Forum

Clans in the Recruiting Forum

Created 18th December 2008 @ 18:18

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

Macisum

YOYO\'
syster

Hi.
What if clans could use divs instead of skill? Since lately that have bin a little fucked up.
So what do you think of:
[CLAN] [DIV(?)] Class..

– Macisum :)

codcrille

Fresh.

MID+/HIGH? becomes DIV2+ PLZ NO DUN WASTE MY TIME WITH NOOB DIV3. No real change there.

Oh wait you said clans, not players.

Jonni

[FB]

good idea actually

in my opinion this is how it works:
low and lower(—–) = div5
low -> low+ = div4
low+ -> mid = div3
mid -> mid+ (in some cases high, for example druidz and wotr, which are moving to div1) = div2
anything with the word “HIGH” in it is either really really stoned or DIV1.

correct me if i’m wrong but this is what the skill levels amount to in my opinion. there are ofcourse clans that don’t really fit in like for example (noflame) tfportal.de which should have been lower div2 or div3 imo.

(excuse my ninjaedit. makes wlv’s post look like it’s random)

Wlv

RaWr ::

Because sometimes the difference in skill between top div2 and bottom div2 is huge (for example)

codcrille

Fresh.

But yeah, lets swap the low-high scale for a 1-5 scale, where 1 is div1 and 5 is div5. So when you search shit you just go 3+ and ppl know ur high div 3 and so on.

Gaarulf

UP|

Also for players please!

Low can be just started the game, high div 5, or even mid div 4.

F2

Danmark

nah this is impossible because there are many more skill levels than 5

low-
low
low+
low+/mid-
mid-
mid
mid(+)
mid/mid+
mid+
mid+/high
high-
high
rybben

Wiiking

u forgot pirateskill

AnimaL

low+/mid-
mid-

lol wtf

Hansa

.idk?

‘rybben’

LMAO. turbolol

xtala

That’s just a bit too much indeed.
batmanskill is missing btw, seems TCM are that skilled. No idea where to place it tho :p

seraph

rEJ

aye needs batmanskill, also, imo, the current low/mid/high system is woefully lacking in resolution.

A 1-5 system where, in analogy to F2’s post, you have: 5-, 5, 5+, 5+/4- etc would be a great improvement for those looking for a pcw that isn’t a roll.

Penguin_

5+/4- gives a error on my calculator tbh.

And I vote for F2’s skill scale

Norris

missing >9000 skill

byte

Problem is all the skill factor is based on two things when its being advertised or posted on a forum or on irc.

Scenario A:

*M* – Mr.Popular is his alias, he posts as MID+/HIGH skill…

*M* – Mr.Popular’s IRC/INTERNETZLOLZ friend – “OMG GET THIS GUY HES EASILY HIGH SKILLED ++++++”

Two things that are affected there…

The opinion of the player himself on how he rates himself, then his bum pal who agrees with him just because he’s his friend :>

I could mention tonnes of players who have posted themselves who are HIGH but are not, i’m not saying i am either but what i am saying is for those who do advertise be realistic. Ego/Pride is at stake for most boyz who play tf2 hence they buff themselves up.

I have alot of “mates” who play online and play TF2 but i always tell the truth of what skill factor i believe they are, and explain why not just bumming the person because he’s my mate. Good example was Famous|AnimaL i rate him alot but i posted his flaws and his strong points and a realistic skill factor he even agreed with it… just shows you…

I think the idea of advertising div skill is a better idea because the chances of the player actually being classed at a wrong skill level for that division is ALOT less than if some random guy says “yea hes amazing omg recruit him etc”…

Cheers

Byte

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »