Forum

The Original - Skin or Unlock

Created 19th August 2011 @ 19:59

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 17 Next »

We’ve actually had a pcw enemy leave the server after whining for 5 minutes, us switching to normal rlaunchers, and then complaining about equalizer which is blocked on the whitelist in our server. :D

evokje

WiK?

Quoted from Azured

I remember when people were clamoring for valve to fix the rocket launcher so it would shoot from the middle instead of off center (long before left hand models were introduced). Now it took a while, but valve finally got around to doing it, and now people want to ban it?

I was under the impression that the whole vanilla + medlocks movement was a response to shitty unlocks from valve, but when they finally go a head and make a good one, that the competitive community has been wanting for a long time, we simply refer to our “no new unlock” policy, as if we are refusing to even consider implementing valve’s work, just because they screwed up in the past.

Center firing weapons were discussed, before the introduction of unlocks (even the medics), and as such, the concept that the original repressents is even older than the medlocks. It’s practically the only unlock the competitive community has been asking for ever (we didn’t ask for medlocks, valve just made something that actually worked).

I didn’t play quake, so for me this doesn’t really matter (I’m more used to a right firing rocketlauncher), but it still seems silly to me that there would even be anyone who would actually ban it.

baerbel

trick17
trick17

for me personally the original just makes the soldier class too easy. firing from the center gets me out of sticky situation without any skill and makes me do a lot more damage without aiming properly. ban please

Vad

Why don’t Valve just make a cvar to switch the projectile behavior. Would be so much easier.

Skyride

DUCS

lol, the pixel pickup poll is so close. It’s 52 / 49 in favour of banning. http://pickup.pixelgaming.eu/2011/08/the-original/

lolage

TSPAG

Is it just me that doesn’t like using it? I feel I have much better aim with the normal RL…

Bury.

internecine

Quoted from Azured

I remember when people were clamoring for valve to fix the rocket launcher so it would shoot from the middle instead of off center (long before left hand models were introduced).

When?

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Bury.

[…]

When?

He’s probably meaning back in beta. I wasn’t there, but I’ve heard discussion of it before.

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

Quoted from Azured

You’re forgetting the sound, which makes a big difference. I don’t think many people are opposed to it firing from the centre as such, and most seem to want all projectiles to fire from the centre.
And it’s not a matter of ignoring good unlocks, it’s knowing where to draw the line; we cannot have discussions like this on every weapon valve releases (when most of them would never fit and cause rage and splits) and thus the easiest and most sensible solution 99% of the time is to ban unlocks (apart from medlocks) and just play with standard vanilla weapons. If valve implement a central projectile firing cvar, it would be allowed I imagine, as nothing else about the weapons would change.

KrullkrigareN^

nandos

who gives a shit just let people play with it if they want

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

On a related note, I think tftrue should be made to strip all stats from all unlocks bar the allowed ones and just use them as skins. Or just do it to the bazaar bargain. Regarding the original, fix the sound, then I don’t care.

alfa

you can craft it now

just allow it

vani

Bully

Quoted from alfa

you can craft it now

just allow it

1 reclaimed + 2 scrap does the trick

Last edited by vani,

Ordinator

tuhi

Quoted from Kortz

[…]

You know vanilla basically means medlocks too right? Or do I have to spell it out for the billionth time? And adds something cool to the game? Come on… A new sound? Let’s not be remtards

No, its not. Its vanilla+medlocks. But i really don’t want to continue this pointless discussion. Because its obvious that valve trolling comp. hard again.

Bonkers

Quoted from lolage

I feel I have much better aim with the normal RL…

this,

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 17 Next »