Forum

Please ETF2L, PLEASE reconsider the new unlock rules

Created 3rd October 2010 @ 21:20

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 18 Next »

Jude

notdoggo

basically the only problem i see with gunboats is pocket soldiers who cant airshot :(

CommanderX

(ETF2L Donator)
TEZC

How is gunboats supposed to be less annoying than crit a cola like what really?

As much fun as being one shot is………………. atleast the soldier has to hit multiple shots to kill me aka the medic

Like how is anything that can one hit outside sniper headshots (skillz), backstab (ninja skillz) or kritzrieg (something your team has to earn by protecting your medic not something you just get every 10 seconds or however long the recharge is not to mention it starts full when you spawn anyway)

Edit: Miaouss stop raging cos you can’t use the real minigun ;D

Last edited by CommanderX,

flix

n2o

i have fun when playing vanilla tf2

Tikcus

Quoted from CommanderX

How is gunboats supposed to be less annoying than crit a cola like what really?

As much fun as being one shot is………………. atleast the soldier has to hit multiple shots to kill me aka the medic

Like how is anything that can one hit outside sniper headshots (skillz), backstab (ninja skillz) or kritzrieg (something your team has to earn by protecting your medic not something you just get every 10 seconds or however long the recharge is not to mention it starts full when you spawn anyway)

Edit: Miaouss stop raging cos you can’t use the real minigun ;D

I’ll say this once more, FaN is banned, therefore a scout Can not one shot a medic with Crit o cola (104+35% = 140), it requires 2 shots, funnily enough the same two shots he needs without Crit o cola

Tikcus

Quoted from Monkeh

[…]

This needs testing tho’, anyone got a spare Vita saw to trade?

will trade Vita saw for £11.99 or Ol’ Snaggletooth sniper hat

high price, as atm you can’t buy or craft vita-saw (happens to be price of Ol’ Snaggletooth)

Last edited by Tikcus,

CommanderX

(ETF2L Donator)
TEZC

Quoted from Tikcus

[…]

I’ll say this once more, FaN is banned, therefore a scout Can not one shot a medic with Crit o cola (104+35% = 140), it requires 2 shots, funnily enough the same two shots he needs without Crit o cola

Oh alright then never played vs anyone who would use it anyway but 140dmg is still about 30 more damage than any other weapon can do

Tikcus

Quoted from CommanderX

[…]

Oh alright then never played vs anyone who would use it anyway but 140dmg is still about 30 more damage than any other weapon can do

your point is?

the Scout using Crit o cola if hit takes mini crits as damage, which means your soldiers can 1 shot him, your scouts can 1 shot him, your demo can 1 shot him, yet he requires 2 shots to kill a medic.

If he gets close enough to kill you without your team doing anything, he would have killed you anyway

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from kuma

its not so much the health they have, its more the angles they can come from with gunboats

At the most you will use 2 rockets to jump. That means if you’re actually bombing and not just pushing aggressive you will have 2 rockets left to kill a med, that means getting in as close as possible and getting 2 very solid hits in. 1 Rocket misses and you don’t kill the medic. And once the rockets are fired there’s no switching to shotgun to finish the med off, you have to reload a rocket to fire or to do a retreat jump.

And most of the med picks even involving double rocket jumps to gain more speed are possible without gunboats easily, the only point where gunboats really give you a big advantage is getting to mid fast.

Every other med dive in every other situation you can do the same angled jumps using 2 rockets with or without gunboats (though without you will probably need to be overhealed).

The angles arguement is quite frankly bullshit. I can accept the fact that gunboats are banned because they have no balanced hard counter at the moment. But don’t make up silly reasons.

Last edited by herpderp,

CommanderX

(ETF2L Donator)
TEZC

Quoted from Tikcus

[…]

your point is?

the Scout using Crit o cola if hit takes mini crits as damage, which means your soldiers can 1 shot him, your scouts can 1 shot him, your demo can 1 shot him, yet he requires 2 shots to kill a medic.

If he gets close enough to kill you without your team doing anything, he would have killed you anyway

It messes up your safe number of hp meaning even taking minimal damage is too much

kuma

Quoted from herpderp

[…]
The angles arguement is quite frankly bullshit. I can accept the fact that gunboats are banned because they have no balanced hard counter at the moment. But don’t make up silly reasons.

you can’t do those angles leaving you with sufficient health. gunboats has been used in the na for ages now, and its changed the meta game a lot. i’m not chatting out my arse here, the facts are there.

Jude

notdoggo

Quoted from herpderp

[…]

At the most you will use 2 rockets to jump. That means if you’re actually bombing and not just pushing aggressive you will have 2 rockets left to kill a med, that means getting in as close as possible and getting 2 very solid hits in. 1 Rocket misses and you don’t kill the medic. And once the rockets are fired there’s no switching to shotgun to finish the med off, you have to reload a rocket to fire or to do a retreat jump.

And most of the med picks even involving double rocket jumps to gain more speed are possible without gunboats easily, the only point where gunboats really give you a big advantage is getting to mid fast.

Every other med dive in every other situation you can do the same angled jumps using 2 rockets with or without gunboats (though without you will probably need to be overhealed).

thanks for putting into words everything i couldnt be bothered to write. apart from getting to mid faster to do some funky sexy jumps id say its generally about the same amount of successful medic picks with 2 rockets/no shotty in my experience

CommanderX

(ETF2L Donator)
TEZC

Quoted from Monkeh

I get the impression allowing gunboats would make playing the game so no fun for medics, I mean all we’ll end up doing is getting to mid and dieing, getting to CP2 and….dieing…and dieing…and dieing….and more death followed by a bit of dieing, then some heart failure followed by a healthy gib, then we’ll get killed and then we’ll die….etc.

Not sure I could be arsed playing medic if it’s almost impossible to survive against a half decent aggro solly. Not sure I’d be the only one. Medic’s would be quitting the game left, right and indeed centre.

Crit-a-cola just needs good observations and comms to counter, no chance against the boats of gun.

Also, free the fish!

I’d much rather play vs a gunboats soldier everygame than a crit-a-cola scout in half the games for reasons stated above

xzr

Quoted from Mitt Romney

[…]

You fail to take into account the rockets’ spread, the stickies’ spread or the potential heavy’s sasha, shoot feet, crit the fucker and he won’t make it to your med.

you fail to take into account the difference between div5 and div1

xzr

Quoted from flix

i have fun when playing vanilla tf2

this.

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

The crit-a-cola enables anyone to 4-shot a medic from granary’s last point’s door to the respawn, it has made me giggle many a time.
E: also what xzr said

Last edited by Rake,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 18 Next »