it doesn’t change anything for the enemy, it’s got the same impact as using a leftsided viewmodel does. Whatever, can’t be arsed continuing this. Go ahead and ban if you see a center viewmodel as such a massive difference.

Left and right viewmodels are available to everyone and for every weapon. Its an option everyone can adjust. Centered viewmodel is a unique mechanic limited to 1 unlock.

Even you should realize there is a difference and as long as there is a difference at all, it should be banned, just for the simple fact that if you allow something that is only slightly changed, its not vanilla + medlocks anymore and the discussion which unlocks should be allowed will start all over again.

Oh and no, banning left sided viewmodels on a projectile based weapon (or in general) wont have the same effect because rockets that come out of the middle of your screen and fly straight are easier to hit (even if the difference is minimal), whereas it makes no difference if they come out of the right or the left side.

Last edited by insanity,

Mark

Phase

Quoted from insanity

Even you should realize there is a difference and as long as there is a difference at all, it should be banned, just for the simple fact that if you allow something that is only slightly changed, its not vanilla + medlocks anymore and the discussion which unlocks should be allowed will start all over again.

This is such a lazy argument.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 ... 17 Next »