Forum

Clans in the Recruiting Forum

Created 18th December 2008 @ 18:18

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Wlv

RaWr ::

I pretty much agree with everything byte has said, however, whatever rating system we use is open to manipulation and exageration. Even if we created a script that would auto fill the topic with name/division/position and a change-able class, there’s nothing stopping people bigging themselfs up and there’s plenty of players in div4 who are good enough to play in div2 but haven’t chosen to..

rage

the Eastwood issue is a must have though tbh

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMjU3MDM5MjcyNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMDUxNzM2._V1._SX300_SY399_.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2959316992/tt0065207&usg=__Oro3jVr282PZsAZbLdZSwfie91w=&h=399&w=300&sz=24&hl=en&start=4&um=1&tbnid=x747VmsxnUwLlM:&tbnh=124&tbnw=93&prev=/images%3Fq%3Deastwood%2Bwhere%2Beagles%2Bdare%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN

trams

-><-

No i didnt read your post Byte, Ignorance is bliss as you say ;)

byte

I feel sorry for you already then :x

Cheers

Byte

Exoronic

low-
low
low+
low+/mid-
mid-
mid
mid(+)
mid/mid+
mid+
mid+/high
high-
high
high+
thinking u can beat me with flute
Beating me in flute ( gl with that :p )

:p:p:p

Dave

Mafia
wMiC?

hahah exo

And tbh, I reckon it’s better to keep the skill system as simple as possible. I’ve been following ETF2L since it started, and looking at some of these skill lists (like above :P ), I’d be confused as to where to put myself. For people new to the scene etc, I’d suggest you let them keep it simple, then those who’ve played with them elaborate.

At the end of the day, you’ll always generally get people who say they’re higher than they are. You can only encourage people to be honest, and post if you think they’re wrong.

Assault Marine Sigh

tbh the skill rating confused the shit out of me…. still does, I have no idea what skill I am, I posted low+/mid- because I asked people if that sounded about right for wanting to play in div3, and I know when I was in a top div4 clan we played low+ … I think. I still dont know if its right.
Something simpler may help ?

Madsie

skills should be
FAIL|
FAIL
OK
Good
UBER
WOOW
WLV

Anderson

TEZC
TEZC

you’re only as good as the people you play(in a team) with

Dave

Mafia
wMiC?

Damn :(

Rele

“you’re only as good as the people you play(in a team) with”

Semi-true. I dont think if, just as an example, Fragga would start playing in a Div6 Clan, that he’d be low, and right after 2 weeks he starts playing for a Div1 Team, he becomes high again.
But yeah, the better the team, the better you become yourself.

byte

Thats me and dave screwed then :(

Cheers

Byte

fu anderson! :x CU @ WAR!

Erinome

byte speaks truth :O
Some people just dissagree because they have another opinion about it.
And you can always have an opinion about something (well atleast where i live)
Anderson also speaks truth and also does not.

Iller

tGa

“you’re only as good as the people you play(in a team) with”

I don’t agree at all with this.
If a div 1 player decides to mix with a typical div 6 team, is he then suddenly low skilled ? Or do I misunderstand what you are saying ?

If you measure your skill only from how well your team does, then it might be true of course. However, since you are only 1/6 of the team it means your skill is determined to a 5/6 part by other peoples skill which is not fair..

Waebi

‹Con›

“fu anderson! :x CU @ WAR!”

BRING IT ON :D :D

“If a div 1 player decides to mix with a typical div 6 team, is he then suddenly low skilled ? Or do I misunderstand what you are saying ?”

tell me ONE who would do that. Edit: and no, imo the history is more important, and what earlier teams say about him.

“However, since you are only 1/6 of the team it means your skill is determined to a 5/6 part by other peoples skill which is not fair..”

it is. If you are better, you either push them up a bit, teach them tacs and make the whole team a lot better (including yourself), or you just act like a clanhopper, say “omg cant stand this low lvl” and leave. :/

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »