Forum

Please ETF2L, PLEASE reconsider the new unlock rules

Created 3rd October 2010 @ 21:20

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 17 18

RaCio

GoT²

Quoted from Monkeh

[…]

AFAIK uber is charged in 40 seconds and Kritz 30 seconds (25% faster)

Die still using Kritz and you keep ‘up to 20%’ so you start with an 8 second advantage and a spawn of maybe less than that.

Kritz charges in 30 seconds, take off 20% = 24 seconds with Vita-saw
Uber charges in 40 seconds, take off 20% = 32 seconds with Vita-saw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2afZ9xiSSZs

I’m pretty sure I got my maths correct tbh :p

If you are calculating the amount of times you can have kritz ready in a certain amount of time you also need to take the duration into account.

“I think the point was that you can have a kritz coming at you every 24 seconds plus medic respawn time. ”

Your 24 seconds is the absolute minumum a medic can have kritz ready after a respawn with vita-saw in a very specific situation. As the vitasaw does not increase charging speed (using kritz depletes your charge) the number of 1 kritz/38 seconds stays unchanged.

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Attaking last

You: Use Kritz, (and Vita saw), and attack last.
Die with 21% charge remaining, but enemy popped uber.
Spawn in 6 seconds ‘cos you’re attacking last, with 20% charge.
Solly comes to pick you up as soon as you spawn.
24 seconds later you have charge.
Total of 30 seconds after the uber was popped you have charge and are pushing last again.

Enemy: Use uber to survive and kill enemy medic with 4 seconds of uber left.
Start charging uber, takes 40 seconds.
Total of 44 seconds since enemy medic went down, they’re kritzing on you in 30.
DOOM!

Effectively making taking down a kritzing medic give you no advantage at all. At the moment, Kritzing on last against enemy uber only really works if you can get out without dieing to try again in 30 seconds, (10 seconds faster than uber), with Vita saw that’s ruined. Dieing will not be a disadvantage.

Last edited by Monkeh,

Tikcus

Quoted from Monkeh

Attaking last

You: Use Kritz and Vita saw, die with 21% charge but enemy popped uber, spawn in 6 seconds ‘cos you’re attacking last, with 20% charge, solly comes to pick you up as soon as you spawn, 24 seconds later you have charge. Total of 30 seconds after the uber was popped you have charge and are pushing last again.

Enemy: Use uber to survive, kill enemy medic with 4 seconds of uber left, start charging uber, takes 40 seconds. Total of 44 seconds since enemy medic went down, they’re kritzing on you in 30. DOOM!

You are forgetting one very important part of the vita saw, medic only has 140 HP!
more likely that a defensive situation where vita-saw becomes used, get rolled at mid, spawn with 20% you may charge in time to defend last.

also vita-saw means you can not forward/back spawn without losing the upto 20%

Let’s go back to mid fight

If every weapon was allowed, it may be more chaotic, for a short period of time, then and very quickly the best combo for a roll out will be established, and every clan 90% of the time will use that roll out.

Most of the weapons are not game changing, the only weapons that have any potential for game changing are the soldier ones, the new gloves (which would change 6v6 in a positive way). and maybe the milk.

But since all these weapons are too new for season 8 (mainly because instead of saving weapons to craft weapons, people made hats). We can worry about this in Jan/Feb when season 9 is in the pipe works.

RaCio

GoT²

Quoted from Monkeh

Attaking last

You: Use Kritz and Vita saw, die with 21% charge but enemy popped uber, spawn in 6 seconds ‘cos you’re attacking last, solly comes to pick you up as soon as you spawn, 24 seconds later you have charge. Total of 30 seconds after the uber was popped you have charge and are pushing last again.

Enemy: Use uber to survive, kill enemy medic with 4 seconds of uber left, start charging uber, takes 40 seconds. Total of 44 seconds since enemy medic went down, they’re kritzing on you in 30. DOOM!

I already acknowledged that tactic in my previous post. It doesnt change tikcus’ point about it not affecting the mid fight or the fact that a team can not be “coming at you every 24 seconds plus medic respawn time.”

Quoted from Monkeh

Effectively making taking down a kritzing medic give you no advantage at all. At the moment, Kritzing on last against enemy uber only really works if you can get out without dieing to try again in 30 seconds, (10 seconds faster than uber), with Vita saw that’s ruined. Dieing will not be a disadvantage.

This is slighty off-topic but maybe you should rethink why you are killing that medic in the first place? It has something to do with a certain capture point :p

Dieing after you trigger their uber with kritz will still give a disadvantage since you just wasted your uber. So like I said, for the tactic to work your opponent will have to push out with their advantage. Unless they are terrible they will recapture the point (and stay back while charging their uber).

pukz

medics are a useless class anyway.. just need 2 sandvich per class and mini uber devices that take 5mins to load for sols and demo’s then we won’t have to wait for a pickup and won’t have to listen to those boring rants from that northern egotistical bellend either.

Whos with me?

:)

Dummy

Quoted from pukz

medics are a useless class anyway.. just need 2 sandvich per class and mini uber devices that take 5mins to load for sols and demo’s then we won’t have to wait for a pickup and won’t have to listen to those boring rants from that northern egotistical bellend either.

Whos with me?

I think not(me)

Tikcus

Blue prints released with yesterdays update

Fabricate Gloves of Running Urgently
1 Killing Gloves of Boxing + 1 Reclaimed Metal = 1 Gloves of Running Urgently

Fabricate Vita-Saw
1 Ubersaw + 1 Reclaimed Metal = 1 Vita-Saw

http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Crafting

Enef

fest
#wubafan

It’s good they added blueprints. Now i don’t have to pay £3.49 for them and i can mock people that did.

dunc

infs
dp.

Quoted from pukz

Whos with me?

hahahah fuck off you :D

pukz

Quoted from dunc

[…]
hahahah fuck off you :D

Oh, you didn’t think I meant you did you? =]

GuMMi

frø
px.

wow.. my computer is fried for a month and all hell brakes loose…

plz reconsider on banning the FaN since you allowed players to adapt to it for several seasons..

banning it would have one sole purpose and that would be to make me sad…

Tikcus

Quoted from GuMMi

banning it would have one sole purpose and that would be to make me sad…

^ that’s the only reason I could come up with, it’s been nerfed so much, no one but you uses it :)

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 17 18