Forum

sandman: class role changes?

Created 25th February 2009 @ 21:51

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 10 Next »

Jowy

If the sandman isn’t removed, I’ll quit TF2 for sure. Fucking bullshit stun doesn’t belong in any fps.

dead_guard

common guys, sandman is very nice thing, it will make game much more interesting, than it was before… i’ve played 5 or 10 games with sandman, and that was really enjoyable

so my opinion is: too calm down, play more and enjoy new baseball bat =)

bam wizzle

too much boink’ing :<

agron

Relic

the sandman is the epitome of fail. kill it with fire.

elpedro

Yes remove the shit from professional gaming, right its fun in public but when its come to teamplay this should be removed.

I say as Jowy, if the sandman isn’t removed or if a new update isn’t released soon I to will drop this game.

Shad

Just wait a bit longer. You will see that the game is nicely balanced. Just wait for the end of achievements fury.

Why remove the sandman and not the ubercharge ? Ubercharge is much stronger and changes all the gameplay of the game.

This discussion is meaningless without waiting a little to see the actual effects in league matches.

gK

Mc\\\'s

The stun has nothing to do in a fps game, as said many times.

Ban everyone who thinks different.

Cheers.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Why remove sandman and not uber? Because you can’t just load up an uber @ weapon locker AND it doesn’t reload in 10 seconds. It’s pretty OP atm.

Norris

uber is an tactical option which requires teamwork to build up and to use correctly.

Shad

Sandman is a tactical option easily blockable by any average teamplay. As the Backstab is.

Slick

Epsilon

Remove this asap…before Week8 or at least delay before we can use it so that everyone builds their opinion on it.

Its made for publics not competitive game play.

elpedro

“Why remove the sandman and not the ubercharge ? Ubercharge is much stronger and changes all the gameplay of the game.”

Hope you kidding me, the ubercharge isn’t even close to sandman.

Yesterday when we played a game we did have uber on the last point on badlands, three of us died and the medic did uber me and there the scout was, he just used sandman on our uber twice so both me and medic died in one sec, you se my point here?

Will to point out that why did they update the scout in the first place, The scout is in my eyes the best class in the game, They listen to mush on the public right now…One class they really need to update is the soldier and if this update dont come soon I will stop playing soldier and go another class.

Serialloser

Hys.
NoraJ.

“Will to point out that why did they update the scout in the first place, The scout is in my eyes the best class in the game, They listen to mush on the public right now…One class they really need to update is the soldier and if this update dont come soon I will stop playing soldier and go another class.”

In a competitive setup it’s true. But if you look at the stat here “http://steampowered.com/status/tf2/tf2_stats.php&#8221; you’ll see that in a pub the stats are not so much in favor of the scout. Like you said, it’s like an mmorpg you cater to the mass (pve) not the competitive side of your game (pvp).

Puppets

zey cant remove tha boinking ubered medic … ITS AN ACHIEVMENT …

Th

GM

I’m going to add my opinion to a few things…

1) It’s called invulnerability for a reason, and altering its role is basically reinventing the push-retreat mechanics of the game
2) Valve has said before that they would not like to effect the players vision or the ability to control the character in any way, so why the change of policy?
3) Adding a stun effect in itself without considering 2) will certainly mean we have to learn the game again, but creating new extraordinary content, like the TF2 has been so far, is always more or less risky. I’d advice to test Sandman thoroughly and form well-informed opinions (not that they wouldn’t be so atm, but that there is too much emotion present for clear evaluation). After all, its only been a few days since the update.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 10 Next »