Forum

sandman: class role changes?

Created 25th February 2009 @ 21:51

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 10 Next »

frooker

“2) Valve has said before that they would not like to effect the players vision or the ability to control the character in any way, so why the change of policy?”

Because they’re having a hard time finding “sidegrades” which vary in more than just damage and clip size. That said it might have been a better idea to create unlocks for non-meele weapons only. :O

Absolute

I’m not usually one to call a developer dumb, but in this situation I’m kind of forced to. The big wigs at valve obviously think that a cool sound and nice icon above your head will “wow” the public newbies for a while. Playing as medic couldn’t be any worse right now, what with taking the dynamics of being able to switch uber and kritz to catch out your opponents. Kind of boring for medic really, and even more frustrating because scouts get a free kill. LOOOOOOL at trying to hold last point at all with 100% uber. gg.

It’s totally overpowered and its verging on the ridiculous for competitive play. Scouts can just spam a doorway (Take left side on granary, or the house in badlands) and totally change the middle point. It’s just so fucking obvious to me that it’s dumb and over powered, espiecally when we will have to wait so long for another update if we even want to try and consider a counter Vs it, [which will probably be the sniper or something worse, the engineer].

I can’t stop laughing really, because its so ridiculously bad.

To summarise in gamer speak.. Big Fat LoLz. Make two versions of the game please valve. Competitive and Public n00bs.

g0d

close the damn thread lol they made up there minds bout it … It will be used on going from week 7 only thing we could ask for is a vote on sandman limit 1.

AnAkkk

Seeing all the whine about it on the Steam Forum, we can see an update really soon that will make changes to sandman, so we can just wait.

Extremer

“close the damn thread lol they made up there minds bout it … It will be used on going from week 7 only thing we could ask for is a vote on sandman limit 1.”

That was posted before the massive hate began.

g0d

well then I just repeated it :) as it didnt really do any good now did it? =P besides I might be 1 of the only people who actually like the scout update … It reminds me that tf2 is a damn joke sometimes :-) and with limiting that update to 1 for everything it should be just fine, It would of been the same if for example we didnt know ubercharge… As the old tfc was you would of been like WHAT UBERCHARGE THATS RIDICULESSLY OVERPOWERD AND FOR NOOBS etc… it’s not if the other team has it 2 and uses it in the same way as every1 else does…

Just limit the damn thing or even class if you all think scout is way overpowered now.

Slick

Epsilon

not about to close this thread and stop talking about it cause u like it. It shouldnt be only limited but removed.

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

God, put yourself in Riemu’s situation (for example) the situation as it stands now means over half of the enemy’s fighting force is designed specifically for taking him out and to do so with relative ease. Taking out a heavy, even with a medic healing him, is a piece of piss for a demoman, and now even easier for a scout.

You allow this ball into competitive TF2 and you kill off the heavy, and not only that but you kill off the aggressive soldier (which is rarely seen now anyway, I had a few games for nervous as this before other members were signed), all you’ll get left with are meatshields for the medic, players playing cannon fodder for the scouts.

byte

S’ok Fragga Riemu wanted to quit TF2 anyways problem solved :D:D:D

just kidding <3 Riemu

Cheers

Byte

Rinorragi

Troopers

Sandman truly affects the gameplay. I’m playing scout as a main class and I would be ready to sacrifice my double jump for the sandman. Still, it affects only 1on1 situations mostly. I can’t see how the gameplay is changed is scout stuns soldier from opponents tight group. Those others are still protecting him right?

I think that this stun is directly compared to the random critical hits (which are banned from 6on6 as you all know). In lucky cases the thing is same, you hit with the ball / critical and opponents game is over. Except that you really need to kill the opponent after the hit while using sandman. I can see that this feature would be sit well into 8on8 gameplay with critical hits on.

And about 6on6… It is always the same matter when some guys are trying to rebalance the game for “progaming”, every once in the while “idiot developers” happen to develop something new. Usually that is the case when every current rules should be reconsidered in “progaming” environments. Sandman is balanced for the game where critical hits are on and is not imba as it is. Valve has always stated developing the game for the large groups, not for us — the 2% with “progaming” intentions. So yes, now it is time to made up the communitys mind about this new feature.

With this new feature the biggest problem is that it works really well with maps that we usually play where ground is flat and there are no much vertical differentials. I felt that it is hard to aim with that bat for longer distances if the ground is not flat. Also we tend to play map with choke points and of course this new weapon is great in those situations. If somebody tries to push forward you just stun him. Still I can’t see how this would be useful in gravelpit, maybe I’ll found out once I test it.

As an overall. I would want to keep this new feature in the game. And I would like to see new kind of maps in the game. Those cp maps with five points and two chokepoints are basicly all the same when we think about teamplay. Gravelpit and turbine are in my opinion only different kind of maps which are played.

KillaloT

eureka

I agree that the sandman does not change much on a competetive level, but i still think that the concussion effect would be better than stun.

Basicly i hate invisibility, slow and stun.. It just doesn’t suit a FPS game.

Garm3n

SdX BLU
sdx

I have played tf2 for about a year now. I came from competitive cod2 playing and what i love about tf2 is of course the team play but most the movement. In cod2 f.ex it’s all about the the aim and the first shot. In tf2 it’s both hit and dodge. I play as a medic and don’t hit that much :D so for me it’s just dodge. Now the scout has the power to make his opponents not being able to move, it’s so wrong imo.

Tf2 is as much movement as hitting. Some of you probably think… dodge the damn ball then :D I assure you i try! But as a medic i takes hit from one rocket f.ex and succes escape. And imo a rocket is more easier dodging than the sandman. And if the medic is a easy target, then all the other classes are… exept the scouts!

I really, really hope that the sandman will be forbidden in competitive tf2 gaming! I want to die fighting not in coma! And if the sandman means fighting, then it’s totally op!

To ETF2L: Start a poll about the sandman! 0 1 2

(Ihope you understand my swenglish :D)

sexy_kroete

Kot=Brot

Remember you just suck without DJump @ initial middle fight (badlands f.e.)
You cant really attack a soldier with your prim weapon without getting hurt/killed.

And uuuhhh, with Sandman you can hide and shot a ball. If you stun a scout, he will die. Other classes beeing stunned have better chances to survive, depending on situation.

You must first hit with that ball…. OK.. the heavy is just too fat and slow.
But hiding and shooting a ball is not a very effective way to fight for the middle.
Your demo or a soli could get raped by DJumping scouts while you’re seeking your fucking ball rolling down the hill.

Even if a team has perfect tactics to use sandman [ slow play gay shit?; waiting for a scout to hit a ball(lol, are u serious?)], i think you can just beat them without sandman. Or fukkin stun them back if you need it.

BERSERKER

broder
PRO

Tbh, I think a lot of opinions are formed too hastily. People would rather see it nerfed than trying to balance their way around a sandmanlimit 1. Obviously I’m not gonna lecture anyone, but I do think the best thing to do would allow sandmanlimit 1 for a while so people would be forced to adapt to it, and THEN have them make up their mind.

numlocked

(king of all rollouts)
Epsilon

“Taking out a heavy, even with a medic healing him, is a piece of piss for a demoman”

Not anymore. If you have a stupid height advantage then yeah it is easy (e.g. on granary crats on mid), but if you are on the same level the heavy has the advantage.

please stop complaining fragga really does my nut in

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 10 Next »