Forum

Clans in the Recruiting Forum

Created 18th December 2008 @ 18:18

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4

BvD

flowerpower/

What about:

Minus means on the lower half(6. – 10.), plus means on the upper half (1. – 5.) in the tables.

div6-
div6+
div5-
div5+
div4-
div4+
div3-
div3+
div2-
div2+
div1-
div1+

J3

@skinnie
–‘ actually toda had a clan before. he played with me on uP on div5.(just wanted to make that clear, 23day old but anyway :P)

Iller

tGa

Waebi,

“If a div 1 player decides to mix with a typical div 6 team, is he then suddenly low skilled ? Or do I misunderstand what you are saying ?”

“tell me ONE who would do that. Edit: and no, imo the history is more important, and what earlier teams say about him.”

Well, if anyone wants to do it or not doesn’t matter for the principal question.
But why should it be so impossible for a high skilled player to join a low skilled team for a friendly game and perhaps make them learn something ?
I find it hard to believe that all high skilled players have the attitude “OMFG, they are not even div 2. I won’t even talk to these noobs.”

I agree that the history and reputation is more important, but even more so the actual skill in reality.

“However, since you are only 1/6 of the team it means your skill is determined to a 5/6 part by other peoples skill which is not fair..”

“it is. If you are better, you either push them up a bit, teach them tacs and make the whole team a lot better (including yourself), or you just act like a clanhopper, say “omg cant stand this low lvl” and leave. :/”

Sure, if you replace one low skilled player in a low skilled team with a high skilled one, the team becomes a little better. I don’t agree that this will make the team a lot better however.
The individual skills of the other players cannot be compensated even with very good tactics (even if it helps of course).

Let’s say you play against a team were the individual skill levels of the players are higher than in your team (except for the high skilled player).
Maybe their skills are around mid and in your team the players are low skilled.
The non high players in the low team will most often all die to their counterparts in the other team and the high player will be alone or almost alone facing a full enemy team.
If you get outnumbered like that this is a quite hopeless situation regardless of your individual skill.

Which team you play in doesnt have to say anything about your skill. You can be a quite mediocre player playing in a good team and much relying on your teammates skill for your success. And you can be a good player in a low skilled team where the opposite is true.
In general of course it is more likely that a pleyer in a good team is good and the other way around.

KillaloT

eureka

What is wrong about the TF2 scene? :D

This is the only game where you’re only mid skilled when being top20 in the world.

imo are all div1 teams higher than the scale, you simply just know there teams, and the same case about the best div2 teams. The best teams in div 3 are therefor mid+/high. Think about all the teams and players who doesn’t participate in this league. (are there anyone? dunno, might be some day :D)

Wlv

RaWr ::

The last bit of your post ^^. A community website that hosts 2 public servers had 5000 individual hits in one night, thats more than ETF2L’s entire player base :o

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4